mismarked Vinci?

rfoorman

Manager
I have a 12.5" i-web which I believe would be a JD73-L but the glove is marked as a TJ1962-L which should be a 13.5" double post? Is this a known thing?

leadoffbatter

Addicted to Softballfans
first one i've seen stamped like that jd73 but has the tj 1952 markings...but still a great looking glove lol

MaverickAH

I have a 12.5" i-web which I believe would be a JD73-L but the glove is marked as a TJ1962-L which should be a 13.5" double post? Is this a known thing?

Most likely it's a prototype or a mock-up. When Vinci is designing a new model, they will get samples from the factory before finalizing the designs. At that point model #'s haven't been determined yet so they may have any old model # on them or even none at all.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
Most likely it's a prototype or a mock-up. When Vinci is designing a new model, they will get samples from the factory before finalizing the designs. At that point model #'s haven't been determined yet so they may have any old model # on them or even none at all.

Good info here.

MaverickAH

I miss the pre-rep days..........

That's when, once or twice a year, Vinci would sell their prototypes & samples on EBay. I got some great deals back then. Prototypes, one-of-a-kind's, mock-ups, samples........ Those were the days!

Now the reps get all that stuff.:(

Lousy reps.........:mad::(:p

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
We don't get it, we are inticed into buying them. I am getting ready to make some Optimus move, what do you wanna look at. I have some ideas PM me sir!