NC Softball talk...

JJF13

Addicted to Softballfans
Oh we were playing in the championship game for NSA D Worlds in Columbia and they kept calling a guy there Country. Everytime I heard it I thought of you. That's why I asked.

JJF13

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks. First two games we hit like crap. Lost the 2nd game (I can't remember who they were), but their next game they were beating the team that beat us in the championship by 15 when the other team decided to protest the teams roster. Something about only being able to pick up 2 players after a certain date and the team had picked up 4. So they thrown out. Alot of drama. That put our 3rd game behind, but played back to back until the championship game.

In all honesty we would have beaten them 9 out of 10 times we played them. 99 degree heat not counting humidity, back to back games (4 I think if I remember right before the final championship game), and a few people getting cramps, we just couldn't hang with them the last game.

3-1 when they came up to bat at the top of the 3rd. 19-1 by the time they finished the top of the 3rd. Top of 4th it was 19-14. They didn't score and what should have been a break out inning for us resulted in 1 run. Our OF'er tried to catch a homerun and his head bounced off the light pole and the ball stayed in. Cleared the bases except the batter which stopped at 2nd and called time. Of course his team was yelling at the ump for calling time, and he told them your own player asked. So that guy was getting chewed out. They finally had another big inning. We kept creeping up finally we need 1 run to stay in the game and he was on 3rd and the LF made a good play on a nice legit basehit for an out.

I will take 2 out of 12. We will be headed down to Panama City Beach for WSL worlds, hopefully we will do good. I will hate to spend all this money and stuff to get double dipped. Are you guys going down?

JJF13

Addicted to Softballfans
i saw eagle paint went undefeated and won it...howd yall do?

Bwhahahahahahaha 0-2. Horrible, horrible weekend. We had Eagle Paint our first game and lost to a horrible team the 2nd game because of ending inning homeruns. Bad umps, short fields (looked about 285 to center), and not hitting good hurt bad. Scored 15 runs in 2 games. I was pissed.

Eagle Paint beat the breaks off of us. Had a couple of teams watching said they had a guy that played in the A last year and one that played in the Majors a couple of years ago. The umps though. Any close call they would have to converse with each other to determine a ruling. Neither ump knew the mercy rule. Ep hit 2 homeruns then we hit one the ump tried to say it was backwards then just said we will just say everyone hit one homerun and both teams have 2 left.

Balls and strikes were ridiculous and was confirmed by both ptchers that strikes were really balls and vice versa. A close call at 1st and the ump singled safe, yelled safe. Then about a second to second and a half later yelled out.

The only bad part of the game was when our 5th infielder scopped the ball ran toward the runner coming off first. The runner had his arms crossed at his chest. The fielder went to tag him, had his arms stretched out, stuck his hand in his glove to get the ball out to throw it and the runner raised his arm up and elbowed the fielder under the chin. Of course there was some arguing. The runner was saying he was defending himself as he was getting pushed :rolleyes:. Never said he didn't raise his arms. The umpires meet. Of course someone is asking for a ruling and they said the ruling is what we decide. Had one guy almost ejected the whole tournament the other was ejected from the game but he was just keeping the score book. They ruled that it wasn't interference as the runner never touched the ball. Someone said something to the director who was watching and said it was bad and they wouldn't be back on Saturday.

2nd game playing a team from Pittsburg I believe. 20ft arch strikes that were landing at the catcher. chest high balls that were dropping behind the plate. The team from Pitts. said their 1st game the ump apologized before hand for not knowing most of the rules and told them he would do the best he could since he was still learning, plus it was his first time umping a worlds.

Due to rain games were pushed back 4 hrs. So it went to 5 innings instead of 7. We are winning 10-8 top of 4. We come up to bat in bottom of 4th as home team. 1st or 2nd batter homerun to end the inning with 0 outs. End of 5th tied at 10. Top of 6 it was 12 to 10 them. 1 out a guy on first and another homerun to end the inning.

So yeah we did great...lol

Junior00

Starting Player
PCB This coming weekend....

Anyone know where to find a list of teams that will be in PCB this coming weekend??? thanks in advance

JJF13

Addicted to Softballfans
Keep checking the wsl website. I know before our weekend they finally put a name of the teams and the division.

Junior00

Starting Player
Thanks. Would be nice to see who is going. Also curious as to why they are having two world tournaments for the same divisions two weekends in a row?? Why not combine them and have one big world tourney?

Rogue9

Man of Mayhem
*** Sports won the USSSA "D" Worlds this weekend.

E&J/C&M/Elite finished 5th at worlds.

Looks like the USSSA "C" division just got two teams stronger for next year!

Country35

Banned User
*** Sports won the USSSA "D" Worlds this weekend.

E&J/C&M/Elite finished 5th at worlds.

Looks like the USSSA "C" division just got two teams stronger for next year!

if only that's how it actaully worked lol. More like ISA and NSA have a really tough D team to worry about now

JJF13

Addicted to Softballfans
Decided to play in the NSA "B" Worlds for giggles. Some of the team couldn't go due to various reasons. Ended up finishing 2nd. Which really makes me laugh as we finished 2nd in D also.

LKGRenegade22

I Be Hitting It
*** said they are going to play C. I hope so. E&J/C&M probably won't. The few players I saw on their team earlier this year have been career D players for as long as I have been playing. I hope they move up too but I have a feeling they will pull a Nelson & Nelson and split up to play D again.

It would be really nice to have a strong C division again with 10+ teams next year.

basehittingT

Addicted to Softballfans
Make E in USSSA play by the national rule in every tournament would help. I dont think a lot of teams like a hr being an offensive ejection.

Rogue9

Man of Mayhem
Agreed. I have a bad feeling "D" is going like C next year at least in utrip. Only 12 teams at state this year an two will be auto bumped. They need to make more E teams play up

Country35

Banned User
Make E in USSSA play by the national rule in every tournament would help. I dont think a lot of teams like a hr being an offensive ejection.

We play by national rules in E up here 90% of the time, still have 20 E and 4 D teams every weekend.

Agreed. I have a bad feeling "D" is going like C next year at least in utrip. Only 12 teams at state this year an two will be auto bumped. They need to make more E teams play up

Get rid of rec and set mandatory bump protocols and poof its cut and dry....win 2 tourneys in a year, bumped, winning % over .700 bumped, NIT states nats or worlds win bumped lol

basehittingT

Addicted to Softballfans
We could always try this, if you place top 5 in any 2 E tourneys that have 10+ teams in them then you have to play D for 2 tournaments.

VanSin23

NC Freedom Sports
The rec should be for league teams that just want to play a few tournaments until they get some experience then be moved to E. I feel like that is what E should be but unless all the states agree on this it will never happen.