NBA playoffs

ntz

tricknollegy
Brando I'm not sure if you're trying to dip into the take well, but that's pretty ****ing rediculous to call curry one dimensional, shooter only.

it's the hate in my heart...maybe if he wouldn't have been the unanimous MVP i'd feel different but i don't...dude is a phenominal shooter but his defense is suspect, he turns the ball over a lot and he's soft...when his shot ain't fallin he ain't much else

ntz

tricknollegy
he was the MVP because he can do all those things. Russell Westbrook, John wall, and Rajon rondo, went 1-2-3 in most turn overs per game last year, are you going to **** on them too, saying they turn it over too much, what about Damian Lillard, he had as many turn overs as steph did.

he was MVP cause he was statistically the best player on the best team in the league...i don't care what he did compared to anyone other than LeBron...he was the unanimous MVP and it's ridiculous because LeBron was the MVP

Primo

fat and famous pablo
by definition, James is the mvp....

but throwing shade on a guy who dropped 400 3's, lead his team to a 73-9 record and re-defined how you can shoot a basketball is about as ridiculous as onefiver's continous jabs at trying to knock James down a peg.....

It's never been the actual "most valuable"......it's always been guy w/ the best season on one fo the best teams......he had one of the best offensive seasons in the history of the game....let it go

p.s. i hate curry....but damn

it's not hindsight, it was common sense...the Cav's possibly don't make the playoffs without LeBron, he had a great season and beat Curry in many of the categories that matter...GS is a seriously great team and deep as hell, they won just fine without Curry

it's not the fact that Curry was the MVP but the fact that he was unanimous, it's just ridiculous...like i admitted, it's my own hate causing me to be that way, but it's how i feel

but throwing shade on a guy who dropped 400 3's, lead his team to a 73-9 record and re-defined how you can shoot a basketball is about as ridiculous as onefiver's continous jabs at trying to knock James down a peg.....

It's never been the actual "most valuable"......it's always been guy w/ the best season on one fo the best teams......he had one of the best offensive seasons in the history of the game....let it go

you literally pointed out exactly what i said, he's a shooter...a phenominal one at that, but take away his shot and he doesn't offer a whole lot more

he wasn't good for most of the playoffs, if Thompson doesn't go nuts in game 6 vs okc the point is moot and if draymond doesn't go nuts in the first 3 quarters last night it's a 30 point blowout

ntz

tricknollegy
look I know 2+2=4, but I really feel that 2+2=5, so I'm going with 2+2=5, because it's how I feel

Primo

fat and famous pablo
you can't take away his shot though......

that's like saying "how good would James be if he wasn't 6'8 265"

who cares what if? it matters none.....

Green is not Green anywhere else......so what? he's isn't anywhere else....

you have what is and then theoretical crap which shouldn't matter

ntz

tricknollegy
he's got the best dribble in basketball, and can get to the rim at will. I don't think Brando has actually seen steph play outside the finals, for more than five min in a row

it does matter when his shots not falling that's the point, live by the 3, die by the 3

you're right, i didn't watch him all year, i only watched the last couple games in OKC and then the finals...in all of those games he was meh and those games were kind of important

ntz

tricknollegy
aaaaaaaaaand the MVP is a regular season award. so you're saying he didn't deserve to win the MVP despite not watching him play a regular season game. I just want to make certain we're on the same page

3XC

Big Truss

This is why parceling out year end superlatives into different awards makes sense. The NFL can give Brees or Peterson OPOY when they have superlative seasons on 7-9 teams, and give MVP to the guy who is actually the most valuable player.

I realize it is, as ntz put it, total hindsight to say James was the best MVP choice and Curry wasn't, but in terms of value, James is more valuable. Is the award "Most outstanding player" or "Most Valuable Player", because the Cavs were good with James, then he left and they were the worst team, literally the worst team in the NBA, then he came back and they went to back to back finals and won one of them. Its crazy how much of a one man team he really is.

Value =/= crazy statistical records. Its not the same at all. Maybe the voters had LeBron fatigue, I mean they gave Barkley an MVP just because they were tired of giving them to Jordan.

i don't need to watch the regular season to see that LeBron had a statistically better season other than scoring...the dude was the unanimous MVP and he wasn't the best player in the league, that's a fact

LngBallLvr

Addicted to Softballfans
Curry WAS deservedly reg season MVP. Lebron was finals and playoff MVP. Advantage Lebron.

