New Mizuno 2pc Nighthawk pics

dttruax

Addicted to Softballfans
Any idea where to get a 27oz USSSA EL from, looks like the store is out

You could probably PM milocoman and he may be able to order some more. Or you can get the endloaded "ASA" Nighthawk from the store which is actually a dual stamp.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Cold Engineer knows what Cold Engineer wants. Hiltz thinks wcoastsoftball should stop insulting Cold Engineer's intelligence.

mamoore9

Star Player
Fyi, there's more coming in the store

Can anyone give me an idea of what the 27 el swings like? Im looking ot pick one up but just wanna see what it compares to so i can decide between this and the new watermelon legit

Last edited:

WillW3

Starting Player
Fyi, there's more coming in the store

Can anyone give me an idea of what the 27 el swings like? Im looking ot pick one up but just wanna see what it compares to so i can decide between this and the new watermelon legit

Mine has a bigger end load than my 15 JH Legit. It's up close to my Sonic+. Feels good though.

Balance points

Last edited:

WillW3

Starting Player
Pinky legit is my gamer now (27.5), but like I said, the NH has a significantly bigger end load. I like both though. If durability wasn't an issue, I'd game the NH in league without a doubt.

THESHOE

Starting Player
Weird.

I swung a Hall 28.5 a lot last year. The NH in 28 feels the same to me. Same 1/2oz load feel in either.

Could it be the Hall scales off a bit and the Hawk more spot on to sticker weight?

I've noticed Hawks are just about the tightest to sticker weight spec bats out there.

Either way, not sure why people worry. My Utrip Hawk is getting its work. A lot of my teammates now want to swing it in games or BP. Holding up fine. Doesn't seem to really be getting too soft in the barrel with use, like some bats can.

At this point, most weather and anything 40/375 and 52 core in terms of balls. Probably getting close to 700 or more hits now.

joncoke

Addicted to Softballfans
I picked up a 27 endload and I'm enjoying it quite a bit at the moment. I swung it yesterday in some bp and the bat was launching the ball. Best round of bp I have had it quite a while. I really enjoy the weighting of this bat and the way it comes through the zone. I have the utrip/nsa version and I would say it has 125-150 swings on it now and I have no problems gaming it.

southpaw15

Addicted to Softballfans
Holding up very well in my opinion. We've had our bats now since a few weeks before our Dual in FL, and they've been doing very well for us. My 28oz EL has about 500 swings on it between BP and games, and still tests around 240 at each Conference Event I play in. I don't want it going much lower, so it's just for games right now and I BP my other Balanced 28oz Nighthawks. I could use either of them in a game also, just got comfortable with the 28oz EL. I'll probably start putting 1 of my 28oz Balanced in our buckets as we get into the summer more now and I pitch more in the heat and wear down sooner.

I know quite a few of our guys have well over 1,000 swings, and some of our Canadian friends are well over those numbers also. I've been primarily hitting .52/300 ASA or NSA balls once I got to around 250 on the compression machine to be sure I'm not breaking them down too quickly. I'd suggest using this approach, or getting some the Evil BP balls, or something similar with about any of the 2016 models any manufacturer has out on the market these days.

Dan Bean
TM Sports/Mizuno

THESHOE

Starting Player
Mine's holding up.

Near 1000 hits now.

40/375 & various forms of 52 cor balls only.

Lots and lots of teammates swinging my bat now. Gets lots of love. Wish they'd get their own.

Entire barrel is just a sweet spot. Excellent pop. Not seeing signs of anything making nervous within the paint or top wall. So good sign there. Not seeing webbing or "paint cracks" etc like I saw in other manufacturers. Makes me confident in the Mizuno product.

