mlb offseason

T.Heck

Your favorite Cubs fan
Cubs added Soler, Bryant, Russell, Alcantara, Johnson, Schwarber, Almora, Edwards and Baez..... Don't be mad

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
Marlins signed Stanton to lock him down so they can trade him to the Sox.

stork

No way bro. Coming to Sox. We could give them Middlebrooks for a straight up trade.

IRL, how long do the Marlins hold on to GS until they trade him? 3-4 years maybe? I definitely want to see how he comes back from getting his face smashed in. Throw first pitch up and in and then own him the rest of the AB?

stork

41%? For some reason I thought I heard he was good. I didn't pay that close of attention though.

STLCoach

Nobiscum Deus
For realz Baez may break Mark Reynold's single season strikeout record. When he struck out 223 times his K rate was 33.7%. Baez was 41.5%.

That's freaking horrible^^^^... The Merrill Hess swing 'AKA' the all or nothing swing.

stork

It's amazing that 43 of the top 50 K's for the season have happened since 2000.

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
It's amazing that 43 of the top 50 K's for the season have happened since 2000.

I think it's the combination of better pitching, amphetamine testing, and hitters trying to replicate "steroid era" numbers.

Just take the Royals for example. You have Ventura throwing 100 for 6 innings, then you have Herrera throwing 100 in the 7th, Davis and Holland throwing 98 in the 8th and 9th. For as much as I like the golden age of baseball guys like Mantle and Mays weren't facing anything like this on a regular basis.

I'm somewhere between the hardened old school guy that believes nobody should strikeout over 40 times in a season and the full blown saber guy that believes strikeouts don't matter. Strikeouts matter when your production doesn't make up for them.

stork

There was an article this summer I believe that spoke of the prevalence (for lack of a better word) of hitter that just go for broke with their swings and take the K's as a cost of doing business. It goes against of a lot of what I believe, but I can also see their rationale. It is just the evolution of the game I guess, doesn't mean I have to like it.

mcm21078

Addicted to Softballfans
Mike Stanton gets $68,450 per day, all day, every day for the next 13 years of his life.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

stork

That **** makes me hate baseball. But they can obviously afford it from somewhere...oh yeah, from us.