National Championship Official daytime thread that will become the night time thread

MP33

Addicted to Softballfans
I will admit, I was surprised last night, I thought it would have been a much better game, and that ND might pull out the upset. I am very happy with the result though :D.

I do think Bama vs Oregon would have been the better game, only 1 more year of the BCS then we at least get a 4 team playoff

dponder

Addicted to Softballfans
It's slightly less useless but a step in the right direction. 2 sec teams will be In the playoff. I would bet my house on it.

Agreed. Fla, UGA, TAM, 'Bama are the one's that come to mind. I don't think any of the others can make it high enough.

I'm still waiting for UK to be relevant. Maybe the new coach can get it headed in the right direction. It will be tough to compete with the other great teams in the south for the same talent.

stickin2j

Good clean family fun
Agreed. Fla, UGA, TAM, 'Bama are the one's that come to mind. I don't think any of the others can make it high enough.

I'm still waiting for UK to be relevant. Maybe the new coach can get it headed in the right direction. It will be tough to compete with the other great teams in the south for the same talent.

:confused:
I think LSU might have a chance.

MP33

Addicted to Softballfans

Hope you a patient person, and live a long time:D

dponder

Addicted to Softballfans
Hope you a patient person, and live a long time:D

yeah...thats going to be a really long wait.

I agree, it could be a long time. I think they are headed in the right direction with the new hire. My definition of relevence right now is to consistently be in the top 25. They will never be a national contender in football with their competition, but the expectation of a winning season sure would be swell.

ogsoftballplaye

Thought this was funny but I just read on Espn that they ought to make a Rudy 2. Featuring a starter from ND transferring to Bama and making it on the field for 1 play. Probably has been posted already but I still thought it was funny.

dponder

Addicted to Softballfans
Thought this was funny but I just read on Espn that they ought to make a Rudy 2. Featuring a starter from ND transferring to Bama and making it on the field for 1 play. Probably has been posted already but I still thought it was funny.

LOL, that's good.

stickin2j

Good clean family fun
I agree, it could be a long time. I think they are headed in the right direction with the new hire. My definition of relevence right now is to consistently be in the top 25. They will never be a national contender in football with their competition, but the expectation of a winning season sure would be swell.

Don't give up hope. I thought the same thing about A&M up until about halfway through this year.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Now that we've beaten Tennessee, I just want us to beat Florida. If they keep Muschamp it's only a matter of time.

CP15

Keep Right On !!!
Right now ND has the top recruiting class in the nation and what looks like a QB that is going to be a 4 year starter. It should be interesting in the next few years for them.

Alabama was just head and shoulders above everybody else this year. That running game is sick. I watched that SEC championship game and Georgia looked like little girls trying to stop that running game just like ND did last night. And I have a hard time believing Lacy is only 220 pounds. That kid looks all of 240. What a beast.

The SEC is going to dominate for a couple more years but I think everyone else is going to catch up.

Good post. Except I don't see Golson being a four year starter unless he grows by leaps and bounds next year. He can't read coverage and is very impatient.

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
ND is no better than a .500 team in the SEC. Ole Miss was the 7th best team in the SEC. They beat Pitt 38-17, a team that took ND to 3 OTs. This game is a joke. Year end and year out....The SEC Championship IS the National Championship PERIOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The playoff system will smash that myth. Particularly when it goes to more than 4 teams.

I doubt it. Missouri was a bottom tier SEC team this year. They played Bama with their less than stellar backup QB and put up a similar score to the national championship game. 42-10. Once playoffs start I bet the teams in the championship game will both be SEC teams. Love em or hate em it's the best conference in college football. This is the seventh consecutive year that the national champ has been a SEC team.

MP33

Addicted to Softballfans
I doubt it. Missouri was a bottom tier SEC team this year. They played Bama with their less than stellar backup QB and put up a similar score to the national championship game. 42-10. Once playoffs start I bet the teams in the championship game will both be SEC teams. Love em or hate em it's the best conference in college football. This is the seventh consecutive year that the national champ has been a SEC team.

Honestly, if 2 SEC teams make it into the final 4, I can see them somehow getting paired in the first round to prevent an all SEC title game. I think it will be tough to get 2 SEC teams into the final 4, unless you have like a Bama and LSU from 2011 deal, where both teams are arguably 2 of the best 4 in the country

thomas_z71

Addicted to Softballfans
Know what's funny..ATM wins the Big 12 this year, and then wins the NC....tell me I"m crazy. SEC huggers kept saying ATM woudl be at best 500....yup, that came true.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Know what's funny..ATM wins the Big 12 this year, and then wins the NC....tell me I"m crazy. SEC huggers kept saying ATM woudl be at best 500....yup, that came true.

Good point. The Big 12 Homers new how good Johnny Football was going to be. :rolleyes: If they don't have him they're lucky to make .500. The Big 12 is at Big East level right now.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Honestly, if 2 SEC teams make it into the final 4, I can see them somehow getting paired in the first round to prevent an all SEC title game. I think it will be tough to get 2 SEC teams into the final 4, unless you have like a Bama and LSU from 2011 deal, where both teams are arguably 2 of the best 4 in the country

I'm not sure. I think until the SEC's streak is broken you're right. Once that happens who knows? 5 of the top 10 teams in the Final AP poll are SEC teams. 6 of the top 10 teams in the last BCS standings were as well. It'll be tough to get 3 in the top 4 with the SEC Championship game, but I could them trying to set up an all SEC championship if it's like last year and that's far and away the best match up.

Pitcher#11

Addicted to Softballfans
I am a huge Notre Dame fan but must admit watching yesterdays game was very painful. Its no question that the SEC is the conference in football. Yes the PAC 10 has some great teams but stacked up against the SEC thats like having a bowl game every weekend. Congrats to Alabama for a great season.

Class........

Sonny

I heard somewhere 1 of the 6 BCS computers had ND winning the NC even after the game..

Roll Damn Tide