My workouts

hrdchrgin13

Let me know what you think of my workouts, maybe one I need to add...
I normally do 3 sets of 10 reps and add weight as I go, I usually run a half mile before my workouts.

DAY 1
• Benchpress 3x10
• Incline benchpress 3x10
• Decline benchpress 3x10
• Tricep pull down 3x10
• Seated row 3x10
• Overhead cable ext. 3x10
• Dumbell bench press 3x10
• Dumbell fly 3x10

DAY 2
1) LEG PRESS
2) SQUAT
3) FRONT SQUATS
4) LUNGE
5) CALF RAISE
6) LEG EXTENTIONS
7) LYING LEG CURL

Day 3 - break, If I do go its cardio & ABS

Day 4

1. ALTERNATING DUMBELL CURL
2. BARBELL PREACHER CURL
3. INCLINE BENCH DUMBELL CURL
4. STANDING CABLE CURL
5. OVERHEAD CABLE CURL
6. HAMMER CURL
7. REVERSE EZ BAR CURL
8. SOME **** WHERE YOU WRAP A RAG AROUND THE CABLE MACHINE CLIP AND HAMMER CURL
9. CURL WHERE YOU TAKE ONE DUMBBELL AND HOLD IT WITH BOTH HANDS
10. TRICEP EXTENSIONS
11. SKULLCRUSHERS
12. TRICEP DIP
13. TRICEP PULLDOWN

DAY 5
• THRUSTERS
• BENT OVER ROW
• SEATED ROW
• SHRUGS
• SINGLE ARM SHRUG
• SEATED DUAL AXIS ROW
• BENT OVER CABLE EXTENSIONS
• ARNOLD PRESS
• FRONT PULL DOWN
• INVERTED ROW

Last edited:

hrdchrgin13

I_dont_know_smiley.png

Pls tell me what I need to rearrange where, kind sir

And to edit really I need to say I don't do them in a row I do Chest, Legs, off, Bi/tris, back shoulders

Hammerin' Hank

Addicted to Softballfans
You shouldnt really work the same muscle group 2 days in a row. It can actually work against you. You muscles need time to rest/recover and grow.

grubd

Banned User
A goal of getting bigger I would lower the amount of reps per set to the 4-8 range. More compound heavy movements. Also, not as many exercises. You don't need to do incline, flat, decline, dumbbell press and fly all in the same day. Heck, I don't think I could get through that at in top form. An example maybe this week start with incline, move over to dumbbell press, and finish with dumbbell flies or dips.

Onefiver

Addicted to Softballfans
My suggestion would be a full body deal every 2-4 days. As an equal alternative, an upper-lower split with a workout every other day (or up to 3-4 days between workouts - depending on volumes, loads, age, diet, etc).

wolfpacker27

The Veteran
agree with above. if ur goal is getting bigger ur gonna need more weight and less reps. also agree ud prob benefit from "bigger", more compound lifts. and that day 4 sucks balls

chacha15

rec chip
I'm not buying this ****. I feel like the young girl at the edge of the bed and you're about to lock the door and you have two drinks in your hands. move outta my way, im leaving

creative10

Banned User
I have bought out of the higher weight less reps for size. I have gone to super set drop sets and have noticed so much more in size and gains. Work ur muscles to failure with proper form, with weight u can handle and u will get amazing results.

grubd

Banned User
I have bought out of the higher weight less reps for size. I have gone to super set drop sets and have noticed so much more in size and gains. Work ur muscles to failure with proper form, with weight u can handle and u will get amazing results.

He isn't going for size. His stated goal was strength.

Jake 99

Living the dream!
If your goal is strength then you should be doing a squat, dead lift, bench and overhead press or thier variations. As in:

Monday - Squat (cause everyone else is benching) - 4-5 Sets in the 4-8 rep range. Ensure you are going to AT LEAST parallel.

Tuesday - Overhead press (preferably standing) same set/rep as above.

Thursday - Deadlift, same sets reps

Friday - bench (pick any one you want, except decline it's completly useless for strength gain in my opinion)

after your primary lift each day pick 2-3 accessory exercised and do them in the 6-8 rep range for 3 or 4 sets.

You should notice a change in strength after about 4-6 weeks. Keep in mind that the 4-8 rep range means increasing weight and maintaining good form.

Also, if you have the nerve 20 rep squats have done wonders for my strength but they suck BAD.

hrdchrgin13

Yes I want to put on some size, But right now I want to build my overall strength...

If that makes any sense

tap2284

Watching baseball somewhere
Yes I want to put on some size, But right now I want to build my overall strength...

If that makes any sense

Power - 3-5 sets, 2-5 reps
Strength - 3-4 sets, 5-8 reps
Hypertrophy (size) - 4 sets, 8-12 reps
Endurance - 3-4 sets, 12-20 reps

If you are a beginner in the gym, 4 sets per muscle group. If you have been in the gym a while, 8 sets per muscle group.

Easiest breakdown I could come up with.

wolfpacker27

The Veteran
If your goal is strength then you should be doing a squat, dead lift, bench and overhead press or thier variations. As in:

Monday - Squat (cause everyone else is benching) - 4-5 Sets in the 4-8 rep range. Ensure you are going to AT LEAST parallel.

Tuesday - Overhead press (preferably standing) same set/rep as above.

Thursday - Deadlift, same sets reps

Friday - bench (pick any one you want, except decline it's completly useless for strength gain in my opinion)

after your primary lift each day pick 2-3 accessory exercised and do them in the 6-8 rep range for 3 or 4 sets.

You should notice a change in strength after about 4-6 weeks. Keep in mind that the 4-8 rep range means increasing weight and maintaining good form.

Also, if you have the nerve 20 rep squats have done wonders for my strength but they suck BAD.

Listen to this guy! Just look at his Logs on here. Dude's a beast and super dedicated.

lOOkatme

Addicted to Softballfans
Your day 1 lifts will lead to shoulder tendonitis.

You should only be lifting benching (1) time a lifting session. that is it.