New gimmick stick

bruiser

Co-ed Rec league bat boy
I'm sure it will sell but I expect it to get banned once half drunk guys start changing out parts, they fly off, and someone gets hurt

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
Nothing like a Torq or the 17th first ever 3pc bat IMO. It's probably a little crude in flexibility of weight offerings but it has serious potential for development & I could see competitors bringing similar products.

Seeing Helmer talk about a spinny handle keep his hands in the zone longer while he's using an overlap grip is comical. Check out the chineaston section for all the posts of how to best lock up the spinny bandle. LS desperately trying to duplicate their early Z success by giving old designs new names is hard up.

I like the thought of being able to adjust swing weight for a multitude of reasons, I'm curious to know more about the current offering & see what it may develop into.

Joker

offer me a choice in handles and barrels, then lets talk

this is just a piggy back on the custom ones, its nothing game changing

mnballer

Addicted to Softballfans
offer me a choice in handles and barrels, then lets talk

this is just a piggy back on the custom ones, its nothing game changing

try monsta if you want some different choices on handles , barrels and end loaded or not...
:p:p:p:p:p

sorry i thought it was funny

bruiser

Co-ed Rec league bat boy
I do like how monsta will change the weight and ballance point of your bat. If others would start this it would be a lot easier to find a used bat

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
Isn't the whole problem with Monsta the owner's attitude? Never thought it was about his actual product.

mnballer

Addicted to Softballfans
i know joker hates monsta... thats why i said it... i like monsta but still have a cpl D's in my bag, but the dna is my bat of choice

EA Sports

Addicted to Softballfans
I tried preordering it but Demarini isn't allowing preorders. At least the customer service rep I spoke to said so. And he also didn't know of a release date for it.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
Jokes aside! Interesting concept...I wonder if there are going to be problems with flying parts...I would def wanna try one out...

With all the threads on those allen screws I imagine it would be noticeably loose before coming apart. I could see other companies following suit, interested to see what this could turn into.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
How expensive were extra barrels for the MXB and didn't they have trouble staying together? Also thought they took a long time to break in, then having to break in each barrel, would definitely affect the immediate hype train. This seems similar but a more refined approach, there's still a lot of room for advancement within this idea.

Joker

this bat is not expensive and the spec1s/tru ones don't take long to break in?

if i remember right the barrels were cheap, the handles were expensive

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
I wouldn't pay full price for one and I don't think the One's take long to break in, even if you do think they take long, it's still only 1 barrel to break in, not 3-4. I never knew about the MXB's until they were in the past so I'm just speculating on them, don't have any experience with them.