North Dakota Summer Thread - Hope that winter BP paid off! Part 2(2015)

cheee

Diamond Dawg
It was a great weekend for ball. Minus the wind this tourney has had its share of bad luck. We had a pillow fight game with Wild Rice Saturday morning. We had our chances to win and just crapped the bed. It was nice to play some different teams for once. Burgess Detailing and Woodys were some fun games. Nice dudes. Our game at 5pm Saturday against Circus Bar could of been a lot better sportsmanship wise for the umpires sake but majority of their team was filled with nice guys. The couple others were enhanced with too many BWW mugs of quality H2O.

Sunday morning our body's came to play some what but our bats stayed in bed. Oh well that's softball. DMVW had a nice inning against us we couldn't claw into it.

It was nice to watch the 3x vs Tryon game Sunday. Back and forth game with lots of action. Congrats to all the teams and hopefully everyone walked away healthy.

Countdown now to McQuades.

P.S. did anyone else notice that Bertschi looked like he got taller lol

warningtrack24

Extra Hitter
Weekend results in the Open:
1. 3X
2. Heartland
3. Tryon
4. MMB
T5. Eide & Dvorak

Weekend D
1. Corral
2. MDI
3. Inges
4.DMVW

WELL.... The box proved they belong in the conversation with best team in ND and it looks like there is a passing of the baton as team to beat in ND. Also the box is playing there way to B real quick so have fun not being able to play McQuades next year...... Oh wait that probably wont happen. Heartland still struggling this year maybe McQuades is where they will turn it around........oh yeah they won't be there, but maybe this is all a big scam for heartland to get back to C and let the box deal with being a B team that can only play in a couple ND tournaments a year. I guess we will never know.

As far as D goes Corral seemed to breeze through the bracket going undefeated with only a slightly close game early on with DMVW. MDI looked to be on their way out as they were down big to DMVW, but it's softball and when you don't close a team out when you have the chance bad things tend to happen. WELCOME to class play DMVW hope you learned a valuable lesson this weekend. Although you did beat The Box this year so I guess that makes you one of the best teams in ND right????

Congratulations to the winners this weekend. Looked to be a successful tournament for Sam/Fargo/competitive softball.

Not exactly thrilled to take 4th, but confident our team can hang with all the teams @ D in the future. So if you hoped our responses would be filled with excuses and blame towards others, you'll have to keep waiting.

gullie28

Addicted to Softballfans
Congratulations to the winners this weekend. Looked to be a successful tournament for Sam/Fargo/competitive softball.

Not exactly thrilled to take 4th, but confident our team can hang with all the teams @ D in the future. So if you hoped our responses would be filled with excuses and blame towards others, you'll have to keep waiting.

Isn't it easier to just blame SchNider or use that as an excuse?

oneniner

Addicted to Softballfans
I've been avoiding this B+ thing because it's a non-issue. He wasn't B+ last year somehow before this year he was miraculously B+. If he was B+ how were we allowed to play C with him? Fargo missed it? Bismarck missed it? State missed it? Nationals missed it? Doubtful... Once we were made aware that he was B+ he petitioned down to B and was granted his B status right away. He's never played in a B tournament in his life... only guy I have ever heard of to never play B and be labeled B+... Yes he won a C national title but that does not make you B+ it makes you B. He did not play the following years with Heartland after that when they won B etc.

I understand this is all jokes and funny and we are on here just to have fun but I thought I would share what is going on here.

Ignorance is bliss.... Is it cheating if you have no idea you were cheating? Play on playa

Side note - Klevgaard did not play the following tournaments last year with us: Shakopee, State, Nationals. He did play Busch Light (Open), Mcquades (B/C tournament last year REMEMBER!?!?!), Brainerd (Allowed 1 A player on your roster), Moorhead Early Bird (Open) and that was it last year... So if your argument is that he SHOULD be B+ we didn't even break any tourney rules even if he was B+ which he wasn't and shouldn't be.

But you can agree your team should be B, amiright?

oneniner

Addicted to Softballfans
So Heartland isn't allowed to play McQuades but the Box is?

But most of Heartland can go play in a 35+ tourney at McQuades vs players who are older, slower and less competitive?

Seems smart.

TI#15

But most of Heartland can go play in a 35+ tourney at McQuades vs players who are older, slower and less competitive?

Seems smart.
It's very smart, most guys in 35+ at Mcquades will be in wheel chairs soon so they'll just speed up the process. Easy solution is don't play

gullie28

Addicted to Softballfans

Seems smart.

