Old School Single Wall Grover

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
Who remembers the Grover Silver?

22555172_1809190852426042_8248591985467754420_n.jpg

I found 4 of these NIW, 2) 27s and 2) 29 oz.

bird25

34/30 Club #25
Never got to swing the Grover. My local sporting goods store didn’t carry them and I was very happy with my team lighthouses

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
Good to know about the team lighthouse bats. Thats just another bat I cant use because of the strick adhearance to the ASA stamp rule, maybe I should buy some of the cheater decals out there. They are the new stamp, not the round one that should be on early bats, doubt any umpires or tge LDs would notice that though.....

smoke

50AAA USA National Champs
I thought that the pre-stamp bats are legal in ASA per umpire judgement??
SMOKE

westtexas

"Godfather"
I have a couple pf Powerhouse 1.5 with the fake stamps from the factory
SMOKE

I remember those bats...lol.
Team Lighthouse also had one that said exceeds 1.20 or whatever it was then. You got about 20 cuts with 47 core balls before it was a canoe paddle and you had to beat it on a light pole to make it round enough to fit through the umps ring

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
Our umpires and LDs have no judgment or knowledge. Because they have no ASA stamps they are evil and no good. We use 44/375 balls because they are too lazy and stupid to read anything. When I explainened why they were wrong, they said they checked other local leages and that they had the same rules so, they were right about the stamps, using one peice single wall bats and the wrong balls. I have some very heated E Mail exchanges with them. I even gave my team to the guy who was coaching it for me. Unfortunately, I have no where else to play, so now I am biding my time hoping to play somewhere else. Anyone have a round ASA cheater decal U can get, lol

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
Wow I keep ranting about the same thing, maybe I am losing it? What was I pisting about lol?
Smoke what are the bats you are refering to. Got any pics?

defos

I have an early Team Lighthouse that I bought when we were still hitting .47/525 Blue Dots. I've hit those in temps from 30* F to 100* F with no problems. I've also hit .44/375s and .52s with it. It was my only bat for several years. I sold it once and bought it back. It's not as lively as it once was, but it's still in good shape with only a couple of small flat spots that you can feel, but not see.

BTW, everyone fixates on the Team Lighthouse and Carl Rose bats, but all the C405P Supercells were the same bat, just different graphics. Some supposedly had different barrel lengths, but it was hard to tell the difference side by side. I've had, and still have, a bunch of them. Some didn't perform as well as others, but it was an individual bat thing, nothing to do with the model #.

I switched to Supercell 2s after my purple Wendell Rickard Supercell got too dented up to use. It was the best of the Supercell and Supercell 2s I've had. Stress marks and small flat spots can go a long time, but dents lead to more dents in a very short time. Supercell and Supercell 2s hit .47s and .44/375s as well as most any bat, and will hit .52s well too. If we hadn't switched to .52s, I never would have switched to composites, and I'm still not sure I gained much by switching. Keep in mind I don't hit as hard as I did 20 years ago, and I've not hit with the 2017 or '18 bats.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
I did not play softball from 1979 until about 1994 or so. I went straight from wood bats to double walls (my first good bat was an OG Techzilla)
then composites. I was really looking forward to using senior bats but, now find myself in single wall one piece only bats. I have had and swung most Anderson single walls and like them alot, with the One Cryo and Nanoteks being my favs. But, I know there were many good bats made before double walls and composites came along. My intention was to find some of these in good shape and hit them. Unfortunately, the leagues I play in are run by morons and they wont allow non ASA stamps so I am limited to what was made after stamps were sold......

agelesseyes

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah our league is UTrip I’m looking forward to getting that 27 Grover
Though most guys like the Gold Classic the Silver was one of my favorites

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
Yeah our league is UTrip I’m looking forward to getting that 27 Grover
Though most guys like the Gold Classic the Silver was one of my favorites

They have a real funky looking Utrip stamp, doesnt photograph well, its yellow on silver by the taper

agelesseyes

Addicted to Softballfans
Never got to swing the Grover. My local sporting goods store didn’t carry them and I was very happy with my team lighthouses

I have the 29 Grover here locally I was sent the wrong bat
If you’re interested in a NIW Grover it weighs 29.81

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
I still have one Grover left, do yous guys think the dumb asses in my league will notice if I put a ASA decal on, the newer square one?