Mizuno Crush Critique my swing

Geezer000

Addicted to Softballfans
Just getting back into swinging after a injury-plagued offseason. I was hoping that you guys could give me some help on how I could improve my explosiveness and bat speed. I'm feeling awfully slow right now. Disregard the third swing LOL

Normy

Looks pretty good to me. Much better than my swing. I'm sure the mashers will give you something to work on.

GrinningBear

World's deadliest house husband
I honestly didn't expect such a critical comment. I get what you're saying about the swing and I'm hoping to get more explosive once my body gets used to it again after the sickness.......

Yeah but he also recommended to squash the bug. I wouldn't put mutch into it.

How's the Crush? I was always a huge fan of the original Techfire line. Which is nothing like the new line, I know.

Geezer000

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah but he also recommended to squash the bug. I wouldn't put mutch into it.

How's the Crush? I was always a huge fan of the original Techfire line. Which is nothing like the new line, I know.
Crush is really nice. More explosive feel than the nighthawk. It's got more of a 1/2 ounce to 3/4 ounce end load feel to it. Was my swing better in the second video I posted?

4xtra

Player/Coach
In the 2nd video,
you hit the ball MUCH harder but the only thing that I seen
that was missing is you need to raise your left leg higher for even more power because you are only using your upper body for power.

dunkky

looks like you just need a little more time. muscles, body took a long break. so, they also need some adjustment period. i wouldn't be surprised if you lost some power while being away from playing balls. doesn't look or sounds like any mechanical related. just need to get back to game ready shape,i guess and start smacking the balls again. your body will know, you are ready, then it will respond. just my opinion.

Geezer000

Addicted to Softballfans
looks like you just need a little more time. muscles, body took a long break. so, they also need some adjustment period. i wouldn't be surprised if you lost some power while being away from playing balls. doesn't look or sounds like any mechanical related. just need to get back to game ready shape,i guess and start smacking the balls again. your body will know, you are ready, then it will respond. just my opinion.
For sure, I had meningitis in December and it took as lot out of my body. Still recovering....

Jusrah99

Outstanding Bad Mudasuka!
It looks like you’re casting your hands a little, and not coiling as much as you did before, which plays into not being explosive. I also think you just need more reps to get back on the groove and improve hand eye coordination.

The 4th swing looked solid...i think you’ll get i back fairly quickly though...nice stuff brotha

dunkky

i am no position to give you any suggestion as my swing looks no near as good as yours. lol. but i will try anyway.

for some reason, i like your second video better, looks more explosive and more bat speed. maybe it's just my eye. i think you can do more with your bottom, don't know whether it's stride, weight shift, etc. can't pin point exactly what it is. but whatever reason, doesn't seem like you are maximizing the energy transfer from your body to your swing considering how strong you look.

This guy Normy, a sbf hall of famer, a conference player, look how strong he thrusting his butt, and you can clearly see the energy transfer
from that to his explosive swing and follow through.

perhaps, u can stride maybe a few inch more? and push your butt harder?

I hope the better swing guys will chime in. :)

Geezer000

Addicted to Softballfans
i am no position to give you any suggestion as my swing looks no near as good as yours. lol. but i will try anyway.

for some reason, i like your second video better, looks more explosive and more bat speed. maybe it's just my eye. i think you can do more with your bottom, don't know whether it's stride, weight shift, etc. can't pin point exactly what it is. but whatever reason, doesn't seem like you are maximizing the energy transfer from your body to your swing considering how strong you look.

This guy Normy, a sbf hall of famer, a conference player, look how strong he thrusting his butt, and you can clearly see the energy transfer
from that to his explosive swing and follow through.

perhaps, u can stride maybe a few inch more? and push your butt harder?

I hope the better swing guys will chime in. :)
I agree, the second video was better but that was also last winter before I lost some muscle mass due to sickness. I'm trying to get back to that. Corey looks quite a bit stronger than me and has a very explosive swing. I think my lower half is on point but my upper half doesn't seem to keep up and stay with it though. I'm also trying to keep myself from over rotating but that might be pulling some strength for my swing.

Last edited:

Geezer000

Addicted to Softballfans
I think my second last swing (2:30 mark) in my most recent video is a lot like his. Just not quite as explosive.

Geezer000

Addicted to Softballfans
Are you just looking for us to massage your ego? :) You’re hitting pissles bud. Nothing to change.
No ego here, just hoping to improve my game. I took some advice from this thread and just hoped i was improving compared to my first vid. Thanks though ;)

Geezer000

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks everybody for the swing help. Had my first League game last night and had 3 home runs and one liner through the pitcher shortstop gap. Got under one of the balls a bit too much but with the bat speed and rotation I got over the last couple weeks it still carried out about 330ft. Using a 50hit Mizuno Crush and hitting 52/275 hot dot.Thanks again!

ShortYellowBus

Thanks everybody for the swing help. Had my first League game last night and had 3 home runs and one liner through the pitcher shortstop gap. Got under one of the balls a bit too much but with the bat speed and rotation I got over the last couple weeks it still carried out about 330ft. Using a 50hit Mizuno Crush and hitting 52/275 hot dot.Thanks again!
Were you a home run hitter before? That’s impressive!

I’d say full recovery. Mission accomplished!