QGE6oZrl.jpg

ya7lCo5l.jpg

tzZy3aYl.jpg

suTitVBl.jpg

j0x9ipal.jpg

wBIk86Ol.jpg

6ah8X5Zl.jpg

x4Gm0y0l.jpg
Do you or anyone else know what color leather is on that Wilson L? To me it looks too dark to be saddle tan but too light to be walnut, but it could be walnut I guess?

beeblebobble

Starting Player
Yes, but what color is it? Wilson has like 4 colors on the custom builder that all look similar.
It doesn't have a exact color equivalent on the custom builder as its just "Wilson Kip Leather" they only made them in this color and its only lasted for one run of gloves. And that run of gloves was over 10 years ago. Sure there was probably an in-house name for the color, but again its not going to have an exact equivalent on a a2k/a2000 builder which uses different leather. Just use your eyes, seriously. Go with Walnut.

Last edited:

NYC

Swag on 100.
It doesn't have a exact color equivalent on the custom builder as its just "Wilson Kip Leather" they only made them in this color and its only lasted for one run of gloves. And that run of gloves was over 10 years ago. Sure there was probably an in-house name for the color, but again its not going to have an exact equivalent on a a2k/a2000 builder which uses different leather. Just use your eyes, seriously. Go with Walnut.
I was thinking it's walnut, but maybe copper as well. I wanted to know this color specifically...
imgc_049.jpg

beeblebobble

Starting Player
I was thinking it's walnut, but maybe copper as well. I wanted to know this color specifically...
imgc_049.jpg
You can't expect to have exact color matches between leather tanned 10 and 15 years ago and what wilson does today. Black will always be black but the rest all exist in a wide range of palettes.

NYC

Swag on 100.
You can't expect to have exact color matches between leather tanned 10 and 15 years ago and what wilson does today. Black will always be black but the rest all exist in a wide range of palettes.
I know, I wanted to get as close as I can get. Even the A2K vintage tan leather from not too long ago looks different than today's.

MaverickAH

It's not white, it's cream. The stitching & the "Rawlings" on the index is white. Can't resist the leather patches.....:(:oops:

NYC

Swag on 100.
That's a super nice looking 1787 NYC!!
Thanks, I ordered it and didn't even notice that it had pro stock select leather which is only reserved for A2K's. Opened the box and jumped for joy when I saw it was made in Japan. Vintage tan Wilson leather really is something to behold. I can't wait to see how the RV 207 comes out.