Opinions.........

MaverickAH

palm

web

5048 Pattern / all Navy leather / Single Post Web / Vegas Gold on the logos

What do you think? I'm thinking this or a JD8 pattern with an H Web.

NYC

Swag on 100.
palm

web

5048 Pattern / all Navy leather / Single Post Web / Vegas Gold on the logos

What do you think? I'm thinking this or a JD8 pattern with an H Web.
I asked around about navy leather and was advised against it, even though I really wanted it. I think I spoke to Wally about it, he said that it turns a grayish color after a while and you can't get it back to it's original color.
Carlos-Gomez-Rawlings-Heart-of-the-Hide-PRO303-6JN-Glove-2.jpg

MaverickAH

How old is that glove? Look at that wear on the interior. As the saying goes...….. It looks like it's been rode hard & put up wet!

I'm pretty sure that dyeing techniques have improved a lot since then. I have other navy gloves that show no signs of fading. It'll be more of a trophy glove if I decide to get it.

But you have given me something to think about...…...

NYC

Swag on 100.
How old is that glove? Look at that wear on the interior. As the saying goes...….. It looks like it's been rode hard & put up wet!

I'm pretty sure that dyeing techniques have improved a lot since then. I have other navy gloves that show no signs of fading. It'll be more of a trophy glove if I decide to get it.

But you have given me something to think about...…...
It's Carlos Gomez's glove. I used it as an example when asking @Wally Gator about his Navy pro1000. He said it started looking like that glove. I'm sure he'd be happy to chime in here. But if it's going to be a shelf piece then I doubt it will deteriorate to that extent. Personally I'd go with split grey welting and silver stamping.

ea4dc3331116e382d69e412473715844.jpg

MaverickAH

Hey Maverick, just playing around with your idea.......mocked up a Royal blue 504 with a single post / double bar. My builder must be broke?? It'll only let me choose tan lace, split gray, and Vegas gold?? Not sure what's going on there:rolleyes::rolleyes::D.View attachment 54201

Not bad! Not tying to do anything too crazy though. I generally prefer my gloves to be fairly monotone. Must be the former pitcher in me...:cool: (I just noticed. Not The Mav Man :eek:)
I do like the idea of getting the split gray though.

Here's another mock-up:
web

This time it's a JD8 in tan w/split gray. Navy on the patch & lettering. I really want a JD8 but the web options (Basket or H) suck! I might change the patch & lettering to Black. I want to keep it simple in case I decide to move it.

Last edited:

NYC

Swag on 100.
Not bad! Not tying to do anything too crazy though. I generally prefer my gloves to be fairly monotone. Must be the former pitcher in me...:cool:
I do like the idea of getting the split gray though.

Here's another mock-up:
web

This time it's a JD8 in tan w/split gray. Navy on the patch & lettering. I really want a JD8 but the web options (Basket or H) suck! I might change the patch & lettering to Black. I want to keep it simple in case I decide to move it.

Just to give you a sense of how it may look like, there was a retail 302 a couple years back that was similar...
https://www.sma****sports.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/PRO3028-6NGO_back.jpg
0028588_hoh-color-sync-125-pro-h-web_550.jpeg

MaverickAH

Man that JD8 looks like a 10 gallon fish bowl!

Looks are probably deceiving! It's still just a 12.5" pattern. Rawlings claims that it's their deepest, widest pattern so it stands to reason that some length has been sacrificed which would make it perfect for me if I decide to use it. If I get it, that is...… Right now I'm torn between this with black/gold or navy/gold accents & the PP pictured above.

Come on guys. Let's hear something!

beeblebobble

Starting Player
I dig the Bruciato with Split Grey, that's really sharp. The embossed logo and leather patches really class it up.

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
I know tastes and options are subjective and everyone likes what they like......having said that, do you like two toned gloves like the Black and Tan NP6 I just ordered?

Black shell.
Tan web of your choice.
Tan laces, tan binding.
Vegas gold stitching & embroidery.
Split gray welting.
Traditional patches.

I think it’s a classy old school look! A 504 or JD8 in that flavor would look great, at least I think so..........or you could twist those colors around some to your liking.

AND, my Timber NP7 with split gray looks insanely good, don’t forget Timber!

Hiltz

Built for comfort

A teammate of mine has a navy/red Harper model. After 2 years of use it looks bluish gray/pink.

Here's another mock-up:
web

I really like the idea of going with classic tan/brown leather and adding a splash of colour with the embroidery and patches. If you keep it and game it, the leather will develop a nice patina and the coloured bits won't fade.

I dig the Bruciato with Split Grey, that's really sharp. The embossed logo and leather patches really class it up.

This is my favourite, I LOVE the embossing on the index vs the standard embroidery. Makes it look really unique while still looking like a classic Rawlings.

MaverickAH

I know tastes and options are subjective and everyone likes what they like......having said that, do you like two toned gloves like the Black and Tan NP6 I just ordered?

Black shell.
Tan web of your choice.
Tan laces, tan binding.
Vegas gold stitching & embroidery.
Split gray welting.
Traditional patches.

I think it’s a classy old school look! A 504 or JD8 in that flavor would look great, at least I think so..........or you could twist those colors around some to your liking.

AND, my Timber NP7 with split gray looks insanely good, don’t forget Timber!

A teammate of mine has a navy/red Harper model. After 2 years of use it looks bluish gray/pink.

I really like the idea of going with classic tan/brown leather and adding a splash of colour with the embroidery and patches. If you keep it and game it, the leather will develop a nice patina and the coloured bits won't fade.

This is my favourite, I LOVE the embossing on the index vs the standard embroidery. Makes it look really unique while still looking like a classic Rawlings.

Okay, colored leather is out!

Although I do own some two-toned gloves, it's not my preference. The most I'd do is the tan leather throughout with black laces & split black welting.

The stock PP in Bruciato with leather patches is really calling out to me though. It's unique, new & I don't feel like enduring the wait for a custom. That's the route I'm taking. This time...….. ;)

BTW...….. How long do you think it'll be before Rawlings offers leather patches as an option on their custom builder, if ever?

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
The higher powers that be decided it would be a great, very productive:rolleyes: day to open, you know with all our vendors, insurance companies, and just about everyone else with sense........closed!!!

Maverick, don't be surprised if I bombard you with mock ups today;).

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
On 12.5" sized gloves we're pretty limited on web options.......or at least webs I like:D. Wish Rawlings offered a single post / double bar web with a base like on my old XLO.

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
JD8 with a H-web.

Timberglaze, primo burgandy patches, split gray, Vegas gold stitching, black embroidery, dark tan laces. I know there's several different colors going on here but I love the black embroidery on the Timberglaze like on Arenado's glove.

***Could also do split black on this one!download (4).png

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
Straight old school 302 with a H-web, pretty easy to figure out the options I chose!download (5).png

Last edited: