New to SR softball

tsmith7461

Addicted to Softballfans
I am new to Sr softball this year and am looking for a bat or two. I've always had Mikens for SB sprinkled with Worth or Demarini. I keep seeing Dudley and Adidas for Sr ball. What are the best bats for SR? Thank you in advance for thoughts or advice..

bigcat21

THE OFFICIAL SBF SALSERO
Both Dudley and Adidas from their OG's to today's current models are the top Sr. Bats, & you also can add the Worth Bats.... but all Sr. bats are based on one's personal preferences. For me, they are the very prime Sr. Bats. I gave up on Miken since the 2016 models and it goes downhill with the rest of the Sr. Bats until a newer Mfg. gets it better.. LOL!!

Last edited:

Dogue

Evil Genius
I agree with Bash, you really need to swing some different models if you can to find out what feels best for you. No doubt the Adidas and Dudley's are great but they just don't fit my swing. I like a good amount of EL and the Miken Big Cat is my go-to bat until someone else puts out a true endloaded bat. The 2016 and 2017 (my gamer) both get silly hot with a couple hundred hits. I had, and sold, the new red Adidas because they put too much weight in the handle on the 28.5 IMO, but the bat was hot right away.

Do BP with some seniors and try to swing as many different bats as you can...you'll find yours.

camjo23

Addicted to Softballfans
I agree with Dogue 100%....I bought his 2pc Melee....too much handle weight...swinging Miken now until 2pc Dudleys arrive...they are endloaded like Miken and are the hottest bat I've swung from swing 1!!!

Dogue

Evil Genius
I will say that a teammate has the 27.5oz 2 piece Melee and half of our tourney team loves it. I took a few swings with it in BP and it feels much better than the 28.5 and it is hot. It feels light to me but if I would have bought that weight first I may have kept it longer.

BASH 21

Will go box on friends!
Definitely do what Dogue said regarding Bp or just dry swings. Everybody's hot bat can be the other guys dud.

Yes the Adidas and Dudley are popular. I've swung both and didn't care for the loading and feel of the Adidas and the 3 Dudley og's (2 of the 13" endloads and 1 of the balanced) that were supposedly durable that I had have all broke in 100/200 swings. I prefer my Mikens (Freak Blackout, Freak Kendrick and the blue Patriot) for their feel and durability. Heck the Blackout has over a 1k cuts and still going strong!

I also had the Easton Empire....didn't care for it and sold it to a teammate who swears its the best thing ever and it works really well for him.

So different strokes for different folks!

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
Got my first few swings with that Adidas 27.5 last week and I cant wait to get a good 25 to 50 swings with it. Hopefully next weekend. And yes it does swing light.

floo56

Addicted to Softballfans
I continally search for OG Combats, very smooth swing feel for me n awesome performance...getting hard to find tho! Aloha, Fabe

tsmith7461

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks for all the input. I got a new Miken 12" Johnny Bailey. Feels a lot like the Freak 30 in swings.. Got one BP session indoors, never get a true sense of what bat is like indoors to me though. How it swings pretty much but not performance.

Gary B.

Bravo for Life!
Performance wise the Dudley and Adidas bats are hard to beat. However, I do agree you can't go wrong with most senior bats. As for feel you will have to swing them to know. Happy hunting and welcome to senior ball.