Need some opinions from you ASA bombers

SESC1001

FSU Nation
Playing in a charity United Way tournament next month. We have to supply our own balls 12" 44/375. I have always had a preference for Dudley Thunder Advance....I see Evil now has EVIL XT ball that would work. Question is, which ball is the best available that guys have played with or against. By the way, we are able to use utrip bats for this tournament with ASA stamp. I will probably swing an SCX22 28oz with 700 swings on it.

Captain10

E skills playing D Ball
I think the thunder advance is the best 44 375 ball ever made. Those things are freaking rocks.

RalphG427

On the bench
Do the balls have to have the ASA stamp on them? If not there are plenty of really good multi-layer balls out there that are non association including the thunder advance. If they have to have the stamp the T/A's will be hard to find and will cost you a ton of $ and I would recommend just using a high quality ball like Tattoo, Evil or Dudley ZN or Thunder Heat.

SESC1001

FSU Nation
Do the balls have to have the ASA stamp on them? If not there are plenty of really good multi-layer balls out there that are non association including the thunder advance. If they have to have the stamp the T/A's will be hard to find and will cost you a ton of $ and I would recommend just using a high quality ball like Tattoo, Evil or Dudley ZN or Thunder Heat.

Yes, at this point they do have to have the ASA stamp. Found some Dudley Thunder SW for a good price but wanted some feedback before buying.

Ferrari1

Addicted to Softballfans
trump stote leather cover...by far the best ball hands down! any place we go that we need to supply our own i always buy these...deff worth the price also

dponder

Addicted to Softballfans
Trump Stote is a great option. I've never hit an Evil ASA 44/375 but everything else they make is great so I wouldn't hesitate to get these either.

Atiyeh

BP Hero
Evil makes a great ball. You better put a ton of swings on that SCX22 before then. It's a log now and will be until about 2k swings...you are better off just using a normal ASA bat instead of the SCX22.

AJ22

Super Moderator
WHITE TA's ..

After that, close but not as good is the YELLOW TA's, YELLOW TRUMP's and the EVIL's ... we are talking about 15' in distance difference and the WHITE TA's definitely get thru the infield much quicker.

mattgame

Manager
WHITE TA's ..

After that, close but not as good is the YELLOW TA's, YELLOW TRUMP's and the EVIL's ... we are talking about 15' in distance difference and the WHITE TA's definitely get thru the infield much quicker.

How much do these go for?

SESC1001

FSU Nation
I had great luck with the TA'S a few years ago. So far only finding the yellow TA'S still looking for white.

Coonass

Addicted to Softballfans
Every tournament I've played in the last 5 years we had to hit safety yellow balls, I don't know there was still the option to hit yellow balls.

HrBump13

Addicted to Softballfans
We hit the EVIL H.O.T. ASA balls this past season in league & in tourneys & they are really good balls.

dgambill85

Banned User
I have to agree with the evil balls. Buggs makes a damn good product and his customer service is unmatched. Shoot him a pm for the best deals.

SESC1001

FSU Nation
How do you get to swing a Syn2 in an ASA tourney?

This is not a ASA sanction tournament. Because it is charity, they just use the guidelines by ASA. We can swing any bat with the ASA stamp on it, no matter how old. The past couple of years they supplied the balls they purchased from SA or DSG. This year we can provide our own balls.

SESC1001

FSU Nation
TA's X-rocks or Evils. Pick the ones you can get the cheapest.

I decided to give the Evil's XT a shot....Guess I will see how good evil's product is..........I was offered TA's (white) on here but not paying 120 for a dozen shipped....

Addicted to Softballfans
If I could find one, I'd try a 28oz og Freak, Voltage, or Synergy 2. If I couldn't find one, I'd be good to go with my RD28, Juggernaut, or teammate's MAY98. Sounds like a fun tournament though.