Official Glove Ho Thread Part Duece

fredderf

MiZUNo & HORWeeN LoVER
T8EdhOU.jpg

diUU5CU.jpg

defos

This one's my daughter's fault! Play It Again Sports had a 50% off any 1 item Black Friday special. I wasn't going to go because it's 15 miles across town, and there's nothing I need. But when my daughter asked me to bring my little grandson home to her, I thought, "I'll be 2/3 of the way to PIAS, so why not?" Couldn't pass on this nice HOH PRO303-6JB for $48 ($89 +tax x .50). Even the original price of $89 was surprisingly for them. It's been used a little because there was a little dirt here and there, but it wasn't used much! Seems awfully small for a glove marked 13".

101_2949.JPG 101_2951.JPG 101_2952.JPG

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
defos, haven’t been to my local PIAS in a while, it’s probably 30/35 miles from the house. I’ve walked out of there........no, I’ve ran to the car cause I felt like I was stealing something! I’ve left there 3 different times with a nice HOH that I cleaned up and gave away to a kid who needed it, best feeling ever!

Trust me, it doesn’t happen every time, most times they just have junk, lots of luck and timing involved. I bet I’ve bought 5 different Anderson Rocketechs there, gave everyone of them away, great cold weather cage bat!

defos

I've found few bargains at this store. The last one was a 30 oz Worth Supercell 2 for $8.99. Outdated for sure, but one of the best alloy bats ever made. I usually go in to sell rather than buy, and feel like I get robbed 9 out of 10 times. I don't have much in the stuff I sell them, but most of the time I don't think I got enough for my stuff. I much prefer selling at the Omaha store, but I don't get out there anymore now that I'm not driving a truck. The people in the Omaha store are happy to do business with you whether you're buying or selling. When they make you an offer, they tell you, in writing, how much they'll pay cash, how much in store credit, and how much they're going to sell it for - and that's for each item, so you can deal a little bit. In Clive, they throw out cash or credit for the lot with a more take it or leave it attitude. Could just be personalities, but they don't seem as friendly.

I might not have thought to check the gloves as well as I did, but on the way over, I remembered a very nice PP 1st base mitt the Omaha store had for $200 about a year and a half ago, and thought how good a deal that would have been at $100. I also picked up some good, slightly used slow pitch balls for $1.99 each yesterday.

mreedjr14

My local PIAS has the area on the website where you can shop online. I check once a week for steals. I got a Pro Issue A2000 DW5 2 weeks ago for $42. It's beat up but after some TLC it will end up being the steal of the year for me.

sleepin4matty

Management Material
Must be nice. The PIAS here are all way overpriced. They basically see the retail prices of stuff online then drop it by $25-30

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
New purchase. Wondering about value and any other info on this. I'm more knowledgeable about Rawlings and Easton.
B2INu1O.jpg

AevekQH

Reactions: NYC