New gimmick stick

BOLTMAN21

Manager
^^^what does Joker want then? DeMarini can't win with you. They didn't try hard enough with the repaint "limited edition" one's that were just announced, but this is too much? What SHOULD DeMarini do then? Always the contrarian.

I'm not a DeMarini fan boy. I'm not into the hype. But, I like this concept, would LOVE it if they made it an option on their entire line (if ASA would allow it).

He won't stfu until he gets a 12" barrel with a usssa stamp and composite handle that is not a J3U. (& and that's actually not a bad idea)

Cowan256

Starting Player
Easton makes that ^, but Joker's lack of love for that make are well documented. So what you said in Worth or Demarini to be more specific.

Joker

^^^what does Joker want then? DeMarini can't win with you. They didn't try hard enough with the repaint "limited edition" one's that were just announced, but this is too much? What SHOULD DeMarini do then? Always the contrarian.

I'm not a DeMarini fan boy. I'm not into the hype. But, I like this concept, would LOVE it if they made it an option on their entire line (if ASA would allow it).

to actaully put some effort into something people want instead of bringing back an old idea that failed when miken did it or just repainting bats and calling them exclusives.

add some variety. you can get almost every option of 1 piece or 2 piece or balanced or endloaded or long or short barrel in eastons line in each association

demarini has the ability to make bats with 2 different handles, endload, barrel sizes, and even different feeling barrels. however we're limited to a handful of options in each type of bat

stop telling people what they want and give them the chance to have it

bruiser

Co-ed Rec league bat boy
This does make sense. That's the one cool thing about Monsta, you can pick your handle, ballance point, and have the weight changed. Before you start bashing me I don't own any Monsta bats and never will but it is a cool idea.

vlcmstnaz

volcom stone az
add some variety. you can get almost every option of 1 piece or 2 piece or balanced or endloaded or long or short barrel in eastons line in each association

demarini has the ability to make bats with 2 different handles, endload, barrel sizes, and even different feeling barrels. however we're limited to a handful of options in each type of bat

I can appreciate that. I'd be in for that. Never been an Easton fan though. I still think this "gimmick" is a good idea though.

Last edited:

EA Sports

Addicted to Softballfans
Finally got to get some hits on my Vizion. It is a very good bat. Feels like a well broken in spec one from the first swing. Had a nice crack sound from the get go and only got better as the day went on. I have around 150 hits on it and it hasn't shown any signs of not being durable yet.

dubblrest1985

Starting Player
How hard would it be for them to have a fully customizable bat?

They've come out with the custom paint for the true one, so I can understand the price point being a little higherin that regard due to every print being different..

But if you want to use the setups they already have in different configurations, why not be the first to jump in, and keep the price around the same as they are now? I think they may be headed in that direction with the custom paint True One, and now this Vision thing... Time will tell...

DeeMo28

Addicted to Softballfans
How customized are you talking? Are you talking choosing any barrel and any handle from the main line bats and mashing them together to make a custom?

erdy147

Addicted to Softballfans
This does make sense. That's the one cool thing about Monsta, you can pick your handle, ballance point, and have the weight changed. Before you start bashing me I don't own any Monsta bats and never will but it is a cool idea.

I'd be in for a 26oz (usually around 25.75 with grip) 15 juggy that 1.5oz could be added right to the endcap making it around a total weight of 27.25oz. Kind of like the juice endload of the 26's and 27's. ASA must have an issue with lower weights with a good endload or maybe that endload doesn't sell well?

bruiser

Co-ed Rec league bat boy
My guess is it doesn't sell well for Demarini. My Eastons have healthy end loads, 2oz on the L6 and 2.5oz on the L4US

dubblrest1985

Starting Player
Yes Deemo. I would be happy with personalizing a juggernaut like they do the cl22.

Any handle, barrel, swing weight, endcap/end load.

Obviously the jackasses ordering them would have to pay attention to which association they are going for.

pontiacfb78

Star Player
I kind of like the idea of this bat, but I would never use it. I swing 26oz, so being able to change the weight isn't something I'm going to get for myself. I could see it being useful if it was a team bat. I could just picture the frustration from the fielding team though. Just watching as every batter had to grab the kit and change the weight before they stepped into the box.

I really like the idea of getting a custom coloured bat, but Demarini seems like they are only trying to modify The One because its their all association bat. Props to them for using the CL22 to make the Kraken, but why did they make the Yeti and the Chupacabra out of the One? they could have gone with an Aftermath, or the Juggy for one of them to have a SE ASA bat.

EA Sports

Addicted to Softballfans
I really like my vizion so far. Only thing I wish they would do is sell the heavier knobs and end caps separately.

vlcmstnaz

volcom stone az
I really like my vizion so far. Only thing I wish they would do is sell the heavier knobs and end caps separately.

I like that idea. MSRP should be what it always has been, buy knobs / end caps as desired separately (maybe $10/knob?).

I couldn't care less about custom paint. Actually, I think it's a bad idea. Makes it harder for umps (and other players) to recognize bats without scouring each for the appropriate stamps.

But custom weighting, choosing barrel size / firmness / tech (ie. divergence, stacked, 4.ONE, etc.), handle stiffness, etc. would be awesome!

erdy147

Addicted to Softballfans
My guess is it doesn't sell well for Demarini. My Eastons have healthy end loads, 2oz on the L6 and 2.5oz on the L4US

Ya...I was kind of leaning to that reason. Too bad because I think it would sell besides they don't have to make a ton of them just see how they sell before producing more.