New gimmick stick

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
I've seen some be hot as hell in the right hands

I was going to comment but let it go. True One is gas IMO, I do much better with the True One than I ever have with any of the Flipper variants. But that's just me too. If it wasn't for the Future I'd happily swing the True One or a Miken 2pc.

Rega17

'MERICA
I was going to comment but let it go. True One is gas IMO, I do much better with the True One than I ever have with any of the Flipper variants. But that's just me too. If it wasn't for the Future I'd happily swing the True One or a Miken 2pc.

Sold a broken in true one to a local league team. They like it so much more than their other Asa only bats they call it Excalibur. Break em in and they're on part with other bats I've swung.

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
its an old concept, the MXB was a flop

imo, that was an issue with delivery. there's no point in having a bat with 'two weights' if it cost more than two bats...

if they can get this 'technology' into bats that feel, perform, and cost the same as bats without it(like the adjustable golf drivers) then i find it hard to find a reason to avoid it. and it certainly would be interesting to be able to drop an oz when needed. but what would be REALLY compelling, is if they offered 'between weights' instead. there's been a few times i've swung a bat and the 28oz was too heavy, but the 27oz was too light. a system like this might make that bat an option for me. after all, i think most of us can agree that finding a bat that fits our swing is most important. and offering a bat with extreme customization of its swing weight is the best way to do that.

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
this bat is not expensive and the spec1s/tru ones don't take long to break in?

if i remember right the barrels were cheap, the handles were expensive

my recollection was that the 'kit' that came with one handle and two barrels was about 600bux, and barrels were around 200 a pop... i didn't even think you could buy the handle separately.

Donger73

Addicted to Softballfans
Good luck getting someone to pay $350 for a way less durable bat.

Who at DeMarini died and let you price it at $350?....I'd still buy one lol

my recollection was that the 'kit' that came with one handle and two barrels was about 600bux, and barrels were around 200 a pop...

Truf, 1 handle and 2 barrels for $600. I think they even threw in the katana carrying looking backpack too

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
imo, that was an issue with delivery. there's no point in having a bat with 'two weights' if it cost more than two bats...

if they can get this 'technology' into bats that feel, perform, and cost the same as bats without it(like the adjustable golf drivers) then i find it hard to find a reason to avoid it. and it certainly would be interesting to be able to drop an oz when needed. but what would be REALLY compelling, is if they offered 'between weights' instead. there's been a few times i've swung a bat and the 28oz was too heavy, but the 27oz was too light. a system like this might make that bat an option for me. after all, i think most of us can agree that finding a bat that fits our swing is most important. and offering a bat with extreme customization of its swing weight is the best way to do that.

This is what I'm talking about, the Demarini system is much closer to a very useable system, at a more affordable price tag, and you only have one barrel to break in that doesn't take all that long.

Joker

"game changer" was the mxb, this is more of bat to fit a niche in the market no one really asked for. since it is demarini, the fan boys will drool over it cause only 750 are being made. it will be hotter than every other bat out there according to all the reviews

bruiser

Co-ed Rec league bat boy
I think it would be ideal for sports stores to use as demos. Would let people try a bunch of different combos and then choose their bat accordingly

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
I hope the hype gets rolling & they sell out quickly so they continue to advance & perfect this idea, if another manufacture decides to jump in then we'll probably see a lot of cool things head our way in the future.

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
350 is certainly a more enticing price point. still more than i want to pay for a bat though.

i do hope to see this concept applied to more bats and by more manufacturers. it really is something special when you find that bat that has the perfect balance and perfect weight and just feels awesome in your hands. it's equally frustrating when that bat is asa only, and you need a usssa stamp bat and the utrip version is way more endloaded... i've probably gotten rid of 2 dozen bats because they weren't the 'right' weight and balance for me. it would be really nice if that part of the equation was no longer an issue. if all bats could be made to the right balance and weight, and all i had left was stiffness/flex. i might actually buy a new bat if it had this. in all honesty, without something like that, or another new stamp, i've lost interest in buying anything new.

Jusrah99

Outstanding Bad Mudasuka!

i wanna try a 12" flipper...hell...I wanna swing all the new ****!!! Lol

vlcmstnaz

volcom stone az
Personally, I like this idea! I think they should offer this on ALL their bats. I'd love to tweak the weighting of my AM or Juggy. I'd pay extra for that. I think it's a great idea (no matter how much Joker dislikes it).

Joker

ASA doesn't allow this kind of thing, so it would never happen on any ASA bat under the current standards. no matter how much extra you would pay

bird25

34/30 Club #25
i don't see the need to tweak a bat within a 1 ounce range

I was hoping it had all the weights between 26-30.

Of course if it actually weighs 30 with the 30 oz weight it would be the first demar in a long time that did.:(

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
i don't see the need to tweak a bat within a 1 ounce range

imo, i'd rather have a single bat that i could PERFECT the swing weight on, then have a closet full of bats and HOPE one of them felt right.

this is the next best thing(in theory) to getting a bat 'fitted' to your swing.

in that sense it reminds me a bit of golf, and how you'll get way better results with a 400 dollar set of clubs fitted to your swing then you'll get with 4000 dollar clubs that aren't.

as soon as performance is restricted(that's what the stamps are for), then the only way to increase performance is to fit the equipment to the user. THIS is a step in that direction.

so, imo, if you aren't interested in this, you probably shouldn't be buying any new bat until they change the standards

now if you're specifically talking about this MODEL, and not the concept, then i tend to agree. it's not quite enough to get excited about. i'd like to see more weighting options. even the hockey sticks that came with this kind of technology gave you a ton of fine adjustment(more weights to add/remove)

Joker

imo, i'd rather have a single bat that i could PERFECT the swing weight on, then have a closet full of bats and HOPE one of them felt right.

this is the next best thing(in theory) to getting a bat 'fitted' to your swing.

in that sense it reminds me a bit of golf, and how you'll get way better results with a 400 dollar set of clubs fitted to your swing then you'll get with 4000 dollar clubs that aren't.

as soon as performance is restricted(that's what the stamps are for), then the only way to increase performance is to fit the equipment to the user. THIS is a step in that direction.

so, imo, if you aren't interested in this, you probably shouldn't be buying any new bat until they change the standards

now if you're specifically talking about this MODEL, and not the concept, then i tend to agree. it's not quite enough to get excited about. i'd like to see more weighting options. even the hockey sticks that came with this kind of technology gave you a ton of fine adjustment(more weights to add/remove)

thats why we have a section here that lets you buy, sell, trade bats. you try one and if it doesn't work for you, then you deal it and get something else. i don't think anyone with half a brain is just going to keep buying bats, throwing them in a closet and not use them if they don't like them

Joker

i don't think its a concept that the masses have been asking for. for 90% of the softball world that are casual players and barely know what bats are approved for what association, its not something that appeals to them. for the guys who already own 5+ bats, it hasn't been something thats been asked for either. i don't think you will see people who swing miken or eastons or whatever else jumping up and down to get this bat. its just another thing from demarini to appeal to crowd that will buy anything from demarini. demarini is the king of hype and repainted exclusive bats that cater to the fanbois

i enjoy demarini bats and have for a while, but their marketing and development leaves a lot to be desired over the past few years

vlcmstnaz

volcom stone az
^^^what does Joker want then? DeMarini can't win with you. They didn't try hard enough with the repaint "limited edition" one's that were just announced, but this is too much? What SHOULD DeMarini do then? Always the contrarian.

I'm not a DeMarini fan boy. I'm not into the hype. But, I like this concept, would LOVE it if they made it an option on their entire line (if ASA would allow it).