Best of all, the handle flex is like it was day #1 with this bat. This is what I love most. I hate bats that develop more and more flex or wobble with use. Always liked Demarini with the alloy handles in this regard, but, the Utrip models always seemed to lack a little barrel or pop wise. Never quite on par with the others. The Mizuno for me was perfect. Dead stiff, with pop that rivals the Mikens/Worths right out of the gate. Still does too, but no development of handle flex like I've felt with Freak 12, Combat Assault G4 2pc, and a few others I've gamed.

This Utrip is a winner. Much much less a bat heure these days thanks to this thing. Just satisfied and keep swinging the same thing.

Last edited:

Mr. Baseball

Addicted to Softballfans
Mine's holding up.

Near 1000 hits now.

40/375 & various forms of 52 cor balls only.

Lots and lots of teammates swinging my bat now. Gets lots of love. Wish they'd get their own.

Entire barrel is just a sweet spot. Excellent pop. Not seeing signs of anything making nervous within the paint or top wall. So good sign there. Not seeing webbing or "paint cracks" etc like I saw in other manufacturers. Makes me confident in the Mizuno product.

Best of all, the handle flex is like it was day #1 with this bat. This is what I love most. I hate bats that develop more and more flex or wobble with use. Always liked Demarini with the alloy handles in this regard, but, the Utrip models always seemed to lack a little barrel or pop wise. Never quite on par with the others. The Mizuno for me was perfect. Dead stiff, with pop that rivals the Mikens/Worths right out of the gate. Still does too, but no development of handle flex like I've felt with Freak 12, Combat Assault G4 2pc, and a few others I've gamed.

This Utrip is a winner. Much much less a bat heure these days thanks to this thing. Just satisfied and keep swinging the same thing.

Spot on. I've sold off almost everything except for my two nightHawks. this bat is perfect for me.

THESHOE

Starting Player
I've been beating into my one and only NH 28oz.

Occasionally helped the GF with her new Super Z 27 bal here and there.

I sold off my stash. NH for me has proven to be the best blend of all things in a bat for me (Stiff, no flex, 2pc, 13" forgiving barrel, big pop, distance, touch sensitive to take some off and place hits, etc).

Everything about it suits my style and swing, and from long bomb to placement hitting. One bat for all, what's to hate about that? And now it's proving to be a worthy investment and durable to date.

My only gripe? Others have caught on to it. A lot of teammates swing it, and seeing opponents show up with them.

Was kinda hoping they'd be a dud in popularity and become cheap on clearance.... Oh well, good on Mizuno! :biggthumpup:

Spot on. I've sold off almost everything except for my two nightHawks. this bat is perfect for me.

Crusty

Addicted to Softballfans
So, my Utrip Nighthwak developed a rattle. This is something I never experienced with the Craze, Blackout or Mamba. Has anyone else's got a rattle. It is broke in with mixed balls with around 300 swings. Just not sure if it is a no worries swing away thing or put it away rattle means death to follow thing.

Crusty

Addicted to Softballfans
Ridiculous....keeps up with anything else on the market. Just have to get used to the weighting. It is a barrel heavy/endloaded bat. Weighs 25.7oz but feels a lot heavier. But doesn't all feel like it's on the end like a DC if that makes sense. Weighted more like a realtree or endloaded Monsta...just feels like a lot of weight is in middle of the bat or at the barrel plus the endload. But the balanced I just got is a dream. Swings/weighted a lot like the Black/yellow Freak Black or even the EL OG Z-2000. Def not balanced though. Friend of mine has a Patriot with the same number of swings. He was hitting his Patriot 20' farther on avg. I was hitting the Nighthawk 20' farther than the Patriot. So pick your poison...whatever works for your swing.

Last edited:

camjo23

Addicted to Softballfans
So, my Utrip Nighthwak developed a rattle. This is something I never experienced with the Craze, Blackout or Mamba. Has anyone else's got a rattle. It is broke in with mixed balls with around 300 swings. Just not sure if it is a no worries swing away thing or put it away rattle means death to follow thing.

Mine developed a rattle after 50 swings.....400+ now....no issues