New respect for the Salvo, but....

bdub69

Is a bat P-I-M-P!
Well, I was being nice and sharing it with my team last night for a tune-up scrimmage amongst ourselves. We were using Classic Ms and let me tell you, that thing smokes them really well--that is until the endcap blew off from our SS hitting it! :eek: No it was not altered, I don't believe in it.

It was just a matter of time before it was going to blow, but damn.. :(
Besides the durability, I will get another one for those hot, humid days using a "soft" ball.

Click on the image again after it directs you to Photobucket to see more detail.

Last edited:

NikeSlowPitcher

Addicted to Softballfans
Sucks to see more and more people talking about the endcaps comin' off these SRV5's...especially since I just recently took mine out for the first time a few days ago...:-/

eolivares1976

LA Lawmen
I wonder if its a problem with the newer batches because I haven't had this issue with any of mine. Also a few of my friends have Salvos and none of them have had this issue.

Lord7

Banned User
Well, I was being nice and sharing it with my team last night for a tune-up scrimmage amongst ourselves. We were using Classic Ms and let me tell you, that thing smokes them really well--that is until the endcap blew off from our SS hitting it! :eek: No it was not altered, I don't believe in it.
Besides the durability, I will get another one for those hot, humid days using a "soft" ball.

What do you mean by this? Like you don't believe it works or you don't believe in it like Santa Claus? I've been thinking abut getting A salvo as of late.

bdub69

Is a bat P-I-M-P!
What do you mean by this? Like you don't believe it works or you don't believe in it like Santa Claus? I've been thinking abut getting A salvo as of late.

Altered as in shaved, or rolled. :p
For the money it hits the ****ty ball really well. :eek:

Champ01

Addicted to Softballfans

How about some updates on the CNT+ RI you have been hacking away with..

bdub69

Is a bat P-I-M-P!
How about some updates on the CNT+ RI you have been hacking away with..

I had to put it down because I was getting spoiled. :mad::eek: I can't use it anywhere over here so I put her down. I'm saving it for when I eventually get back to US soil.

Champ01

Addicted to Softballfans
I had to put it down because I was getting spoiled. :mad::eek: I can't use it anywhere over here so I put her down. I'm saving it for when I eventually get back to US soil.

Spoiled? Do you mean it was hitting much further than your ASA sticks? Give me some details... I love my Extended but the CNT+ feels more like a Flex with a bit of an endload and more pop..

bdub69

Is a bat P-I-M-P!
Spoiled? Do you mean it was hitting much further than your ASA sticks? Give me some details... I love my Extended but the CNT+ feels more like a Flex with a bit of an endload and more pop..

Meaning the pop the RI has is crazy! I have never hit the OG CNT to compare, but it was the first ever U-trip stick I've ever bought.

Let's just say that thing with less than 100 swings, I can get it 350'

Not to crazy about the sound, but that is not important..

They are cheap, if I played U-trip, I'd stock up because I like the feel of it.

LuckyMatthews

#SelfProclaimedEastonGuru
Can you post some pics of the inside of the bat at all? I'm just curious. I've had a bunch of the new easton's end caps get the hairline crack, but so far I haven't had the hole blow out. I've seen it a few times but not to any of mine. The hairline crack doesn't effect anything at all. The black hole in the cap is NGTG though, I'm sorry for your loss bro!

bdub69

Is a bat P-I-M-P!
Can you post some pics of the inside of the bat at all? I'm just curious. I've had a bunch of the new easton's end caps get the hairline crack, but so far I haven't had the hole blow out. I've seen it a few times but not to any of mine. The hairline crack doesn't effect anything at all. The black hole in the cap is NGTG though, I'm sorry for your loss bro!

Give me a sec, I'll post it to the OP.

chris22186

Addicted to SBF!
Whats up bdub??? Its nice to see a review like this one from someone who has softball knowledge...how is that catty coming along???

mars2001

Part Time Player
the exact same 'blow out' happened with my Salvo today (purchased August last year, ~3200 cuts on it)...

It's been a solid bat - but never the sort of performance to get me to drink the Salvo Kool-aid... been hoping this one would blow up so I could see if it was just a dud. I do have to mention that the last dozen or so cuts I had with it - it was absolutely killing the ball... almost like the webbed SCN12BH I had... might try to use it a couple more times before sending it back for WR...