New Mizuno 2pc Nighthawk pics

T.Heck

Your favorite Cubs fan
Yep they been a good ball club for along time... Hopefully Cubs can be and stay competitive for awhile.

Cliff

Addicted to Softballfans
It was awesome to get to meet Chudder, Steel, and Southpaw15 this past weekend. The Nighthawks were hitting great from what I saw. I was told Taylormade scored 177 runs in 5 games. I just wanted to comment (to anyone who doesn't know) that Steel Lewis hits the ball very very far.

ogsoftballplaye

Nice meeting you this weekend Southpaw. Yall guys hit it well. You held the middle down to. Glad I got to meet Chudder and Steele. Those guys mash. You do your role well and complement the team well. You were always positive. Which is a good thing to have in a teammate. Good luck to you this year and keep on winning.

southpaw15

Addicted to Softballfans
Great meeting you guys as well. It's always nice putting faces with names on the board. The Canadians can definitely smash it, great guys on and off the field as well. Looking forward to a very fun year and representing Mizuno!

fowlball75

Addicted to Softballfans
what position did Chudder play? I watched their first two games and wasn't aware he was there. I saw Steele playing and of coarse ROBO.

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
i was there for most of the first game but didn't wanna fanboy lol. really good looking team even if most of the arms were maxxing out the sleeves they were in. my wife made the comment, "you could look like that if you worked out." i know she lies

Chudder

Addicted to Softballfans
It was awesome to get to meet Chudder, Steel, and Southpaw15 this past weekend. The Nighthawks were hitting great from what I saw. I was told Taylormade scored 177 runs in 5 games. I just wanted to comment (to anyone who doesn't know) that Steel Lewis hits the ball very very far.

It was pretty cool meeting some people from SBF this weekend and also had a great time watching games with you Cliff and learning more about the US game from you.

I had a blast trying out USSSA pitching and playing in the USA, its quite an adjustment. I pride myself on bat control and I found it difficult with the flatter pitching and I have a whole new respect for the US players.

Steele is a FREAK and Im glad he is getting his shot in the USA, I have all the confidence in the world he will become a household name.

Nice meeting you this weekend Southpaw. Yall guys hit it well. You held the middle down to. Glad I got to meet Chudder and Steele. Those guys mash.

Nice meeting you too brother, sorry that we never got to meet up later in the day and thank you for the kind words.

Great meeting you guys as well. It's always nice putting faces with names on the board. The Canadians can definitely smash it, great guys on and off the field as well. Looking forward to a very fun year and representing Mizuno!

You're a beauty Bean, the TM players were unbelieveable and made me feel right at home immediately. They are a pretty special group that were always positive and picking eachother up. Hats off to you SP15 for holding down the middle, but also being an amazing team mate to me. Hitting in front of me you saw that I was struggling trying to base hit it so you changed your approach purely to help me and allow me to free swing more, thank you.

Chuddar played 3rd while i was watching.

I was at 3rd all weekend and batting about 7th right after MR.Southpaw15 himself. I was hit and miss at the plate until our 3rd game when I started to get a feel for the USSSA pitching and then I started to dial in a bit more.

southpaw15

Addicted to Softballfans
We had a fun weekend as a whole, and it was great that a lot of guys came up and introduced themselves. The cookout going on in the middle of the fields was pretty impressive, that's how we maintain our weight...LOL!! Chudder definitely held his own at 3rd and started figuring out the flatter pitches as the tournament progressed. One thing is for sure, you have to move up in the box to face flat pitches so you get the ball at a level most comfortable to you. There were a few E1's out there though, once a pitcher threw the Canadian's a ball with some hump, watch out!!

ser7643

Every day I'm Shuffilin!
I have a balanced Nighthawk and read somewhere these are taking longer to break in than the endload version....can anyone shed some light on this???

southpaw15

Addicted to Softballfans
I can say this, my balanced Nighthawk tested in the wrapper at 258. I put 100 swings on it for BP, tested at 230 before we played last weekend in NC. I don't think it needs much of anything to be able to game it in my opinion. I personally don't have a EL version, but the guys on our team that do, have said the same things about the EL version in terms of needing little to no BP for games.

THESHOE

Starting Player
The only way I can see any truth to this... And the very same goes for the rumours circling about the Freak 30 not lasting comp test as long with the full 1oz load protos vs 1/2oz productions models is this;

The hitter (in theory) will hit with more power with the EL than the Bal model... So (in theory) will instill a little more "damage" or break in to the barrel with EL vs Bal, whilst swinging harder at/into the ball with an end load.

I still call bs to a certain extent on that theory, mostly cause I find BAL vs EL to be more of a feel thing, and certainly seen guys hit BAL really hard... And I would gather the difference to be rather minimal at the very least.

My experience is, these at our demos we attended all tested and stickered around the 260 mark, and felt worked in and g2g in a few BP rounds on them. In a very Miken/Worth like kinda way.

I think it has a lot more with WHO is hitting, the BALL they are hitting, and then you can debate the actual hit count to call it worked in per bat. The effect of the EL is likely quite minimal in terms of the extra ooooomph the impact has vs a BAL model.

To be right honest, Chudder's 50 cuts and this bat is dumb already. Would probably take me about 200 cuts or more to match what 50 Chudder cuts do to the barrel man.

I have a balanced Nighthawk and read somewhere these are taking longer to break in than the endload version....can anyone shed some light on this???

chinese freak

Addicted to Softballfans
Without a doubt chudder and Steele can smash but it's the fact that their great people off the field and they represent Canada and mizuno well:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Hurk

Star Player
:repost:t
Without a doubt chudder and Steele can smash but it's the fact that their great people off the field and they represent Canada and mizuno well:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Other than the bat being awesome, this is the reason I bought a Nighthawk and to be honest, if im looking for gear, I'll give Mizuno first shot now just because of the good people of Mizuno.

Monty22

Addicted to Softballfans
:repost:t

Other than the bat being awesome, this is the reason I bought a Nighthawk and to be honest, if im looking for gear, I'll give Mizuno first shot now just because of the good people of Mizuno.

fyi, chudder doesn't like eating your favourite food. hope this doesnt change your opinion on him.

Adamal24

Never Settle™
20160402_122000-1_zpsrfmbrwhv.jpg

Time for some BP to see what will stay and what needs to go!

Adamal24

Never Settle™
Got a few swings yesterday off the tee with both balanced nighthawks. Stiff, responsive barrel. No flex. Pingy sound out of the wrapper (dual stamp more so).. but ball came off and carried very well. Both swung a bit heavier in comparison to my TM blackout and No doubt but didn't feel overly heavy to me. I'm impressed so far and am excited to see what they do after more break in time (only got about 40 swings on utrip and 20 swings on dual stamp today). Video below..also took a couple swings with my 1000 hit OG TM blackout for comparison (can def tell a difference in sound). Balls in the video are mostly 44/375 and classic M with a couple 52/300 mixed in (tried to save those for dual stamp swings). Hoping to hit BP again today with live pitching. Will also try to get more videos as able.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Hu8Z4ALevc[/ame]

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
Who has one of these in an ASA around me would love to try one. Every new ASA bat I have hit so far this year has been nothing short of amazing. And I am stuck playing single wall most of the time....

hlsiii

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks for the post Adam.
Let us know if you have access to a scale. Curious as to the exact weight of the dual stamp.

WillW3

Starting Player
I scaled my 27 oz USSSA EL this morning at 26.9 oz. for anyone curious about the weighting.