ND Softball: Drain the Swamp Thread

WreckND

MMB kicked off the Beer Bash season, and even though I was only able to attend for a short time I heard it was a great success. Up next on the Beer Bash Tour is The Box at The Box this Saturday followed by New Fargo Super Team on the 30th and last but certainly not least DMVW ends The Box Beer bash's on April 6th. Please come out and talk/hang out with the softball community since by the looks of it we wont be playing any softball in April.

Besides The Box Beer Bash's I have heard of a Bar 9 and Barcode beer bash in April just not sure of the exact dates. Also The former Wild Rice now Big Erv's Team will host their annual Pig Roast in May (not sure of the exact date on that).

Since ND weather is being a real C*nt right now and the April Early Birds look to be in Jeopardy, who is making the trip to Corky's this year?
You know, it's a good feeling knowing we dont pimp ourselves out to get people to pay for softball. Bunch of Bernie voting sons of guns.......

joeybats19

Who is better?

3X or Heartland?

What we do know is that Heartland had the balls to travel up “North” to Grand Forks July Classic and test themselves ...while 3X refuses to travel outside their comfort zone, until 3X enters the July Classic, I think we all know “Heartland” will forever be America’s team.

I'll bite, do you mean the July Classic that drew 6 C/D teams total last year?? Not really appealing or even an option for a team that can't play C.

Thanks though.

rock2131

Extra Hitter
Has anyone in Fargo been up North and had a look at the fields?

Any chance the Fargo Early Bird on the 27th happens?

Also great turn out for all the Beer Bash's at The Box. It was a marathon with there being a bash 4 Saturdays in a row, but great times with the softball community, friends, and family.

FYI beer bash this Saturday at Bar Nine if anyone is in town over the holiday weekend, and a pig roast out at Big Erv's May 11th.

Good Luck to all that will be at Corky's in just over two weeks, hopefully us ND folk can get out and take some live cuts before then.

Cheers.

BigCat2310

Extra Hitter
Has anyone in Fargo been up North and had a look at the fields?

Any chance the Fargo Early Bird on the 27th happens?

Also great turn out for all the Beer Bash's at The Box. It was a marathon with there being a bash 4 Saturdays in a row, but great times with the softball community, friends, and family.

FYI beer bash this Saturday at Bar Nine if anyone is in town over the holiday weekend, and a pig roast out at Big Erv's May 11th.

Good Luck to all that will be at Corky's in just over two weeks, hopefully us ND folk can get out and take some live cuts before then.

Cheers.

After this last storm I would be surprised if the early bird happens in the 27th, but I'm holding out hope.

Bormann9

May 4th - Corky's - I was there last year (Mandan) and it was a good turnout I thought. I'll miss Mandan this year - Heartland, Eide and ****son Law also at Corkys so that could affect the turnout as most of those teams played in Mandan last year.

The 27th tourney in Fargo will happen as long as there isn't more snow next week. It will be 70 degrees this Saturday - that should do it.

rock2131

Extra Hitter
May 4th - Corky's - I was there last year (Mandan) and it was a good turnout I thought. I'll miss Mandan this year - Heartland, Eide and ****son Law also at Corkys so that could affect the turnout as most of those teams played in Mandan last year.

The 27th tourney in Fargo will happen as long as there isn't more snow next week. It will be 70 degrees this Saturday - that should do it.

Bormann has spoken, GAME ON!

Did I see correctly, 4 teams in the upper division for this coming saturday in Fargo? I believe it was Heartland, MMB, 3x, and Pink it? Where are all the C teams at? Or did the 3 game guarantee keep the grandforks/biz teams from making the trip? How about the ND C state champs????

bstark28

Starting Player
Did I see correctly, 4 teams in the upper division for this coming saturday in Fargo? I believe it was Heartland, MMB, 3x, and Pink it? Where are all the C teams at? Or did the 3 game guarantee keep the grandforks/biz teams from making the trip? How about the ND C state champs????

I think we've maybe played in one Early Bird in the time our squad has been together and that was in Moorhead, three - four years ago. Just something we've never done.

