Anderson, Guam
Wurzburg, Germany
Yokota, Japan
Fort Carson, CO (2.5 years when I PCS.)
now Kadena!:D

Guess I'll have to go back to full time softball!:eek:

daddy_ja

Amateur bat huer
Welcome to the island. when you going to be here? I assume you will be looking for a team?

daddy_ja

Amateur bat huer
Let me know, I play for a team sponsored by a local Pizza joint called Pizza In. If you have Facebook you can look our team up on there.

TyJack09

Addicted to Softballfans
Man, I am so jealous of you right now... I spent a year in Oki on Camp Hansen back in 03-04... Went to Iraq for a few months when I first touched down on the Island. Best tour I did in the Marine Corps...

Softball is abundant and can be played all the time... Enjoy it man... I played with a team that was sponsored by a Bar/Tatoo shop called BK's. I don't even know if they are still around but we played teams like Yellow Box, and others... Great times.

Akij987

I was born in Okinawa. Moved to the U.S. in 1990. My dad was stationed at Kadena in the early 80's, Tropical weather and beaches, ugh why do I live in MN now??

12th Man

OG COMbatant
I'm somewhat familiar with the island. We went to the Firecracker tournament every year I was at Yokota. :D

markcarranza80

Addicted to Softballfans
i was there at the bomb dump in kadena from 01-04 and i loved it. my youngest was born there in 01. hit up agentstepps, he's there now. ur so lucky

12th Man

OG COMbatant
Dem boys be working.....You still will get a chance to play a lot of ball though.

Yeah. But it's a great assignment. A guy in my shop came from there about 4 years ago. He's been trying to get back ever since. I've been at Carson for 2 years. Needless to say he's not happy:D Hopefully I'll get to move over to the STS eventually. I applied for a special duty there, but I only has 10 months time on station here, so that wasn't happening. I'm pretty stoked!

TyJack09

Addicted to Softballfans
The Firecracker was the best tourney over there in my opinion when I was over there... We went to Korea one year and played in a big tourney over there...

This was back when The Ultra was still legal in ASA... Saw a lot of crazy bombs hit over there too...

TyJack09

Addicted to Softballfans
Unfortunately the firecracker isn't what it used to be.

Really??? Thats not cool at all... Man I remember the year I played, we actually started Friday afternoon and didn't finish up with the last game for us until Sunday evening... We didn't even make it to the setback game :eek:

There were teams from everywhere playing in this tourney. Im taking Korea, Mainland, We even had teams from Hawaii, and Guam come over to play in that tournament. It was a blast. If I remember correctly, we had 2 Okinawa Local Nationals team come and play. To watch them play was insane. Their approach to the game was pretty intense but they couldn't hang once they got late into Saturday's games and start playing the better teams. Thats when the HR limit was crazy high...

BIGCOUNTRYKS

Addicted to Softballfans
OOOO burn if I picked up that many guys I would win that much too:eek Its all good we home grow our players. Whats funny is that we have beaten red and legion but never you guys lol.

UMMMMMM I HAVE NO RECOLLECTION OF PITSTERS EVER BEATING LEGION!!! REFRESH MY MEMORY CHUCK......

Aaron

12th Man

OG COMbatant
What's the off base housing policy. Is it still the one they enacted a few years ago? I remember it happening just before I left Yokota in 09. I'm a single E-6 and really don't want to get stuck in dorms.:mad:

maccamp

Addicted to Softballfans
I am glad you said it before i did Aaron. Chuck, when did this happen? Also Pizza In you really want to compare records?