Orange ASA Combat Derby Boys Question

tony3425

Addicted to Softballfans
A buddy of mine just ordered this bat. after about a 50-75 hit BP session, we noticed not only some endcap seperation, but a small quarter inch crack coming down from the end of the barrel. is this the norm with these bats? if so and it doesnt hold up, what are the recommendations for a replacement. Thanks in advance.

Fishstick5

Addicted to Softballfans
Some end cap separation seems to be the norm but to me the ASA wanted and db have been very durable.
I would try the wanted or dirty if they let you get that

NDshotokan

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Wanted is not durable if you hit 44/375s

The Wanted 275 isn't because it's not recommended to be used with those balls. However, the Wanted ASA has proven to be quite durable. I've got over 200 cuts on mine already with a mix of 375's and 525's and it's just got a bit of webbing. Not really broken in yet.

ShaneDuncan

Addicted to Softballfans
Wanted is not durable if you hit 44/375s

Their have been some mixed reviews on this.

My 27oz has about 300 hits with 52/300's and around 300 with Evil BP Rockets. So far other than paint chipping it shows no signs of wear. I'm no complete masher but I can hit decently hard :D

Wanted 275 however would not hold up at all with the harder balls.

BigWhiffa

Underwear Researcher
my db asa is all sorts of webbed up after about 200 swings. no endcap sep at all and no tire tracking. i can hit a ball about 280-330 pretty regularly so i'm not a masher by any stretch of the imagination.

Sickboyz7

Addicted to Softballfans
My Asa db switched gears tonight...after about 100 cuts I finally heard that loud wood crack you all have been talking about....ball explodes off this bat hope it lasts awhile

2bs-into-1bs

I hit like a little girl.
my db asa is all sorts of webbed up after about 200 swings. no endcap sep at all and no tire tracking. i can hit a ball about 280-330 pretty regularly so i'm not a masher by any stretch of the imagination.

Don't sell yourself short. I've played with you and you are a masher...compared to me.:D