Nd c state champs are playing in mn this wknd.. well 3 of them , not the good ones. I think they take book for qc.

Three of the best book takers in the biz, I can vouch for that.

mikepeterson

Or maybe
1. Heartland(A)
2. Quality Concrete(C)
3. MMB(C)
4. DMVW(D)
5. Pink It(D)
6.Box/Anarchy/3X(B)

hmmm. I am not a proponent of in season bumps.....maybe we will let it play out a bit.;)

MMBfanboy

Will the inclusion of foreigners on the Box roster be their demise? Anarchy has always been known for exaltation BP sessions, but have always been know to flop in game situations. Kinda like my preMMBfanboy existence. #mcneilussteel #buildthewall

Last edited:

rock2131

Extra Hitter
DMVW also picked up one of the First Class refugees.

Corral Bar actually fold or just rebuilding?

Grand Forks First Class Mortgage folded, much respect to Corral Bar (if they folded) and First Class Mortgage out of Grand Forks .

First Class always considered one of Grand Forks top teams trying to represent - had some big wins over the years and had a pretty damn amazing run last year at D Nationals to bring the curtain down and call it a wrap.

Some of their players went to Wild Bills, some to RMI, some to the Hashers ....no matter the case a big hole will be missing in Grand Forks Softball now that First Class is no more.

Thanks for all the battles First Class!

giphy.gif

19944666_1370482759667841_1468307493931007557_o.jpg

New board rule...no bad mouthing GF anymore, it offends Chimney.

Where is the chatter from the Monsta May Earlybird? The Pink It team shocks the world and takes down the town favorite! MMB lays an egg getting dumped by them and ten ran by DMVW! Upper ball in ND is wild, it is literally anyone's game! Does anyone know what the payout was to the top field this weekend?

How did the Rec's shake out?......jk "drain the swamp"

NDshotokan

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
GF sucks.

I also heard there were some changes to the pay outs throughout the day.

The rec winner got paid. *shrugs*

Jim_Chimney

GF sucks.

I also heard there were some changes to the pay outs throughout the day.

The rec winner got paid. *shrugs*

Since you just haaaaaad to say "GF sucks," I'll point out the hilariously pathetic fact that you've averaged nearly 2.5 posts PER DAY since joining the forum in May of 2010. I know, I know.. a lot of the has-been Class players from Fargo/Biz post fairly constantly as well, but for a career Rec-player.. you actually maaaaay have set the forum record~

#congratsjohnnys #rec4life

NDshotokan

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Since you just haaaaaad to say "GF sucks," I'll point out the hilariously pathetic fact that you've averaged nearly 2.5 posts PER DAY since joining the forum in May of 2010. I know, I know.. a lot of the has-been Class players from Fargo/Biz post fairly constantly as well, but for a career Rec-player.. you actually maaaaay have set the forum record~

#congratsjohnnys #rec4life

I give you a 3/10. The effort was obvious, if not over the top. The execution was sad though and the content was recycled garbage. Come up with something new that I can actually enjoy.

Who is better?

3X or Heartland?

What we do know is that Heartland had the balls to travel up “North” to Grand Forks July Classic and test themselves ...while 3X refuses to travel outside their comfort zone, until 3X enters the July Classic, I think we all know “Heartland” will forever be America’s team.

Here you go bro. These should help you out. You're welcome in advance.

Some local psychiatrists for you:

Kondal Madaram 701-780-5000
Thomas Peterson 701-732-2500
Anita Bansal 701-780-6697
Rose Julius 701-780-5000

Psychosis can be managed. Please get some help. Somebody somewhere cares about you. Maybe.

Jim_Chimney

I give you a 3/10. The effort was obvious, if not over the top. The execution was sad though and the content was recycled garbage. Come up with something new that I can actually enjoy.

"The effort was obvious, if not over the top."

lol, perfect quote. That's exactly what any good team says about you after you leave a conversation that nobody asks you to join.

Although somebody usually adds, "who the fk was that random douche?!" -- to which someone typically replies, "ohhh, just an obsequious Rec-master who wants to make some friends.." :cool:

8/10