USA Softball doesn't have really have any sort of classification set up for Old Pro/Masters outside of like a Division 1 or Division 2 I think, so you could have all A players plus I think like 3 RPL guys on your 35+ roster which we may see something like this at the Old Pro National this year. The All Navy team may give the Heartland 35+ team a decent run at McQuades.

gullie28

Addicted to Softballfans
But you can agree your team should be B, amiright?[.

I don't agree either, unless the run rule most teams at McQuades and State in C tournaments there isn't a reason to do it unless they finish like top 3 at Nationals. I mean like 15 run all teams or most. Yes they have beat Heartland twice this year in tournaments, however they have lost to other C teams also this year. Let's see how the year finishes for The Box and go from there.

sendit69

Oneniner - why should box be B?

The Box shouldn't be a B team they should be in the Supers, dem boy's are killing it out there. Heartland doesn't belong in the same sentence as The Box. All the players on The Box should be met in the parking lot with congratulatory BJ's after every win. Haters will say I am wrong.

Heartland Hater

Extra Hitter
Guys, guys, guys. Heartland is gross this year. Watched them in Shakopee, they wouldn't even finish Top 5 in C division this year. They have some young guys but some of their guys are getting lonnnnnngggg in the tooth. My prediction is that Eugene jumps off after this year and they will be left up picking up the pieces.

MBplayer

Canadian Bat *****
I'm not sure how many guys in B or C are using our bats. But I will say this anytime I am at a tourney I have one of each weight in my bag please feel free to come say hi and you can gladly take one for a BP session or to use in a game. I'll be at Mcquades with my team Anarchy/SIS in the C, I'm #11 most in North Dakota know who I am Chad's the name. I'll also be around the Anarchy booth all weekend. But again please don't hesitate to come and chat if nothing else I love talking ball regardless. I do think once you give these bats a serious chance you'll be pleased with them. They are right there with anything top on the market.

Thanks

Chad

Bormann9

But you can agree your team should be B, amiright?

Not really... I would wait to see how McQuades, State and Nationals go... We lost 2 to MMB earlier this year, Lost to DMVW, Lost to a couple teams at Shakopee in the C, Lost to Tryon at Corky's, Lost to an Iowa D team at Corky's although they were playing C. Any team can get hot and win games that's why we play. Busch Light was our first tournament win other than some early birds. I could see if we won McQuade and State for the second year in a row and placed top 10% at nationals (Which would auto bump us anyway) where there would be an argument... But what if we don't win those? I don't think an Busch Light title justifies a class bump... my opinion.

TI#15

Not really... I would wait to see how McQuades, State and Nationals go... We lost 2 to MMB earlier this year, Lost to DMVW, Lost to a couple teams at Shakopee in the C, Lost to Tryon at Corky's, Lost to an Iowa D team at Corky's although they were playing C. Any team can get hot and win games that's why we play. Busch Light was our first tournament win other than some early birds. I could see if we won McQuade and State for the second year in a row and placed top 10% at nationals (Which would auto bump us anyway) where there would be an argument... But what if we don't win those? I don't think an Busch Light title justifies a class bump... my opinion.

Agree

ming01

DMVWinning
So people are saying Heartland should be C now, but since the Box beat them, the Box should be B. Makes sense.

gullie28

Addicted to Softballfans

Bormann- I heard Wrangham was going to request the jump to B at the classification meeting in July. But then we would have to bump up DMVW to C to replace you guys so that will just be a big pain.

sendit69

Week and a half out from McQuades! Any early predictions?

That Box is sooooo hot right now, are they the favorites?????

oneniner

Addicted to Softballfans
So people are saying Heartland should be C now, but since the Box beat them, the Box should be B. Makes sense.

Which is it?

When grampa played, if you could "compete" in a class above, whether you actually won or lost games, you were in that class. Or a D team winning a couple games in a C tourney gets bumped automatically, etc.

oneniner

Addicted to Softballfans

Acceptable.

And I don't really give a rats ass either way.

bstark28

Starting Player
Week and a half out from McQuades! Any early predictions?

That Box is sooooo hot right now, are they the favorites?????

I think it's pretty obvious that The Box is the favorite for McQuade's, and rightfully so. GS Sports from Cali finished top 5 last year, if I remember correctly, and are back again and should be a team to watch. The Bad Draw squad from Sconnie is intriguing....T-7th at Corky's earlier this year, including a close match-up with The Box. Solid field in the C, that's for sure. In D, there are probably 4-5 teams, if not more, that could win it.....Corral, DMVW, Inge's, Ground Round, MDI, Livewire, etc..... Looks like a favorable, early forecast, so hopefully the weather cooperates.