Nanotek question

mossman

That's how we dooze it!
Just received the Nanotek on the left and noticed it's more silver than the one on right. Nanotek SP was only made the one year correct?

Fatt_Tony_13

Fatt boy on a diet...
Pretty sure there was a couple years worth of them. If I am thinking correctly there was the original, and then there was an alpha and an omega. One was endloaded the other was not. Im not sure which was which though sadly.

mossman

That's how we dooze it!
Pretty sure there was a couple years worth of them. If I am thinking correctly there was the original, and then there was an alpha and an omega. One was endloaded the other was not. Im not sure which was which though sadly.

Ya these are neither the alpha or the omega. Both of these are 100% metal.

Joker

SP and SPA were made originally, then remade after denting issues, then the 2 piece design

i'd kinda like to get my hands on another original SPA to try it with the 52s

mossman

That's how we dooze it!
Since we started using the 52/300's 2 years ago(metal league), the gray one on the right produced my longest shot.

east bay j

The Polish Hammer
Here is a good old thread (somewhat related)
http://forums.softballfans.com/showthread.php?t=1090835

For the OG SP models (USSSA only), I did notice my 29oz does not have "singlewall" painted on it while my 28oz does. Both hit the same. I've had probably 10+ OG Nanos (SP & SPA) go thru my hands and the paint (at least on the taper/handle) was never exactly the same.
EBJ

Both OG Nano SP & SPA's hit the 52's really really really well.

mossman

That's how we dooze it!
Ok, thanks for the info so far.

The barrel colors are also different on mine. (metal flake silver vs. gray)

jaj23

Eye Baller
Ok, thanks for the info so far.

The barrel colors are also different on mine. (metal flake silver vs. gray)

Silver was made first, then gray. Not sure why there was a difference in paint, but I would say the gray one is less likely to dent.

There were also different endcaps (clear first then black).

If you see a silver barrel with a black cap, that's probably mid production (after the early denting issues were resolved). Gray with black cap is later production. Silver with clear cap is probably early production and may be more probe to denting.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
Silver was made first, then gray. Not sure why there was a difference in paint, but I would say the gray one is less likely to dent.

If you see a silver barrel with a black cap, that's probably mid production (after the early denting issues were resolved). Gray with black cap is later production. Silver with clear cap is probably early production and may be more probe to denting.

No dents in mine :D

tumblebug

My name is NEO!

This . . .