NSA 52/275 balls

tneary843

ok folks a new season for my men's league is coming up and I'm trying to figure out what is the best or I should say most durable 52/275 ball out there. Yes I know these aren't good in general but unfortunately it's the standards now for NSA and I'd like to get some that still feel after more than a few hits. Any suggestions is much appreciated.

I'm not sure what the most durable is. I don't think I've ever purchased a ball for that reason. The best .52/275s I've hit are the Tattoo, Evil, and the ZN's.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
They won't catch on here because all we have are gsl and wsl, but any just for BP balls not made like that are a waste in my opinion. Is like to see them catch on enough to at least be an option, but who knows? They should at least drive the price of leather balls back down

Bombdropper10

Addicted to Softballfans
We use nothing but zns. We have no problem hitting them out an they usually last all year too. Usually buy 60-72 an they do us for our nsa season

MarlSrSoftball

Into Semi-Retirement Still activebut not League
I really like the Nx3s. They hit well.

I've met a lot of pitchers that hate them, but I actually really like tossing them.
As a pitcher I like them. Because of rough finish can get a lot movement on the ball. They do have a different feel.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Those balls are trend, won't be around long imo.

If anything the NX3 ball will revolutionize the game. The balls are basically indestructible. If the price of them went down I could see all the leagues and tournies I know of going go them. See, regular synthetic covered balls wear out and tear easily. The NX3s don't.

Dan411

Star Player
Another vote for the NX3. We used them all last year. Incredibly durable, don't slouch in performance during the heat/humidity, and reasonably priced. We have been hitting their BP balls this spring and they are a lot of fun too!

Country469

If anything the NX3 ball will revolutionize the game. The balls are basically indestructible. If the price of them went down I could see all the leagues and tournies I know of going go them. See, regular synthetic covered balls wear out and tear easily. The NX3s don't.

The seems bust off after a while. They are harder on bats. And I don't think they will "play better" once an audit is done on them. They won't meet spec imo as the cover tricks the tester, much like the old multi layer covers did. Enjoy them for now, but the future of this ball won't have them performing as well.

tattooball

Some simple facts.
They pass all testing and have less of an impact than conventional softballs, this has been scientifically proven by 2 independent approved labs.
Associations have approved these balls across the board.
There is no cover to speak of so fooling the test is just more mis-information. Funny how all of these false informative posts come from the same person with no scientific data to support claims.
Can you show a ball that the seams busted off? We've sold tons and not 1 reported seam problem.

Seems like there is an agenda here.

Country469

I don't have them at work, cuz its snowing and softball season ended a while ago.

But yeah I agree you are totally shoving an agenda down softball players throats here.

While I got you Kevin, its really creepy how you stalk chat box conversations bro. Like that is weird to the next level.

tattooball

Not sure what any of this means other than more excuses about your agenda and false banter.

If you don't like them don't use them it really is that simple.

As for my agenda it really is simple. I answer questions truthfully about a great product.

Country469

You've had it out for me for a long time, ever since I stopped using tattoos because the paint was cheap it couldnt be read halfway through the games. What you think I do vs reality is so far off base its unreal. For real tho, the stalking of conversations is weird. Really weird. All things aside, you are good for the game of softball.

MarlSrSoftball

Into Semi-Retirement Still activebut not League
Some simple facts.
They pass all testing and have less of an impact than conventional softballs, this has been scientifically proven by 2 independent approved labs.
Associations have approved these balls across the board.
There is no cover to speak of so fooling the test is just more mis-information. Funny how all of these false informative posts come from the same person with no scientific data to support claims.
Can you show a ball that the seams busted off? We've sold tons and not 1 reported seam problem.

Seems like there is an agenda here.
I have 3 where the top layer has peeled off but they still fly.

tattooball

Frank those balls are old, nothing last's forever.

Andy really? I could care less about what ball you use.

Your credibility is shot, everyone here knows your M.O.