New to Slowpitch Softball

Country469

I needs to be mandated. Like here is our search function, and if your question has been asked the answer pops up. Its like we already have this info out there.

dunkky

don't use the built-in search function here. you are better off using google search cuz it knows most searched keys or keys that have been cached by the google moment you start typing. that smart feature is very handy.

ex: single wall bat site:forums.softballfans.com

at least that is my preference.

Joker

people are too ****ing lazy to do any sort of their own research and rely on other idiots to spoonfeed it to them. especially on questions that have been asked literally dozens of times before on here

dunkky

yeap yeap.. reminds of me a time when i posted about andrew collins. i got ambushed rather welcomed by many on why a grown ass man care about a grown ass softball player. for a moment, i thought i was not on a softball forum. time has passed since then.. lol

Scotth36

This wouldn't be Ball without a little hazing of the Rookies. I wouldn't expect anything less. Thanks for the true Welcome to the Team.

jkwoody22

League ball huer
yeap yeap.. reminds of me a time when i posted about andrew collins. i got ambushed rather welcomed by many on why a grown ass man care about a grown ass softball player. for a moment, i thought i was not on a softball forum. time has passed since then.. lol

And yes you had a man crush on some dude who is sponsored, it was well deserved lol, btw how are those new turfs :)

dunkky

And yes you had a man crush on some dude who is sponsored, it was well deserved lol, btw how are those new turfs :)

haven't tried it yet. playoff keep getting postponed due to bad weather. i am not sure who's gonna be around in town this thursday to play semi-final and possibly final.. lol. those shoes will put to a test when i play a winter league on turf this Jan. really nice ball park that was built this year.

upload_2018-12-18_19-53-56.png

east bay j

The Polish Hammer
Scotty,
Here are a couple old reviews/summaries for singlewall bats circa 2014/2015, that are still pretty useful. The 1st was done by Frisco Kid and is a good summary of the available singlewalls (back in 2015). Not much has changed except the L7.0 is no longer made and the L9.0 turned back into the Salvo Scandium in 2015 and is now called a Ronin. The 2nd one was a comparison done by me and several friends (actual feedback from rec league hitters)

swlist.png
Doc1.png

desperados

Addicted to Softballfans
LOL. I appreciate the feedback from everyone. I don't know too many competitive ball players who wouldn't want to be able to use the best equipment available (within reason - cost). I've played in a couple games and used a teammates bat and he said "you really need to get your own bat". I took that as he wasn't too happy I borrowed his bat. It's a bat but obviously some people are very protective of their stuff. I went to ****'s and all they had was fast pitch softball bats. I'll see if I can find a bat on the trading forum.

your boy isn't too happy sharing his bat because the metal bats only have a few swings in them.....when you get one you are comfortable with you hold onto it for dear life.

Scotth36

Scotty,
Here are a couple old reviews/summaries for singlewall bats circa 2014/2015, that are still pretty useful. The 1st was done by Frisco Kid and is a good summary of the available singlewalls (back in 2015). Not much has changed except the L7.0 is no longer made and the L9.0 turned back into the Salvo Scandium in 2015 and is now called a Ronin. The 2nd one was a comparison done by me and several friends (actual feedback from rec league hitters)

View attachment 54178
View attachment 54179
Thanks for the information. This is great. Now if I can find one of these. It appears the Anderson NanoTek SPA (ASA) might be the best bet if I can find one then the Easton Raw Power L9.0. Has anyone compared that to the Salvo Scandium? I see that bat on a few websites but if the L9.0 is better, I'll try looking for that.

east bay j

The Polish Hammer
Thanks for the information. This is great. Now if I can find one of these. It appears the Anderson NanoTek SPA (ASA) might be the best bet if I can find one then the Easton Raw Power L9.0. Has anyone compared that to the Salvo Scandium? I see that bat on a few websites but if the L9.0 is better, I'll try looking for that.

Easton 1st made the Salvo Scandium in 2012 (SP12SVS), Then changed the name to L9.0 in 2013 (SP13L9), then went back to the Salvo Scandium name in 2015 (SP15SVS). These are basically all the same bats in my opinion. The 26 oz had a 1 oz endload, the 27 oz had a 2 oz endload & he 28 oz had a 3 oz endload. In 2017 they replaced these with the Ronin Alloy which is balanced with no endload.

Rooster210

P-Pumpah #1
Thanks. In your opinion, which is there better bat?

say chief, do you really need a better bat or just a bat? spend the $ get all the options out and sell/trade what you don't want on here, issue resolved. i've seen dudes hit dingers with Easton Hammers in league so why is it that you need the best single wall? besides, how many HR can you hit in your league? or u just gonna park em all and take the outs?

Scotth36

I'm a slugger. How many sluggers do you know who wouldn't want the best bat. I get the "get any bat and swing it" but sorry for wanting the best bat possible. Also sorrys for being ignorant but I'm new to slow pitch softball and have no clue to these bats.

Scotth36

To
say chief, do you really need a better bat or just a bat? spend the $ get all the options out and sell/trade what you don't want on here, issue resolved. i've seen dudes hit dingers with Easton Hammers in league so why is it that you need the best single wall? besides, how many HR can you hit in your league? or u just gonna park em all and take the outs?
Answer your question, I bought a Steel bat but found out it's illegal in our League (no 2 piece bats). Is like the best bat possible but at the end of the day, I don't want a piece of sh** bat.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
I'm a slugger. How many sluggers do you know who wouldn't want the best bat. I get the "get any bat and swing it" but sorry for wanting the best bat possible. Also sorrys for being ignorant but I'm new to slow pitch softball and have no clue to these bats.

New guys don't always get the gentlest treatment here, don't take it personally.

The thing with singlewalls; the difference between a brand-new, high-end $200+ bat and a $20 flea-market mid-'90's TPS is marginal. Some would even argue that some of the older singlewalls (Ritch's Superior, Powerdome, etc.) are better than anything made since. And the beauty of buying an older singlewall for $20-$40; you may love it and it may be all you need, and if it isn't you can sell it for what you paid for it.