Minnesota Thread

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
When did they stop bumping teams who had success at USSSA to the next level for ASA? That's half the reason the MN A's broke up. They had never played ASA before and got bumped to ASA for winning D state for USSSA and then doing well again the next year. This was right near/at the same time UTrip tournaments started falling apart so they basically had to play some ASA tournaments then and were classified as C in ASA for their USSSA success.
I like it. It's how it should have always been done. I remember when I first started, a team won Utrip D state, then they switched to ASA D for the next year and did well, then back to Utrip D the year after that. If you're good enough to win D state, you can play C. It'll be ok. C players aren't going to hurt you.

I think Skol would get the bump to C if they played more ASA because they'd get a better win/loss record, other than playing one or two tournaments and doing well. I don't remember if they play Utrip state.

Beauner

Starting Player
I like it. It's how it should have always been done. I remember when I first started, a team won Utrip D state, then they switched to ASA D for the next year and did well, then back to Utrip D the year after that. If you're good enough to win D state, you can play C. It'll be ok. C players aren't going to hurt you.

I think Skol would get the bump to C if they played more ASA because they'd get a better win/loss record, other than playing one or two tournaments and doing well. I don't remember if they play Utrip state.
There wasn't a UTrip C state last year. Only like 6 of the 30-whatever ASA C teams played any USSSA last year.

EA Sports

Addicted to Softballfans
There wasn't a UTrip C state last year. Only like 6 of the 30-whatever ASA C teams played any USSSA last year.
You’re forgetting about the “state” tournament at the stadium last year. It’s sad that it has to be done, but that is the current state of C Utrip in MN.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I've noticed not one single team has come out saying their going to dominate this year.... It really makes these last weeks of off season drag on.
Honestly, not much talk on those Facebook pages about who is going to be good. I think the weather made people pump the brakes a bit. I don’t think it’s because people got smarter.

thelastsamurai

Addicted to Softballfans
Well since the first brackets are out here's my top tens

- roster must be posted and from MN.

C:
1. Stagecoach/CA - They got the roster they wanted. I hope they live up to the hype, they are loaded.

2. Blueline - They filled the roster with a few Mayhem guys and look well put together.

3. Showbombs - Added 2 nice pieces from the key guys and should be a top team every weekend.

4. **** Rainman Farms - Looks like the same old team and at the few big tourneys they play they are usually really tough

5. B&G - Legit team I've heard they just have trouble getting the full team most weekends, so they could be up and down.

6. SBI - Played really well middle to late last year. They added a couple guys and hope to challenge the top teams.

7. Silverbacks - Huge roster and they are very up & down the last few years. I wonder how much the big names will play.

8. OSS - Very experienced group and will make a few deep runs.

9. Clark Builders - Could be the year they move towards the top of the C division.

10. Chucks - Still have some big pieces but pressure will be on the bench guys who are starters now.

D
1. Express/M&M - 2 top teams from last year had a baby and won some appeals. Should dominate.

2. Gaf - Got down from C and their pitcher is probably the best one in D now.

3. MN Heat - Got the best player from Envy and the young guys will have more eexperience going into this year.

4. Wily McCoy's - Gull Dam + Infinty guys. Should be tough to beat.

5. MN Venom - Chuck Weeks plus some really good players from the crew. Roster looks legit.

6. Blackout - Down from C and looks to have added a few. They could be a wild card but should handle most D teams easily.

7. Skol Marketing - Utrip C team they just don't play Asa much and haven't gone to ASa post season. If they do they could win alot and would be a top 3 team.

8. Rampage - Made some big upgrades, should be taken seriously.

9. OCC - Added some Mankato Iron guys and should make them better after a good year last year.

10. Gas & Envy - Gas has made a ton of pickups and some from the Crew. Envy seems about the same minus Erod. They should be a tough out.

Pollyanna should be top 10 forsure, but only Danforth would put his team top 3:).

On1 or birdies team could be top 10.

Maybe team unknown:). Heard they have a stud hitter!

Scol or archetype? How good are they? Haven’t seen them play. Surprised they don’t play the bigger Asa tourneys?

Bell44

Addicted to Softballfans
Pollyanna should be top 10 forsure, but only Danforth would put his team top 3:).

Scol or archetype? How good are they? Haven’t seen them play. Surprised they don’t play the bigger Asa tourneys?

Skol/Achetype is a good young group of ball players. They would do well in ASA.

Whoever has Beauner on their team is top 3 every weekend...

Beau were tied for 1st, but I agree, let's stop it now!!

As for tournaments, RSA Classic is next weekend as well.

Healthbook10

Class D is always a crap shoot so we'll see what happens. I heard the same about Team Unknown :)

Beauner

Starting Player

Whoever told you that about Team Unknown lied.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Are the Mound brackets posted anywhere? I found last years brackets in a couple places, but haven't seen this years.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Hopefully that construction doesn't mess with the way you take to get there. Too much to handle in the morning.

sjoquist43

Addicted to Softballfans
Weather messing with a lot of guys availability?

That and a few injuries. It's just kind of piling up. Less commitment than previous years...
I'm actually kind of excited to play Monsta, I mean what the h*ll we've got nothing to lose