Mizuno No Doubt.

single wally

Professional Amateur
One of my teammates who is too lazy to post on here was liking his 26oz in BP the other day, and watching from the OF the 52s were coming off nicely for such a new bat. I dry swung it and it was light and very balanced, Demar Mercy-like IMO. Will update after he gets a few hundred more swings on it.

GrinningBear

World's deadliest house husband
One of my teammates who is too lazy to post on here was liking his 26oz in BP the other day, and watching from the OF the 52s were coming off nicely for such a new bat. I dry swung it and it was light and very balanced, Demar Mercy-like IMO. Will update after he gets a few hundred more swings on it.

Mercy-like? Think I'll sit this year out and hope Mizuno gets that fixed before the world runs out of Techfires.

single wally

Professional Amateur
I just meant they swing light and very balanced, which some like. I'm guessing this is due to less weight on the end due to the rolled endcap.

GrinningBear

I just meant they swing light and very balanced, which some like. I'm guessing this is due to less weight on the end due to the rolled endcap.

Most people seem to like the lighter bats, which is probably why that's all they make. Us old school Mizuno guys are in the ever shrinking minority.

And they could easily end load the No Doubt.

For the guys that have had the chance to swing it, how whippy is it and would you suggest going up an ounce to compensate?

Adamal24

Never Settle™
For the guys that have had the chance to swing it, how whippy is it and would you suggest going up an ounce to compensate?

the no doubt is stiff as hell.. not whippy at all but def swings light so wouldn't be a bad idea to go up an ounce if you don't like your bat to swing light.

uniballer

Addicted to Softballfans
the no doubt is stiff as hell.. not whippy at all but def swings light so wouldn't be a bad idea to go up an ounce if you don't like your bat to swing light.

This for sure. Not whippy at all, which I like. And I agree with weighting...I'm wishing I had bought a 28 instead of a 27.

Last edited:

GrinningBear

Last I checked they don't make the weight I swing let alone go up an ounce. I'm still pretty disappointed. I made fun of the design at first (and it's still silly to market it as impossible to alter), but the more people commented the more I wanted one. I'd have one but I can't swing a 28 that swings that light. Even the 27.5 FSE I'm breaking in right now feels so light I hate it.

GrinningBear

Endload, short barrel 29 AKA FuryII.:D

That'd be nice. I fear we're going to have to settle for a regular Fury and not pay the 175 price structure.

Thanks now I miss my first Fury. Did that one pass through your hands? Scaled at 27.8. It was from a Mid-south player the year they won the Major. Silliness. It had a small dent for thousands of swings before I sold it north of the border a few years ago. Probably still going.

Adamal24

Never Settle™
Last I checked they don't make the weight I swing let alone go up an ounce. I'm still pretty disappointed. I made fun of the design at first (and it's still silly to market it as impossible to alter), but the more people commented the more I wanted one. I'd have one but I can't swing a 28 that swings that light. Even the 27.5 FSE I'm breaking in right now feels so light I hate it.

Just put 4 ounces of lead tape under the grip.. problem solved :biggthumpup:

slacker1

Addicted to Softballfans
This for sure. Not whippy at all, which I like. And I agree with weighting...I'm wishing I had bought a 28 instead of a 27. If anyone is interested in a 75 bp hit 27oz hit me up. I may give a really good deal on it so I can get a 28 :D

I might be interested, I will shot you a pm

GrinningBear

Just put 4 ounces of lead tape under the grip.. problem solved :biggthumpup:

Yes that would potentially solve the problem. But that's not necessarily where I'd put the weight. Actually I don't even need an endload. I don't swing a 26 any faster than a 29 and really light bats feel so foreign I never hit the ball well. I had a Craze, an ASA and white balanced Blackout, all 29 and they all felt as good as my endloads. Close anyway.

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.

Why do you think this? Other than rolling how could this possibly be altered?

Btw, Adam, that blackout I got from you right now has a perminant stranglehold on a spot in my bat bag that it's not giving up anytime soon.

ball go far

Addicted to Softballfans
my craze is in the bag, pinkout needs more swings, the dc i just picked up from bimmer will hold me over until then

GrinningBear

How do you think this thing could be altered outside of rolling?

I've rewritten this about ten times to keep from getting infarcteded.

Compress it.
Endload it through the handle. Anything in the handle can be removed, which has its own benefits.

single wally

Professional Amateur
True, where there's a will, there's a way, but at least the rolled endcap should deter shaving, which is still a good step forward. That said, moving to the 52 cor ball is having a bigger impact on cheating than changes to bat design.

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
I've rewritten this about ten times to keep from getting infarcteded.

Compress it.
Endload it through the handle. Anything in the handle can be removed, which has its own benefits.

Shaving is the biggest fish to fry when it comes to altering. Anything else just makes a miniscule difference in performance. That difference is being reduced further with 52s becoming standard in more and more places.

GrinningBear

Shaving is the biggest fish to fry when it comes to altering. Anything else just makes a miniscule difference in performance. That difference is being reduced further with 52s becoming standard in more and more places.

Shaving is biggest, yes. Have you ever swung a compressed bat? Not rolled. There's a reason that is specifically listed on the selling forum rules. Far from miniscule. Far. Kettering was pretty far off with their estimations and nobody knows where they got the compressed bats. Not somebody who knew what they were doing.

And endloading is fairly effective with the .52's.

And no I'm not going to do this. If I were I wouldn't be whining about the weighting on the No Doubt I'd have just bought one.

Just want to see the look on someone's face when they try to get it tossed for being shaved and the rolled end cap is pointed out to them and are then told why it's that way.

rat bastard

I'll be at the SBF store on Saturday, most likely picking up the No Doubt, your reviews have been great, well worth the money?

Adamal24

Never Settle™
I'll be at the SBF store on Saturday, most likely picking up the No Doubt, your reviews have been great, well worth the money?

So far, yes. Obviously no one can really speak to durability yet bc it hasn't been out long enough but everything so far has been a win with the no doubt!

Adamal24

Never Settle™
My no doubt is still holding up very well. Don't use it in BP anymore, just games hitting 52/300s. Kills those balls. Still the only bat I own for ASA. Love it.

TonyB

Addicted to Softballfans
I just got one. I got a 28oz because I read it swung light (and I usually swing 26-27oz). It does swing more like a 26 or 27oz. I went to DBAT and hit a couple rounds in the hit tracker cage. I'll see high 80s, some low-mid 90s (personal best so far is 96) with my well broken in 27oz USSSA Mamba, and I was hitting high 80s, a few 91s, and a couple 92s with the No Doubt right out of the wrapper. It felt like my broken in Mamba, and I'm sure it'll just get better. I got it for ASA league because I couldn't justify dropping coin on a bat just for a once a week league, and I can use it to back up or replace my Mamba.

I'm really, really happy with it.