Minnesota Thread

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I like how Dan's trying for the original corkys weekend dates to have some tourneys in the metro.

Sand Creek is a really nice place for a tourney, so that’ll be solid.

I’ve only played in Fridley once for a league night, and it is a good setup. Two fields would suck if it’s being your own balls, because they might go in the water, but that’s the only downfall.

thelastsamurai

Addicted to Softballfans
Sand Creek is a really nice place for a tourney, so that’ll be solid.

I’ve only played in Fridley once for a league night, and it is a good setup. Two fields would suck if it’s being your own balls, because they might go in the water, but that’s the only downfall.
I just drove by Sand Creek it does look nice. I think I played Fridley 5 years ago and thought same things, really nice but losing balls stinks.

Beauner

Starting Player
I could see usssa d, although I’m really not too familiar with usssa. But I don’t see them in asa d, generally you have to try to play up for at least a year maybe? I don’t think they did as a team? But I could be wrong. They had a really solid team a couple years ago.
They didn't play C as a team but a good chunk of them did go play C with various other teams (Main Event, Stoop, Run4Ryan for sure, not sure if there were any others). At least two of them played D again and 1 got bumped to C+ from playing D.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
On the new LPS site with the teams, is there a way to look at the rosters? If I get bored enough, I like to check them out. Roster season is also when it’s slow at work.

LaserArm

Addicted to Softballfans
Anyone looking for a D-USSSA tourney team for this summer? We were a league team in Apple Valley that played tournaments called Dirty Dozen. Last year we had a 2nd at the early Coon Rapids, another 2nd in Burnsville and I think a 3rd in there somewhere. Looking to get a little more serious so revamping the team. Looking for a backup pitcher, 1B or C. All good positions for guys that like to hit.

We are lucky that we have guys that actually get along with each other and can win. Let me know.

basilray

Anyone looking for a D-USSSA tourney team for this summer? We were a league team in Apple Valley that played tournaments called Dirty Dozen. Last year we had a 2nd at the early Coon Rapids, another 2nd in Burnsville and I think a 3rd in there somewhere. Looking to get a little more serious so revamping the team. Looking for a backup pitcher, 1B or C. All good positions for guys that like to hit.

We are lucky that we have guys that actually get along with each other and can win. Let me know.

It's sometimes tough for me to commit to lots of weekends, but if you need a backup P, I'm just in Burnsville!

thelastsamurai

Addicted to Softballfans
I still have two Monsta bats eventually coming:) and don’t need any bats, but usually a lot of bats are dirt cheap now? Did I miss the sales or are last years bats still pretty high?

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I wasn’t really looking at any bats this winter, but I bought a Worth Mach 1 to be my backup utrip bat and a Miken Primo Supermax for my brother to try in USA. They were real cheap, so it was worth a shot.

Beauner

Starting Player
I wasn’t really looking at any bats this winter, but I bought a Worth Mach 1 to be my backup utrip bat and a Miken Primo Supermax for my brother to try in USA. They were real cheap, so it was worth a shot.
The orange mach 1 with 1oz endload?

Beauner

Starting Player
I still have two Monsta bats eventually coming:) and don’t need any bats, but usually a lot of bats are dirt cheap now? Did I miss the sales or are last years bats still pretty high?
The COVID shutdowns really limited a lot of companies abilities to bulk buy. I know the company I rep for basically had 0 stock after mid-September because companies were under lockdown and had a hard time producing stuff. And with the USSSA stamp change they couldn't produce the 220 tech after September 1. The 240 stuff from a lot of the main companies aren't going to be in until late this month or early March from the sounds of it. Partly due to the delay of R&D on the new tech. Usually the new main lines roll out late October/early November which is what causes the older lines to drop in price.

Beauner

Starting Player
I got the balanced one. I should try a endloaded one though to see what that’s like.
Ahh. I was gonna say if you got the XXL model you could sell that and buy two more right now. Those things are fetching a lot of money.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Ahh. I was gonna say if you got the XXL model you could sell that and buy two more right now. Those things are fetching a lot of money.
I bet there were some in there, but I pay so little attention to what’s cool.

I think I’ll be able to try the new Anarchy utrip bats this summer, so we’ll see how those are.

What is LPS?
It’s where rosters and stuff will be for USA this year. https://lpsmn.com/

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I got to swing one last year for a tourney. I don't remember which model but the ball jumped off pretty well. I actually liked it.
I hit BP with a USA one a couple years ago and it was nice. I’ve never swung a utrip one, so that’ll be cool.

Going with the Monsta I swung last year for USA gamer, and my 4 The Fallen for utrip gamer. Been swinging it for years, since it only gets used for Wednesday league.

I’d like to go hit sometime, but the place in Buffalo I hit is closed. There’s Pitch 2 Pitch in Rogers, but I’ve never been in there.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Anyone know what a good price on a used Combat Pro Event wheel bag is? I was going to post it on the Minnesota buy/sell/trade page for $50, but I didn’t know if it was too high or low.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Nice, we got a handful of them from Corky's and pretty much had to give them away.
I have another Combat bag that’s the cheaper style, and I got it brand new for $25 from a guy that was having the same problem. Just couldn’t get rid of them.

The crummier one is nice for wheeling around BP balls, though.

Beauner

Starting Player
I never understood the idea of giving away roller bags for a prize for Corky's. Most guys enter the season with one they plan to use the whole season and when Corky's is so early in the year there hasn't been enough time for their bags to get beat up. Couple that with the insane cost to ship them and it makes moving them pretty tough.
They're nice enough bags, and I'd use one as a secondary bag for BP or whatever, but seems like a strange prize.

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
I never understood the idea of giving away roller bags for a prize for Corky's. Most guys enter the season with one they plan to use the whole season and when Corky's is so early in the year there hasn't been enough time for their bags to get beat up. Couple that with the insane cost to ship them and it makes moving them pretty tough.
They're nice enough bags, and I'd use one as a secondary bag for BP or whatever, but seems like a strange prize.

All of the prizes aka payouts are donations

thelastsamurai

Addicted to Softballfans
Before monsta came the Corkys payouts and prizes were a joke

mnballer

Addicted to Softballfans
Anyone have any info on BLD tourneys.
Vegas
Texas
Arizona

Asa preferred but I'm sure we could hit utrip..

Probably fall time.. Oct, Nov, dec.