New Sbf Forum

JPG

Lefty
I don't mean to be a negative but I am not able to adjust to this forum change so I have to say... I don't like the change. It is very hard to scan and just take in. I wish there was an option to switch back to the old style and view.

Sorry about the post, I am curious how others feel and if they are use to it already. Who knows maybe no one thinks anything of it.

Rooster210

P-Pumpah #1
I dislike the "chat" on the bottom of my phone. When you zoom in so does the chat. maybe i just dont know how to remove it from being visible. also dont care for the trophy points or likes. just lmk how many good and bad deals they have done. i know you can click on the persons name but that requires too much effort. just prefer seeing what i need below the persons name.

u234bob

Blah Blah Blah
I didn't like it at first but now Im used to it- still seems a bit odd but old sbf was way behind the times

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
You don't see their deal stats below their name?

Even if this one seems to have less functionality, as I understand it it has way more and many more options going forward than the outdated vBulletin. I was used to the other one obviously, but am learning this one okay. Moderating isn't as easy, but the site seems easier to me. Especially on my phone.

jhitman

The other board was very simplistic and easier to navigate...IMO I find myself on here less and less all the time.

You don't see their deal stats below their name?

I see:

I think it'd help a lot to have deals under the names of posters, like the old site. I think the average SBF user could care less about likes. Me included.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's weird. It shows up on my phone, but not on my laptop. I'm seeing if I can figure it out.

LaserArm

Addicted to Softballfans
I don't like the new version either and from the lack of updated threads I'd say the same goes for most people. This place was dying before, now it seems almost barren. Most threads in any forum have a last post of 3 days or more. I'd say the new change in software is changing how much people are on here.

Dogue

Evil Genius
I don't like the new version either and from the lack of updated threads I'd say the same goes for most people. This place was dying before, now it seems almost barren. Most threads in any forum have a last post of 3 days or more. I'd say the new change in software is changing how much people are on here.
Just imagine how slow it'll be in winter :eek:

jkwoody22

League ball huer
Right, I don't know if it the site or softball in general, but there is way less posting going on, for me the site looks way to busy and I'm not a fan, I still come on here a lot, but don't stay here as long, it just looks busy and bright, I'm sure the functionality and usability is better, but I think the timing was bad for the change as the site "seemed" to be dwindling of members/posts

Drumbum37

Addicted to Softballfans
Haven't used it a whole lot on my laptop, but it's much better on my phone other than the stupid chat bar at the bottom. It's nice not having to zoom in and have drop down menus appear in rando places.

BigWhiffa

Underwear Researcher
web forums are losing more and more traffic. the method of communication has changed. its a few things in my opinion.

#1 - people moving to facebook groups. there is just as much convo going on in the thousands of softball groups as there is on softball forums now.

#2 - forum changes. forums will update, change colors, use a new system, etc and people just stop coming back.

i'm apart of like 10 forums regularly of all different topics. its been the trend.

NBlack3RP

SBF should just move operations to a fb group since that's where everyone goes anyway. assuming everyone that has a log-in or is active here, would be migrated over into the fb group. There may be one already and I'm just saying this off the cuff, but I agree the traffic is slow on here.

the forum was doomed before any changes were made, they let guys with 10,000 posts be total assholes to new guys and people trying to learn more. they could have allowed this to be a useful place where guys learn things, instead they just let the same few people ruin it and drive away any new members under the false idea of "just busting balls" and this is where we are now. besides how many "best bat for 52" can anyone really read.

RustyShakleford

the forum was doomed before any changes were made, they let guys with 10,000 posts be total assholes to new guys and people trying to learn more. they could have allowed this to be a useful place where guys learn things, instead they just let the same few people ruin it and drive away any new members under the false idea of "just busting balls" and this is where we are now. besides how many "best bat for 52" can anyone really read.

This seems kinda hypocritical. You say you don't like guys busting balls then do that exact thing about common threads being repeated.

no, pointing out the mundane nature of many threads is not being hypocritical. im not telling someone who asks a question how stupid they are or going out of my way to be difficult or obtuse, this is clear. For a long time people would post and the same members would just hijack the threads or make it so no one wanted to post anything. the forum is already dead, disagreeing with me wont change that.

RustyShakleford

Yea it's dead. I think people like you are the problem though. It's the internet. If you can't handle the negative people or reposts, you don't belong on the internet. If it was only unique questions there wouldn't be anything to talk about. Move on with your life if you see something that offends you. It's words on a screen, it's not going to hurt you.

dNVvntX.gif

Cubsuns

Addicted to Softballfans
Yea it's dead. I think people like you are the problem though. It's the internet. If you can't handle the negative people or reposts, you don't belong on the internet. If it was only unique questions there wouldn't be anything to talk about. Move on with your life if you see something that offends you. It's words on a screen, it's not going to hurt you.

dNVvntX.gif

You are exactly right and you proved friedmike's point. A lot of members didn't like it and they moved on. Which means moved on from this site. Hope you get your way and the handful of people that think like you have this whole site to yourselves.

And lol at you thinking you can say who should or shouldn't be on the interwebz.