Mizuno No Doubt.

Adamal24

Never Settle™
Buy one now and thank me later. First live game action with it tonight hitting 52/300 asa balls. :eek: that is all.

Video hitting classic ms:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJlGlKz_fRE[/ame]

Last edited:

Biermaj

Coach
800__okay_zps7ilwcakw.jpg

If there is such a comparison to be made, what is the biggest difference for you between the No Doubt versus the balanced Blackouts you've swung in the past?

800__okay_zps7ilwcakw.jpg

If there is such a comparison to be made, what is the biggest difference for you between the No Doubt versus the balanced Blackouts you've swung in the past?

This.

I have a brand new balanced 27 Blackout for the Classic M's and 44/375's, but am interested in the No Doubt for the 52s.

My end loaded Blackout that's cracked was destroying the 52s in league last night. About 50' degrees. A guy that rarely hits homeruns launched one with it.

Adamal24

Never Settle™
http://forums.softballfans.com/showthread.php?t=1395872 my initial, more detailed review at the end of that thread.. this bat swings very light/balanced.. little lighter than my 26oz balanced TM blackout.. it was hitting the 52/300 as well as my asa only 2014 juggy (which I am now selling bc of how impressed I am with the no doubt). Very stiff barrel.. This is by far the best ASA Mizuno that has come out in years (since the OG frenzy). I'm going to use it in my utrip tourney this weekend against classic M's and will update. May end up selling all my bats and just loading up on no doubts! Obviously it's too early to tell about durability...

Oscar919

Manager
Looking forward to the report. I have a 2015 Balanced Blackout I'm using for NSA. Would be interested in picking one of these up for primarily ASA games. But it would be nice to be able to use in both leagues.

Adamal24

Never Settle™
Looking forward to the report. I have a 2015 Balanced Blackout I'm using for NSA. Would be interested in picking one of these up for primarily ASA games. But it would be nice to be able to use in both leagues.

Yep, I've got 2 OG TM blackouts, a b/y craze, black mamba, 2014 asa only juggy and green mamba.. already put the juggy and green mamba up for sale and will be swinging the no doubt in asa and if it hits well this weekend with the utrip balls then i'm selling the rest other than the craze for BP! Will keep everyone posted.

Was there a break in period?

Not much at all if any.. I only have 150 or so hits on it and I will be extremely impressed if it keeps getting hotter because of how well it's already performing.

Biermaj

Coach
Your review was indeed what I wanted to hear but the following is more telling to me:

This is by far the best ASA Mizuno that has come out in years (since the OG frenzy)....

...May end up selling all my bats and just loading up on no doubts! Obviously it's too early to tell about durability...

I will be looking to get a No Doubt soon as I am looking for a ASA/USSSA balanced bat as my current dual stamp Blackout has been ok, but not great. It will become a BP bat should the durability of the No Doubt not live up to the standards we have come to know and love from Craze/Blackout line.

I am suspect to think that the durability of the No Doubt will be just fine as it is still a Non Warranty bat.

Adamal24

Never Settle™
Only got a few swings on it with classic m's today because we didn't do too well in the tourney unfortunately.... so far my more broken in utrip bats hit the classic m better, but not exactly a fair comparison because the no doubt only has 150 swings on it. But like I said earlier with the 52/300 asa ball even at 150 swings it was really performing as well as anything. Will update once it breaks in more on if it catches up to my other utrip bats with the harder balls or if it's a bat more suited for the softer ball..

Only got a few swings on it with classic m's today because we didn't do too well in the tourney unfortunately.... so far my more broken in utrip bats hit the classic m better, but not exactly a fair comparison because the no doubt only has 150 swings on it. But like I said earlier with the 52/300 asa ball even at 150 swings it was really performing as well as anything. Will update once it breaks in more on if it catches up to my other utrip bats with the harder balls or if it's a bat more suited for the softer ball..

That is actually more what I'm interested in. A bat that performs with the 52s for ASA and NSA. I love my Blackouts against the Classic M.

Adamal24

Never Settle™
Got some more swings with this bat with classic m's today.. it's starting to break in more with them and actually hit them quite well today. Still behind my 10,000 hit utrip craze and 2,000 hit TM blackout but it has 200 swings on it sooo not really fair!

Here's a few cuts hitting classic m utrip balls.. look at that first ball knuckle off the bat!

