NFL Week 13: Aren't you a little young for full contact?

hbwb

~~~~~~~~~~~~
He was the forerunner, but he wasn't God. 48 touchdowns in 1984 isn't 70 in 2016, all I'm saying. He was good enough, and on a good enough team, and in an offense that wasn't trying to keep the obsolete power run game alive.

Like I said. Marino's skill set is akin to Rivers, not prime Peyton or anything. He had the arm talent but not the mental acuity. I seem to recall Marino's wonderlic being awful for a QB, like low teens.
marino and jim kelly were both at 15 as i recall.

hbwb

~~~~~~~~~~~~
1984 dolphins - mark duper 18.4 y/r ... mark clayton 19 y/r
1989 rams - henry ellard 19.7 y/r ... flipper anderson 26 y/r
2016 patriots - gronkowski 21.6 y/r ... chris hogan 17.9 y/r

the dolphins averaged > 40 ypg over the pats in the air and 2.6 ypg on the ground.

marino in today's game would be fun to watch but defenses adjusted to him back in the 80's and would today as well. his reaction and release was on par with rodgers brady and brees but he played 20-30 years before them which is as primo says, way ahead of his time.

hbwb

~~~~~~~~~~~~
yeah learn to fight another day. always hated to see that when it happened but looking back they were smart. kurt hitting them in stride and when the defender got close get down and go back and do it again. wash rinse repeat.

hbwb

~~~~~~~~~~~~
2000- holt 19.9 y/r ... bruce only 16.9 but they put up over 3k between them. throw in faulk with almost 2200 combined and you got some serious fire power. that was btw their best season numbers wise.

3XC

Big Truss
2000 Rams better than the 99 team but didn't win the SB or even get there. Who won the SB in 2000, I can't remember.

3XC

Big Truss
FWIW the final score of a Rams/Ravens SB that year would have been 20-13 Baltimore. Not that it matters, but other than Faulk magically turning a blown screen into a long TD, they weren't scoring. The Giants didn't sniff the endzone, woulda (shoulda) been the SB shutout it really was.