Most durable new bat?

belly43

Bored without softball
I would like to find something that lasts more than 200 swings before it fails compression. I’ve got 2 Easton vets that barely made 200 before failing

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Hate to say it, but all the bats now SUCK for durability, even Eastons. Do yourself a favor and buy a few cheap '16 Eastons. They'll last pretty much forever and are extremely affordable.

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
^^^this.. I was going to say the same thing, or even the 15 bomb squad models they take some work but perform very well when broken in.

tonys1

I might be thinking about it all wrong, but if the bat is game ready out of wrapper and not being shared, isn't 200 hits good enough for a year and half, maybe two for most players? Is that perhaps the new standard companies want to set? It satisfies players' wishes to be hot with little break in time and their own interests to sell more bats.

I never personally broken in an old Easton, but I do play with them because of the balls our league uses and reading the reviews most of these took 500 or more cuts to even begin opening up.

Normy

From what I've been hearing, a "durable new bat" is pretty much an oxymoron. Take 20 swings or so to loosen it up and then save for games. Do like these other guys are saying and get the older models to beat on.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
I might be thinking about it all wrong, but if the bat is game ready out of wrapper and not being shared, isn't 200 hits good enough for a year and half, maybe two for most players? Is that perhaps the new standard companies want to set? It satisfies players' wishes to be hot with little break in time and their own interests to sell more bats.

I never personally broken in an old Easton, but I do play with them because of the balls our league uses and reading the reviews most of these took 500 or more cuts to even begin opening up.

Assuming you hit 0 BP swings with a new bat, 200 game swings is laughable. I play 250+ games a year. If I swung 1 bat for every AB (I don't) it would break or fail compression in a month or two. Paying $250+ for a bat that may or may not last 200 swings is the most retarded thing I've ever heard. That's over a buck a swing.

I'll stick with the stiff Eastons. They actually perform if you swing them hard enough.

tonys1

Assuming you hit 0 BP swings with a new bat, 200 game swings is laughable. I play 250+ games a year. If I swung 1 bat for every AB (I don't) it would break or fail compression in a month or two. Paying $250+ for a bat that may or may not last 200 swings is the most retarded thing I've ever heard. That's over a buck a swing.

I'll stick with the stiff Eastons. They actually perform if you swing them hard enough.

250 games? OK, figured I was missing something. I'm in Canada, there's maybe 20 games per season in a division, so I was looking at it like that.

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
The deuce is a good choice as are other dual stamp bats.. they will need some work though to perform as well as ASA only bats unless of course you are a masher lol

dunkky

this is the business trends now that all marketing, business, economic genius try to implement in every industry sectors to generate more profits and satisfy major customers. setup the factory in china, make piece of ****, sell it for cheap. customer breaks it, buy newer model for another cheap price. Customers are happy Repeat it again and again and again.

the problem here is, the bat prices are not cheap. that's our fault, not theirs. we shouldn't buy such piece of **** that last only 200 hits, but we do. that's the problem.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
I might be thinking about it all wrong, but if the bat is game ready out of wrapper and not being shared, isn't 200 hits good enough for a year and half, maybe two for most players?

Assuming you hit 0 BP swings with a new bat, 200 game swings is laughable.

I've hit a lot of my Eastons over 200 times in a weekend while breaking them in.

jhitman

I think the DC41's are pretty reliable. Have a 2016 DC41 and have at least 3,500 hits on it and still going strong. Mostly hitting 52's with it but hit some 44's and stadium balls even in the cold weather and it shows no sign of slowing down.

WarHorse

Star Player
DNAM had a cold weather shell, suppose to be pretty durable and fairly hot. I've swung one in a tunnel and it was a solid bat, but I probably wouldn't own one personally.

Funny enough I've never broken a Monsta, but I also only hit 44s and 52s with it, and 44s only if it's a warm humid day.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Can't believe there hasn't been a hammer post yet. The one time it might actually be a legit answer.

D-ROCK13

I bought a 30oz hammer a few years ago, new in wrapper, for 5 bucks on clearance. It took all of 3 classic ms to make it triangle shaped and I don't think a single one of those made it further than 100 feet...

Glad I loaded up on $50 combats last spring, only busted 4 in 2 years, so still cheaper than any other bat today, even breaking that many. And I have 2 more for this year that will end up Easton returns

D-ROCK13

For most durable newer bat id say go with a slugger super z or z4 or better yet, a sonic plus. The sonic is the only one I can get any distance with but theyre all stiff barreled and durable to say the least

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
I bought a 30oz hammer a few years ago, new in wrapper, for 5 bucks on clearance. It took all of 3 classic ms to make it triangle shaped and I don't think a single one of those made it further than 100 feet...

Glad I loaded up on $50 combats last spring, only busted 4 in 2 years, so still cheaper than any other bat today, even breaking that many. And I have 2 more for this year that will end up Easton returns

Classic Ms will trash ANY bat, as you discovered. They're the hardest damn balls I've ever hit. .44 375s aren't a ton better.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Solo z would be close to Sonic plus and blackout. For good and durable those are going to be your best bet.