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJlGlKz_fRE[/ame]

uniballer

Addicted to Softballfans
I just picked one up from the store. If it hits and feels any where near as good with 52s as the first ASA Freny Elite did with 44s I'm gonna be really happy.
I have zero allegiance or love affair to any company and will give my thoughts after I put a good deal of swings on it. But I've agreed with pretty much all of what Adamal24 has posted on Mizuno bats so I'm pretty confident I will like it.

I just picked one up from the store. If it hits and feels any where near as good with 52s as the first ASA Freny Elite did with 44s I'm gonna be really happy.
I have zero allegiance or love affair to any company and will give my thoughts after I put a good deal of swings on it. But I've agreed with pretty much all of what Adamal24 has posted on Mizuno bats so I'm pretty confident I will like it.

Awesome, we look forward to another review.

uniballer

Addicted to Softballfans
First off I will say this is a sweet bat that has a ton of promise! Feels very balenced and true to weight. Much like the og asa Frenzy elite which i love. I used a 27oz....Temp 75....field is 310 all the way around and I set up 10' behind the plate... 3 rounds of 25 off a tee. 1st round of 25 used 52 worth hot dots. 2nd round I hit 25 with some very beat up 44s. Then 3rd round of 25 was back to the 52s.
1st round bat felt like a typical new Mizuno. A bit stiff and bit of a wood bat sound with an average to smallish sweet spot. But the ball was still coming off nice and had decent distance on several hits.

2nd round with the 44s to get it to loosen up a bit. Balls were coming off nice and crack was a bit louder due to harder balls. By the last 10 swings I could definitely tell the bat shifted gears a bit. Sweet spot felt a bit bigger and some hard liners one hoping into fence...last swing went a good ways out.

3rd round I was swinging at full force and with the 52s. Balls were launching very nice and were coming off harder and farther than the first round of 52s and was sounding really nice. My last 10 swings 5 were out by a good distance. One hitting a storage shed roof that's 330' out. I guess that's a bit of a brag post but that's a damn good shot for me off a tee with a new bat!

All this said i would say if you like the 1 pc mizuno feel this is a great bat for ASA using 52s. Is it the greatest bat ever? Of course not, it's just another very good bat up to this point. But of all the 1 pc dual stamp bats I've tried, this one is my favorite and is very much worth the price tag! As for durability I will have to get back after several hundred swings, but can say after the 75 I put on it today the bat is like new with no rattles, webbing, spirals ect.

Oh and what I'm really gonna love with this bat is when some d bag with no bat speed starts running his pie hole about "shaved" I can't wait to show him the no end cap feature :biggthumpup:

Last edited:

Adamal24

Never Settle™
First off I will say this is a sweet bat that has a ton of promise! Feels very balenced and true to weight. Much like the og asa Frenzy elite which i love. I used a 27oz....Temp 75....field is 310 all the way around and I set up 10' behind the plate... 3 rounds of 25 off a tee. 1st round of 25 used 52 worth hot dots. 2nd round I hit 25 with some very beat up 44s. Then 3rd round of 25 was back to the 52s.
1st round bat felt like a typical new Mizuno. A bit stiff and bit of a wood bat sound with an average to smallish sweet spot. But the ball was still coming off nice and had decent distance on several hits.

2nd round with the 44s to get it to loosen up a bit. Balls were coming off nice and crack was a bit louder due to harder balls. By the last 10 swings I could definitely tell the bat shifted gears a bit. Sweet spot felt a bit bigger and some hard liners one hoping into fence...last swing went a good ways out.

3rd round I was swinging at full force and with the 52s. Balls were launching very nice and were coming off harder and farther than the first round of 52s and was sounding really nice. My last 10 swings 5 were out by a good distance. One hitting a storage shed roof that's 330' out. I guess that's a bit of a brag post but that's a damn good shot for me off a tee with a new bat!

All this said i would say if you like the 1 pc mizuno feel this is a great bat for ASA using 52s. Is it the greatest bat ever? Of course not, it's just another very good bat up to this point. But of all the 1 pc dual stamp bats I've tried, this one is my favorite and is very much worth the price tag! As for durability I will have to get back after several hundred swings, but can say after the 75 I put on it today the bat is like new with no rattles, webbing, spirals ect.

Oh and what I'm really gonna love with this bat is when some d bag with no bat speed starts running his pie hole about "shaved" I can't wait to show him the no end cap feature :biggthumpup:

nice review! keep us posted!