Nike Maxsight Sport Contacts....

barefoothwns

Does any anyone have any laying around?....I need a few, and can get the prescripts off of my last one....LMK...I know Nike is gonna re-release them I just don't know when. I need a few to get me thru my summer here in Vegas!....thx

bcnickels

midget man syndrome CEO
wow...didnt know they were going to re-release them.......if u get any info on them will you please let me know. its almost to the point were i wear mine all summer.

barefoothwns

wow...didnt know they were going to re-release them.......if u get any info on them will you please let me know. its almost to the point were i wear mine all summer.

Yeah bro...I was very surprised that they are bringing them back. I got on their website yesterday and was chatting with a CS rep. He told me they are coming out real soon and to chk on the Nike Vision website....;)....I just like you use mine all summer....

Nike Maxsight Contacts>any other shades etc....;)

cristenen

Addicted to Softballfans
Wore my trial pair on and off for almost 1.5 seasons. Couldn't even get an order in before they took the product off. Can't wait as well

SOFTBALLMADNESS

Banned User
How They Work
Nike’s patented Nike MaxSight Light Architecture™ selectively alters specific wavelengths of light within the visual spectrum to enhance key elements in sport. The athlete gets crisp, clear vision without anything getting in their way. By removing most of the blue light, contrast and clarity are enhanced — a decided advantage for any competitor. For sports not conducive to eyewear, such as golf, tennis and soccer, athletes will see marked improvement, even on days where the sun’s not at its brightest.

Nike MaxSight provides through-and-through tinting (unlike cosmetically tinted lenses), so there’s no bending or scattering of light. Plus there’s limited incidental light or peripheral flickering creeping around the sides, as with sunglasses. Athletes tested in Nike MaxSight lenses found they squinted less, were able to relax more, and had exceptional views of contours and movement.

Marco Materazzi of Italy’s Inter Milan football club and Baltimore Orioles second baseman Brian Roberts are among the pro athletes wearing Nike MaxSight. “It has been a lot of fun to start the season this hot,” said Roberts early in the MLB season. In fact, he became one of the first true fans of Nike MaxSight after impressive initial results. During a spring daytime game, Roberts said, “I wore the lenses and went 2 for 4. They are so awesome.”

With Nike MaxSight, there’s minimal squinting in bright light, and quicker visual definition when going from bright light to shadows.

Wearers will also discover a game-day benefit – the look. “It makes the eye look distinct, the large-pupil effect,” says Alan Reichow, Nike Vision Consultant. “It looks competitive.”

The Wear
Nike MaxSight is a 30-day lens, though most athletes will wear them selectively and for short durations. Lenses come in six-pack packaging. Nike MaxSight is available with or without a correction, thereby making it accessible to athletes whether they wear contacts or not.

The History
Nike began exploring the Nike Max Sight technology in 1997, conducting an initial clinical project, then subsequent research projects using collegiate athletes. Oregon’s Pacific University baseball players were the first athletes to undergo testing. Coach Greg Bradley requested that he be allowed to try them before his players. “He’d never worn contacts,” says Dr. Reichow. “He took two pitches and turned around and said, ‘I’ve never seen a ball that distinct and clear. Put them on anybody who wants them.’”

Amy
(Guest)

04/20/2007I use the Maxsights, and while it makes my eyes look creepy and it makes colors a lot different, it really works. The lenses are basically sunglasses on your eyes, and they make the ball(I play softball) a different and even more vibrant color. They're strange for the athlete to get used to (and everyone looking at your eyes), but after a few days it feels and seems fine. The first time I used them in a game, I saw the ball better, and they improved my hitting just by making the ball look more 3D. Another plus is that they last for a month, and also last longer than that if not worn constantly. I would reccomend this to anyone in a competitive sport, especially high school sports, and want an extra boost to their game.Brendan
(Guest)

06/05/2006This is actually one of the best inventions to date! In high school athletics, some schools will not allow thier athletes to wear sunglasses or they are not effiecient because they could fall of your face when competing. I'm going off to college and if these lenses pan out then I will most likely buy some pair for myself. They may indeed give me a competitive edge over other athletes even if it is only in my head.

nikemaxsight_clip_image001.gif

Last edited:

barefoothwns

You gotta go to an eye doc to get them fitted. I have no prescription on my contacts and I have 20/20 vision...These things are awesome...