It's like a kid trying to stare down his Dad. Lebron should have dropped Curry's trousers and gave him an over knee spanking.

Curry was over matched and they wore him down. However, you cannot disparage him for getting MVP when he led a record setting team in reg season.

lebron-curry-staredown-game6-2016finals-usatsi.jpg

3XC

Big Truss
Curry won the MVP because he was the best player on the best team and broke like 30 records at the time of MVP vote casting.

We should go back and give Madison Bumgarner the Cy Young because of how good he was in the World Series. That ain't how it works.

3XC

Big Truss
Also Curry played hurt for the whole postseason. Not making excuses, but he had a lower body injury that that absolutely impacts a dude who scores most of his points on ranged jump shots.

Primo

fat and famous pablo
Ntz, i wanna discuss Kyrie's handle vs. Curry's at some point....but that'll be later.

Curry won the MVP because he was the best player on the best team and broke like 30 records at the time of MVP vote casting.

that's exactly what i already said

We should go back and give Madison Bumgarner the Cy Young because of how good he was in the World Series. That ain't how it works.

and i'm not saying that, but the fact that curry was a unanimous vote over LeBron is absurd...i'll agree that it would make sense to have outstanding player awards as well as MVP so it's actually for the MVP

Also Curry played hurt for the whole postseason. Not making excuses, but he had a lower body injury that that absolutely impacts a dude who scores most of his points on ranged jump shots.

that's the very definition of an excuse

Primo

fat and famous pablo
So does James go get a legit 3 now?

they were at their best when he was at the 4 and jefferson played the 3....and he's retiring and Love is probably on his way out.....

Love was pretty damn good regardless of stats but i dont think he's worth the money and he still doesn't "fit"....

and this loss is just enough for State to think they need to change things up....when it's dumb to mess with it. I think they lost because they went for 73....they coast more next year and save their legs and i expect them to win next year....minus the OKC thing again.

I bet they do something dumb and **** up the chemistry and go sign a star who ruins it......

James needs to get a legit 3 if they want to win another title next year, i agree that Love really doesn't fit, he seems like an outsider

i can't imagine GS messing with their formula, the team is nasty and i think i read that they are pretty solid on cap management right now...Iggy is getting a little older but i think the rest of the team is fairly young

3XC

Big Truss
GS is the hands down favorite to win next year, they were the hands down favorite this year too. They'll continue to be the prohibitive favorite until something changes. The way they play exhausts and deflates their opponents. They go on runs that gut the other team. Its one thing to go on a 15-0 run, its another thing to go on a 15-0 in 5 possessions and 3 minutes of game clock.

I think that Primo is correct. No stat chasing, no record book chasing, but rather a singleminded, Spurs-like focus on hardware. And Curry has to stay healthy, obviously.

Primo

fat and famous pablo
i seriously can't get over how good state is.....

think about that ****. all the playoff teams just basically cruise the 2nd half of the season.....they dont care, they can cake walk into the playoffs w/ more than half the teams making it. State is over here chasing history...the mental grind alone would wreck some teams....let alone the physical aspect. Then they come back down 1-3 against OKC who'd just punched them in the mouth in one of the greatest comebacks of all time and THEN have the moxy to keep up their focus only to lose to maybe the greatest player ever in 7.......

i think it's the greatest season i ever saw......i realize they didn't win the ship but i dont care.....it's absolutely absurd to accomplish so much and still be able to stay up......

on the flip side....Cleveland changing coaches, injuries, new players, new style, down 1-3 to the same team i just talked about is probably more impressvie....

maybe the great nba season we'll ever see.....start to finish

3XC

Big Truss
And yet the Finals were lopsided, only one game was really dramatic, the one that mattered.

Onefiver

Addicted to Softballfans
It will be interesting to see what Durant does. They took GS to game 7 but can OKC beat GS and CLE next year? Doubtful.

I don't think GS needs him to get there again and possibly win but for Durant it has to be an attractive place - moreso now than had GS won.

Mike Bradley

Addicted to Softballfans
golden state needs a interior post guy that can get a bucket and defend. marc gasol type would be a really nice piece to that squad.