Minnesota Thread

Beauner

Starting Player
Yes.

Apparently, the Stadium is on with 6ish teams. I am on team Mother Nature this weekend. Potentially pitch some in 45ish degree weather at the stadium with likely beat to hell bats in case they break? Yeah, lovely. I wish I was a .700 hitter so I could just catch. That or retire to golf or mindlessly staring at golf on TV in the AC all summer. Hmmmmm.... I make good points. High fived myself.
I've never played at the stadium

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
They still have the man hole cover in LF?

I've only played up there one time, and it was a long time ago.

Last edited:

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
It’s nice to have those places that have tourneys every weekend, even though some are ****holes.

It was nice to have a place like Pov’s for throw together teams or a backup plan for a tourney. Same thing for Diamonds.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Finally getting to pick some local tourneys is nice. Glad the weather held off for Mound to happen.

Here are this weeks results:

Maximus Decimus (Pollyanna) - 21
Beauner (The Unknown) - 18
JMac612 (Blueline) - 18
Yoke (Horsemen) - 18
TSFingRocks - 17
BL19 (Precision) - 16
Chembry (Horsemen) - 16
Scunions22 (On1) - 14
thelastsamurai (M&M) - 13
Bell44 (Silverbacks) - 11
MNBaller (Dewey's) - 11
Larsl10 (Precision) - 9
Sjoquist (Outdoorsmen) - 9

This week the tourneys to pick from are the four divisions at Corky's, and the Conference tourney in Missouri.

If there is a link to the Corky's brackets somewhere other than the Corky's Facebook page, LMK.

Picks game rules: http://forums.softballfans.com/threads/minnesota-thread-2018.1428975/page-136#post-18983602

Last edited:

Beauner

Starting Player
I recommend not, ever.

You bet they do! Due to the hockey rink they put in, short RF has grass beads to help try and grow grass back which makes it slippery to run on.

Also, a bat was stolen. I hate playing there so much.

One benefit of swinging 28oz bats.
The probable culprits for stealing one of mine is very limited.

Loren posted all brackets for Corkys.

Rochester could of played a one day on Sunday. Got a total of 2" of snow which was gone by 3 pm Saturday, sun came out, and we had beautiful weather all day Sunday. The directors messed that one up. Now they are talking about making up the tournament, but will lose every team that isnt local. So 75% of teams wont re-enter due to schedules already being done. They are talking about making it up during 6s Wild, which isnt smart.

Need to change my team name for the pool. I am no longer with The Unknown, had to switch to On1/Ductech and whatever else Birdie got to sponsor.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
You bet they do! Due to the hockey rink they put in, short RF has grass beads to help try and grow grass back which makes it slippery to run on.

Also, a bat was stolen. I hate playing there so much.
Any way you can make it a bit more dangerous, you've gotta do it.

There are already enough uncoordinated softball players. Don't need any help hurting themselves.

Bell44

Addicted to Softballfans
Loren posted all brackets for Corkys.

Rochester could of played a one day on Sunday. Got a total of 2" of snow which was gone by 3 pm Saturday, sun came out, and we had beautiful weather all day Sunday. The directors messed that one up. Now they are talking about making up the tournament, but will lose every team that isnt local. So 75% of teams wont re-enter due to schedules already being done. They are talking about making it up during 6s Wild, which isnt smart.

Need to change my team name for the pool. I am no longer with The Unknown, had to switch to On1/Ductech and whatever else Birdie got to sponsor.

It sucks that the forecast for Rochester wasn't what was predicted. We were supposed to play down there and have a handful of guys from Rochester. One of them told me he didn't think the fields would be playable even if it didn't rain/snow late last week. It's a shame. I haven't been to Rochester for a tournament and I've heard they do a nice job.

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
St Louis: Resmondo

Corky's Open: Comatose
Corky's C: CIDW/Headlines Sportswear
Corky's D/E (O): Carney Boyz/S2N
Corky's D/E (F): Main Pub
Burnsville: Stooooooop

Last edited:

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
St Louis: Resmondo