Monsta FIB or NON- FIB

HunglowJoe909

Addicted to Softballfans
Looking into preordering a new one. Haven't swung monsta's a whole lot. Looking for some opinions on those who have swung broken in FIB's side by side with a broken in non-FIB Monsta. Most of the hype is on the FIB's. Can the non-FIB's hang with them?!

HunglowJoe909

Addicted to Softballfans
ordered a Supafly non-FIB. Going to use for mush and 52's........forgot what the black widow and some of the older ones were, but not sure if they were FIB or not. Any more thoughts? Should I try and switch it to an FIB.

HunglowJoe909

Addicted to Softballfans
No doubt. I've hit the USA and OG AM. Both well broken in. Both legit sticks. Just wanted to give something different a try.

u234bob

Blah Blah Blah
Do you game your Monsta's over your D's? Just curious[/QUOTE

Yes, not what I wanted but performance says so.
Once you put a bunch of swings on and get used to the different feel then start to get over the owner douch deal the dna is really hard to top. Then the torch is just as good.

Last edited:

jcmichaels42

Addicted to Softballfans
I haven't put many swings on the USA, but I can vouch for the DNA. Even if the owner is a turd and all of that, the bat certainly performs. Also a lot of guys are now swinging the Torch on my team and that bat seems pretty damn good so far.

skew12

The aftermath (both versions), DNA, torch, and bombardier and are all top tier ASA bats. Find the one you can get the best deal on and you're set.

lcky3

Addicted to Softballfans
If a deal is what you're looking for, skip all them and get the Boombah Boss. The 2016 is only $200, and if you're willing to put a little extra work on the OG version, you can get 2 for $180 shipped, or 1 for $100.

I would put this bat against any other bat any day of the week.

HunglowJoe909

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks for more feedback. I really like my insane and USA future. Just want something for hot humid days in August

natedawg87

Baller
Two DNAs from guys on my team and they swing my Mercy and buddy's J3 over their own sticks. Performance don't lie. Nice looking bats that have been collecting dust this season

RustyShakleford

We destroyed a team last night swinging a DNA and whatever the piece of crap new 1 piece Monsta is. J3A, 2016 Mercy, OG dual stamp Z2000, and a green ASA Legit were better.

u234bob

Blah Blah Blah
Last Sunday snuck into the local park we play league.
I hit 300 balls or so. Normally I do not hit any hr, just push to rf.
I hit 10 maybe 12 over the fence, all were with dna. Every time I hit any of the other 12 bats we had hit the warning track at best. I swung usa am, mercy, reckoning the most.
Dna has better ball speed for me. My plan this year was to swing usa am but just ain't happening.

Pretty

Softball is cool
Two DNAs from guys on my team and they swing my Mercy and buddy's J3 over their own sticks. Performance don't lie. Nice looking bats that have been collecting dust this season

Let them know they should be selling the DNA then.

tnbowhunter

Addicted to Softballfans
Guy last night was swinging a shiny new torch that he just took the wrapper off of and it was killing the ball. Pretty impressive.

sleepin4matty

Management Material
Torch is a pretty nice bat. Feels very similar to my USA AM. There's enough similarity that I wouldn't be able to tell which one I'm swinging

lcky3

Addicted to Softballfans
Again, for the overall best deal, the Boss will blow away Monsta any day of the week. Hitting 325-350' off the tee regularly with the OG with only 4-500 hits on it for less than half of what a NIW Demarini or Monsta costs.

Considering the Torch will fail in about a 1k hits, and there are OG Boss bats posted having 2500 hits and still passing compression, not to mention no d-bag customer service issues with Boombah.

I think folks just can't believe such a good bat is so cheap.

///////////////
Again, for the overall best deal, the Boss will blow away Monsta any day of the week. Hitting 325-350' off the tee regularly with the OG with only 4-500 hits on it for less than half of what a NIW Demarini or Monsta costs.

Considering the Torch will fail in about a 1k hits, and there are OG Boss bats posted having 2500 hits and still passing compression, not to mention no d-bag customer service issues with Boombah.

I think folks just can't believe such a good bat is so cheap.

I can't wait to try one

HunglowJoe909

Addicted to Softballfans
I ended up switching my preorder on the Supafly to a Torch USA edition. After more consideration, if I'm gonna grab a Monsta, it's gonna be an FIB. Otherwise I would just grab another Demar, Boss, or another top ASA bat.

kratos198|

The Rookie
I have the 2015 US AM and the Torch. I love both bats and you cant go wrong with either. I felt it took around 200 hits to get the USA going good. The Torch actually blew my mind from the first swing. I always see people and bat companies talk about bats being ready to go out of the wrapper but the Torch out of the wrapper was incredible. The only issue with the Torch is to activate the FIB you must be able to swing with some good power. You need the wall of the bat to compress enough to compress the fib to truly get the optimal result. My 27OZ USA came in under 27ozs at 26.7 and my Torch came in at 27.4 without a grip. Like I said you really cant go wrong with either bat. The Torch doesn't have the endload that the USA has. If you pick both bats up right after each other you will notice that the USA has the weight more at the end of the barrel but at most is only 0.5OZS. The Torch has a noticeable midload but it brings more control and bat speed. Im gaming my torch but living in Illinois we have cold weather up here and the torch is defiantly more sensitive but the USA has been a tank for me.

Zylstra

Whatever
I've said this over and over.. if you play ASA and you're not swinging a Demarini, my friend you are at a disadvantage! Flipper-Aftermath, Mercy, J3A, Cluggy, '16 OG Juggy, Insan3 and others are all AWESOME BATS!

Original Donkey

Older, yet still fast
I've said this over and over.. if you play ASA and you're not swinging a Demarini, my friend you are at a disadvantage! Flipper-Aftermath, Mercy, J3A, Cluggy, '16 OG Juggy, Insan3 and others are all AWESOME BATS!

Then you might want to update your sig? :thumb: