New Mizuno 2pc Nighthawk pics

Sounds like most people are swinging the utrip version, does anyone have experience with the ASA one? Do these swing true to weight?

I had a balanced ASA NH. After about 10 swings I noticed several large deep cracks. Wrote it off as junk and haven't touched it since. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, the bat felt incredibly cheap. I still swing my Mamba along with a few bats from other manufacturers.

Last edited:

kielowens

Addicted to Softballfans
Dual stamps have been breaking. If it's broke mizuno will give you an Asa mamba and an Asa only nighthawk when they come out later this year.

THESHOE

Starting Player
Funny how things work.

I thought the Mamba was a total POS and preferred Blackouts.

Meanwhile the Hawk is the best bat I've swung. Put down my others and now own and swing nothing but.

If anything felt cheap to me it was the Mamba. Felt like every other L5 type bat out there.

I had a balanced ASA NH. After about 10 swings I noticed several large deep cracks. Wrote it off as junk and haven't touched it since. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, the bat felt incredibly cheap. I still swing my Mamba along with a few bats from other manufacturers.

Geezer000

Addicted to Softballfans
Funny how things work.

I thought the Mamba was a total POS and preferred Blackouts.

Meanwhile the Hawk is the best bat I've swung. Put down my others and now own and swing nothing but.

If anything felt cheap to me it was the Mamba. Felt like every other L5 type bat out there.

On the contrary, a can't put my Mamba down. Thing is an utter BEAST! Hawk just sits in my bag for now.

Mr. Baseball

Addicted to Softballfans
how many cuts do people have in the utrip versions so far? My balanced 27 is probably about 200. I feel like there is no questioning the performance but curious to get a consensus on durability.

Last edited:

WillW3

Starting Player
Mine is up to about 100 swings. Mostly 52's and a few classic M's. I will say as far as performance goes, it's the best bat in my bag. Durability just worries me, so I don't use it much.

Mr. Baseball

Addicted to Softballfans
Mine is up to about 100 swings. Mostly 52's and a few classic M's. I will say as far as performance goes, it's the best bat in my bag. Durability just worries me, so I don't use it much.

My gut feeling is that it will hold up just fine. But I'm a guy who likes evidence. Would be nice to know at what point to start babying it. Especially with no warranty.

WillW3

Starting Player
My gut feeling is that it will hold up just fine. But I'm a guy who likes evidence. Would be nice to know at what point to start babying it. Especially with no warranty.

I may swing it next weekend hitting 44/375's. It's too good to sit in the bag.

THESHOE

Starting Player
500+

I got over the fear of it.

Too many friends who like it too now, it's getting its work. Keeps getting better. Sweet spot is gross now.

Holding up fine.

Mr. Baseball

Addicted to Softballfans
500+

I got over the fear of it.

Too many friends who like it too now, it's getting its work. Keeps getting better. Sweet spot is gross now.

Holding up fine.

Was hoping you'd chime in. I traded a 4the fallen for another and I'll game them for good now

Chudder

Addicted to Softballfans
Was hoping you'd chime in. I traded a 4the fallen for another and I'll game them for good now

My gamer has over 2000 now.... however, only 52, 300's outside of about 30 swing that I took with some hard balls in North Carolina.

We played this past weekend and I have never in my life had exit speeds like I did that weekend. I really can't express how impressed I was with the NH. They pulled my bat 4 times for "random testing" this weekend after balls I hit at infielders.

SO happy with my NH

Mr. Baseball

Addicted to Softballfans
My gamer has over 2000 now.... however, only 52, 300's outside of about 30 swing that I took with some hard balls in North Carolina.

We played this past weekend and I have never in my life had exit speeds like I did that weekend. I really can't express how impressed I was with the NH. They pulled my bat 4 times for "random testing" this weekend after balls I hit at infielders.

SO happy with my NH

I assume it was passing just fine?

THESHOE

Starting Player
Break? I'd be a little surprised if maintained in good temperatures that it would break prematurely. It holds up in terms of not cracking with harder balls.

Fail Comp fast with those balls? Yes as most modern models of any make except probably Easton likely would if exclusively hitting those and a lot. Would be no different than Miken/Worth and etc.

I've BP'd mine well over 500 hits now, with a mix of 40/375, 52/300 & 52/275. 50% of the balls being 40 cor in either Worth Grey Dot or Trump Stotes.

No issues at all, not even any signs of webbing yet. Game hits are all with 52 cor 2 of the 3 nights I play and all tournament play. The 3rd and only night is Gray Dot balls 40/375.

Holding up fine with a lot of different people putting swings into it right now, a lot of people seem to try it and love it. So now I have no choice but to share it with teammates if they're going to hit well with it.

I don't play at a level where Comp testing is an issue. I simply worry about it not cracking at this time, and it is passing this test very well.

If I did play at a level where Comp Testing happened, I would have a backup or two, one with some hits into it to get it going a little and maybe another niw. And I would park this gamer if and while it still passed. Just to play it safe.

I don't want to swing anything else right now.

I want to get one of the u-trips but we hit the 44/400 here and im afraid she will be short lived.

TDW13

Come At Me Bro!
What's the word on these and a warranty? Some websites say 1 year and some say no warranty.

There's no warranty in the US for these, however; I have heard that if the dual stamp shark toothes they will either send you a new NH or send you a Mamba and next year's ASA NH.