Need help – end cap came out of white steel, what do you do?

First, this is legit and I’m not trying to sell bat so don’t ask. I also tried a search but couldn’t find an answer, I only found about 1,000 bats for sale. Here’s the deal, I missed last week’s games and was told yesterday our white steel broke, got bat today and it looks fine so asked was it just the end cap that came out and was told yes, and they shoved it back in so bat looks OK. I’ve never done a bat return before so here are my questions and I’m very grateful for any help.

1. - Can the bat be returned to have the end cap fixed or does the end cap coming out not count as being broken (sorry, it’s never happened before so it might be common knowledge on here but not to me). If it can’t be returned will it affect performance and what is best to use to glue the end cap back in? (I don’t doctor bats – this is a legit question about a legal bat)

2. – If I can return it, I have a receipt but it’s just past one year as I bought the bat in April 2010? Am I SOL because it’s technically a little over 1 year or will they still take it? (I’m not looking for a receipt so don’t offer, I’m legit about all this and just trying to get some advice on what to do.)

Thanks!

SESC1001

FSU Nation
First, this is legit and I’m not trying to sell bat so don’t ask. I also tried a search but couldn’t find an answer, I only found about 1,000 bats for sale. Here’s the deal, I missed last week’s games and was told yesterday our white steel broke, got bat today and it looks fine so asked was it just the end cap that came out and was told yes, and they shoved it back in so bat looks OK. I’ve never done a bat return before so here are my questions and I’m very grateful for any help.

1. - Can the bat be returned to have the end cap fixed or does the end cap coming out not count as being broken (sorry, it’s never happened before so it might be common knowledge on here but not to me). If it can’t be returned will it affect performance and what is best to use to glue the end cap back in? (I don’t doctor bats – this is a legit question about a legal bat)

2. – If I can return it, I have a receipt but it’s just past one year as I bought the bat in April 2010? Am I SOL because it’s technically a little over 1 year or will they still take it? (I’m not looking for a receipt so don’t offer, I’m legit about all this and just trying to get some advice on what to do.)

Thanks!

Call Demarini customer service first off. If it just the end cap with problem, I would send it to Demarini to fix it. Demarini customer is gtg so explain it to them and go from there.

SUITSS06

Addicted to Softballfans
probably gonna cost like $40, that is what people were paying to fix foam rattles so I guess it will cost the same.

bat monger

Combat Advisory staff
You can do it yourself and save the money. Check out the noob guide in the stickies section of the combat forum. Explains everything there.

coon2469

Ballz Deep
If you decide to do it yourself, I recommend the 3m Marine Adhesive. It's the only thing that worked on my catalyst (tried everything) and I just used it to fix a J2, but haven't taken it out to test yet.

Call demarini i had a asa rd28 that cap fell off i didnt have a reciept i called they said it was free to put a cap on even though no recoept

TomicSquad13

Addicted to Softballfans
I’ve sent three in with varying results. Two of them they took care of no problem and it didn't cost me a return. In fact my only cost was shipping it to them. The third one they said was unfixable because the foam shifted so they just sent it back. We ended up putting that one back together ourselves with shoe-goo believe it or not. It has a little flex so it won’t get brittle when it dries (like the gorilla glue we tried first). On all of the returns I called them instead of using the on-line return function and they were cool. The last one I sent in was over a year ago so they may have changed their policy. Best of luck.

chacha15

rec chip
I`m pretty sure you can send it in and Demarini will fix it. About the only thing wrong with that bat is the endcap issues.

Will B

DeMarini Nation
Call Demarini customer service first off. If it just the end cap with problem, I would send it to Demarini to fix it. Demarini customer is gtg so explain it to them and go from there.

More than likely they will replace the endcap for you. Just be polite and they will take care of you.
probably gonna cost like $40, that is what people were paying to fix foam rattles so I guess it will cost the same.

Wrong, it will cost you shipping and thats it.

You can do it yourself and save the money. Check out the noob guide in the stickies section of the combat forum. Explains everything there.

Don't do this, it will void any chance of DeMarini fixing it for you.

I just sent back a 2008 Black Steel for the same issue and it took about 10 days, but they fixed the bat and got it bck to me pretty quickly. TOP NOTCH customer service department here.

I finally got around to calling them and they said even though it’s been a little over a year to send it in since it’s the newer model and they typically will fix endcap issues. I’ll update if anything changes, but this is my first bat return and I’m impressed with DeMarini customer service so far as they easily could have told me no since it was past the one year warranty.