Official 2019 Last AB Thread

chile

Bad Ape
..I prefer my beautiful mountain solitude....

I miss CO...wasn't any solitude in Denver but it was waaaay nicer than I thought it would be coming from always living by the ocean.

If everyone could afford to live here, they absolutely would...

Yeah, the price to be here is high but the quality of life is commensurately high too...

love that area but not sure i'd want to be in SB...maybe Ventura.

he's gonna get the shenks

probably...but it'll be better than softball.

ShortYellowBus

I didn’t grow up here. I came here immediately after college.

I work really hard.

I have a wife and two kids.

I’m not doing it for status.

I do it so my kids can grow up in a safe place and go to the best schools. I’d say that’s motivation enough.

Perhaps I used the wrong example of “reasons” why. Nonetheless, I’ll never leave.

Country469

I miss CO...wasn't any solitude in Denver but it was waaaay nicer than I thought it would be coming from always living by the ocean.

love that area but not sure i'd want to be in SB...maybe Ventura.

probably...but it'll be better than softball.

you get the shanks really?

I don't do big city life anymore. I don't like the ocean either. Much prefer to be out in BFE wilderness or on a golf course

Country469

I work really hard.

I do it so my kids can grow up in a safe place and go to the best schools. I’d say that’s motivation enough.

Perhaps I used the wrong example of “reasons” why. Nonetheless, I’ll never leave.

thats all of us who are parents tho, Ive never heard a parent say otherwise.

you like warm weather and living around other people. Cool.

there are plenty of us who don't.

I'd much rather have 40 acres to ride and hunt than be able to walk to the beach in shorts in feb.

life is too complex to making asinine statements like that dude

Country469

back when i still playing I could never be on it with both. I was either golfing well or hitting well. Never did they ever blossom at the same time.

tonys1

I work really hard.

Canada is safe, come here then. You can play on my team and swing my 28oz Demon.

Redsfan

back when i still playing I could never be on it with both. I was either golfing well or hitting well. Never did they ever blossom at the same time.

This was exactly how it was for me. Playing both hurt my performance in both.That's when I took a break from softball. Figured I had a couple grand wrapped up in clubs compared to maybe $200 bucks in softball stuff. Then after playing a bunch of golf for 15-16 years I came back to softball.

chile

Bad Ape
This was exactly how it was for me. Playing both hurt my performance in both.That's when I took a break from softball. Figured I had a couple grand wrapped up in clubs compared to maybe $200 bucks in softball stuff. Then after playing a bunch of golf for 15-16 years I came back to softball.

exactly...my clubs cost way more than a few bats so i'm trying to make this worth the investment.

tonys1

how much does weed cost up there like an ounce? Idk what an ounce equates to in metric lulz

I don't know, I heard on the radio yesterday that the legal stuff from the government store can be as high as $15 a gram. Not sure if that's good or not.

yank

Addicted to Softballfans
Homerun line drive with complete rupture of my Achilles on the way to 1st..nothing like playing in the summer and rehabbing in winter.

ShortYellowBus

Homerun line drive with complete rupture of my Achilles on the way to 1st..nothing like playing in the summer and rehabbing in winter.
Sorry to hear that. Happened to me too last year.

Just go through the surgery, don’t walk for at least a week to keep the swelling down, and start the physical therapy ASAP after that.

Riding a stationary bike really got me going quickly.

My achilles is fine now and I understand that the throbbing in the back of my other lower ankle means it’s time to get a runner.

Get well soon!

yank

Addicted to Softballfans
Sorry to hear that. Happened to me too last year.

Just go through the surgery, don’t walk for at least a week to keep the swelling down, and start the physical therapy ASAP after that.

Riding a stationary bike really got me going quickly.

My achilles is fine now and I understand that the throbbing in the back of my other lower ankle means it’s time to get a runner.

Get well soon!
Thank you..had the surgery yesterday..it was shredded so bad had to do a 7" incision.

stang7222

Addicted to Softballfans
Line drive over the middle for a 2b. Runner on first fell down about 10 feet from home, got thrown out, game over, season over.