New Bats

Steve Butler

Addicted to Softballfans
I picked these up for 119.00 delivered. Which one should I break in 1st? Whats the scoop on distance and durability on these?

IMG_3347_zpsnwvcfeiz.jpeg

Last edited:

BruceinGa

always online
Best deal around. I do't know about the durability but it's much better than buying an ASA bat for bp.
Hope you've been doing well!

TexasTransplant

Addicted to Softballfans
I picked these up for 119.00 delivered. Which one should I break in 1st? Whats the scoop on distance and durability on these?

IMG_3347_zpsnwvcfeiz.jpeg
I've used the Hyper Z as a gamer of and on for the last year. To me, it seems to be the hottest thing in my bag, including a couple of Dudley's. I addition to game use, it has several hundred, maybe a thousand, BP swings using Stadium balls. So for me, it's been very durable.

I hit a prototype of the Hyper Z a couple thousand times (again with Stadium balls) before it finally gave up.

Now I am 70 and definitely not a big hitter. My friend Doc Clay (RIP) said "Jim, the way you hit, don't worry about breaking bats!"

All that being said, it has a reputation as being somewhat fragile.

Last edited:

lefty tn

2014 65M World Champs SSUSA Vegas
The swing on the Hyper Z and the One are to different animals. I have a 28oz Z with 250 swings and
it gets just as much distance as any bat in my bag. Just got the 28oz One and to me it feels better than
the Z when I swing it. I guess it's what feels good for you.

lewbo

Starting Player
Lot of folks do not like the Hyper Z, but for me it is one of the top bats in my bag. When they first came out not much to them, but now the ones I have are very hot. I got some from the same place and I liked them so much order some more. You will be happy with the Z. The One I have not swung, but a couple guys one my team like them and use them as their game bat.

bigcat21

THE OFFICIAL SBF SALSERO
At 1st... favorable durability goes to the Z..., and the Demar has good pop, but not that durable... depending on the type of hitter...

OhtoNC1

Part Time Player
You won't be sorry it's very hot right out of the package. I can't imagine it getting any hotter.