One Bad Softball

bird25

34/30 Club #25
That's my thoughts...are you really gonna be able to sell something like that for as much time as you put into it. And if you sell it cheap enough so that people wanna buy some, then something you do for fun turns into a chore and job.

Yeah, I think that's what happened to the guy doing custom helmets. If you sell what you have already made the that's great. If you start taking custom orders then you run into deadlines for delivery and it gets to be less fun.

Jimmy34

Board Prick
Cool stuff but it did hurt me a little bit to see an Evil ball getting cut up. You are a Major talent my friend!!

That artwork will be on 12 EVIL balls for 2014, limited edition signed by artist...

EVIL balls are the ONLY ball this work should be done on...

Football bat

Starting Player
Are you serious!!!!???? This is absolutely AWESOME!! I'd buy one for sure.

PayPal Ready!

how do i get one?!?!?!?

That's an interesting question. Wondering how much an hour is worth since he put out that it takes 6+ hours to do the skull.

Great talent right there.

Awesome! I watched your video and was impressed. How about a link to where they can be purchased.

What's the cost. PM me

That's my thoughts...are you really gonna be able to sell something like that for as much time as you put into it. And if you sell it cheap enough so that people wanna buy some, then something you do for fun turns into a chore and job.

the balls will be $60 a piece. I do these in my spare time and would at least like to make $10 an hour. if they don't sell for that then no biggie. im not in it to get rich I just like doing stuff like this. I have 4 made right now (the pictures you see above, so if they don't sell im not out anything. I will make more as the order is placed and I don't do CRAZY deadlines because I cant guarantee it since I have a full time job and family. . I refuse to do it just so it doesn't become a chore and make me hate it. the day I retire from work, that may change.
Im a pipe fitter by day and make good money, and I make really good money airbrushing automotive work. its no skin off my back if they don't sell like hot cakes, but $60 isn't really that bad for a one of a kind piece of art. no 2 are the same. we as softball players waist money on way more expensive stuff just to put on our shelf just to say we have it.
I think they would be cool as a piece of a plaque or trophy, or even a paper weight on a desk at work for all the suit and tie wearers out there. I also can do team logos and such for team awards, like MVP of a tourney or rec league. I personally think the busted bat one would be awesome for homerun derby trophy, lol!! But of coarse if you want a trophy style setup it would have to cost a little more to cover material.

if you want one, Pm me or I believe Jimmy has them on his ThatWax site. I will try to do all of them on Evil balls also. it just seems fitting, but I do hate to ruin a perfectly good potential Piss Missile, LOL!!!

Thanks for all of the interest and im glad you like them. I have a ton of ideas in my noggin and plan to keep making them for fun if not for money. I will keep posting them as well

Football bat

Starting Player
Yeah, I think that's what happened to the guy doing custom helmets. If you sell what you have already made the that's great. If you start taking custom orders then you run into deadlines for delivery and it gets to be less fun.

I don't know what happened with him, maybe his vinyl cutter broke down, but with my helmets I paint I don't want deadlines that are not achievable, I just wont take the order. but if I have a couple weeks that's no biggie at all.

Football bat

Starting Player
I got a pile of cracked ultra 2's and voltages if you ever needed some bats for a project. Really nice work.

PM me what youll take for them and we may work something out. I do know it took a a lot of hard work to bust that bat in half in a vice, but that synergy was when they were made the right way, lol!! I had a crack in it running the length of the barrel about 5 inches long. it was so wide I could touched the inner wall on the opposite side through the crack with my index finger..... sucker would still hit it 350' with little ol me swinging!!

B-radical

Addicted to Softballfans
Awesome for sure. I'd like to have something done for my Dad, but I don't know what as I don't think he'd like a skull one.........

Football bat

Starting Player
Awesome for sure. I'd like to have something done for my Dad, but I don't know what as I don't think he'd like a skull one.........

I can do more than a skull, I don't have the pics anymore but I have put the general lee in a golf ball, lol!! Just think of what he would like and let me know and I'll tell ya if I think I can do it.

Football bat

Starting Player
I think they are all over the place. Search Amazon for "Flickering Tea Lights". I think they are small enough you could glue to the roof of the mouth. If you get them cheap enough, you could separate the innards from the plastic, maybe remote the on/off switch to the back of the ball.

Party stores, Michaels, other craft stores probably have tons of little lights for party favors and crap like that.

You could even make your own simple coin cell light <-- that's a simple Dark-Detecting circuit.

Even more simple: battery + resistor + LED. I think you can even get LEDs now with the right internal circuit allowing to be connected directly to various batteries (like those Photon Key chain lights, that's all they are is a coin cell + LED + plastic case).
Thanks!! I'm going to start looking into them!

Chrisklol

301' Bombs
I was going to say, as labor intensive and time consuming this is, there really isn't money to be made.
60$ a ball is real cheap considering they take 6hours or more to make. I know I wouldn't/couldn't work for 10/hr.

DemariniDrew

You Mad Bro? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
These are seriously one of the most badass pieces of art I've ever seen... And at $60/each? I'm definitely in!

Football bat

Starting Player
I was going to say, as labor intensive and time consuming this is, there really isn't money to be made.
60$ a ball is real cheap considering they take 6hours or more to make. I know I wouldn't/couldn't work for 10/hr.

I don't want to work for 10 an hour, and that's under half of what I make an hour at work, but like I said, I do this for fun and if I can make a couple of dollars while sitting at the house, oh well. $60 can buy me a dozen game balls, or a couple cases of adult beverages at my next tourney. As long as I don't have to explain to my wife why money is missing from the bank account, she is happy....... So there for I'm happy :)

Football bat

Starting Player
Thanks guys!! The skull balls are for sale on Jimmy34's ThatWax web site. If you want a special order hit me up in a pm!

order the balls here: getthatwax.com

Last edited:

Hacksaw34

Addicted to Softballfans
This is some of the coolest **** i have ever seen on this site. Thats some real talent and attention to detail

Football bat

Starting Player
Love to see some of your airbrush work on cars...just watched the video and amazed
Starting tomorrow night, I am putting some ghost style smoke flames on a candy apple red 57 Chevy Bel Air Show car, this sucker is beautiful and im a little intimidated, lol!!! I will post pics once it cleared and polished.