Outing homerun derby "businessmen"

frontagerdmaui

White Samoan
I don't need a cheater bat to hurt an infield player. I roll my bats to make them last longer. Not for performance enhancement. Call it cheating all day long. But if I take the field against you and you refuse to play because of my bats, I will call you out as a *****.

TonyB

Addicted to Softballfans
It doesn't matter why you do it. It is a performance enhancement, and it is cheating.

frontagerdmaui

White Samoan
It doesn't matter why you do it. It is a performance enhancement, and it is cheating.

And you, my friend, are a little ***** if you are gonna cry about a rolled bat. Are you SERIOUSLY the type of person who would walk up to the Ump or TD and single a guy out for rolling bats?

I will bet that every single person on here bitching about a rolled bat being illegal, does something that is against the rules on a daily basis that doesn't affect anyone. Speeding, Taxes, milk the time clock or just being on SBF at work detracts from your performance at work. I will bet at least half of you smoot mother****ers judging me for a rolled bat took more than a penny or two out of the cup. Remember the rule "Need a penny, take one need two? Get a job."

TonyB

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm not crying about a rolled bat. I'm telling you that you're cheating. Swing away, but don't think it's not giving you an unfair advantage over those of us that aren't cheating.

frontagerdmaui

White Samoan
Let's just say... for conversation sake. And it CAN be done. That someone built an automated machine that would put a legal stamped ball on a tee, and a mechanical swing arm designed to hit the ball in a particular spot working the barrel up and down and twisting the bat so it was hit evenly on all sides to create a perfectly evenly broken in bat with no BP or Game use. Would that be OK with you whiners? What if I was that guy and had the machine? Am I the ******* who charges for my service to give you a legal evenly broken in bat? Somehow you would find it illegal and label me the cheater cause I don't live in my parents basement and have time to BP and hit the gym 5 times a week and you don't want us uncommitted players to have an equal footing...

Or is it that you losers don't make enough $$$ to buy these top bats or can't afford these services because the mini mart won't buck up that extra $1.85 an hour?

frontagerdmaui

White Samoan
I'm not crying about a rolled bat. I'm telling you that you're cheating. Swing away, but don't think it's not giving you an unfair advantage over those of us that aren't cheating.

If you are typing this at work, you are a hypocrite. You are cheating your company. Oh. Here it comes. "I am my OWN boss".....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

TonyB

Addicted to Softballfans
That sounds legal (as long as it doesn't swing too fast) because it isn't being subjected to the higher pressures of rolling or vicing.

Livestrong63

Addicted to Softballfans
I wouldn't call out a cheater bat unless someone got blown up by one and it meant getting their medical bills and time off work taken care of.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
ASA, pg.5 towards the bottom. This is exactly what I'm referring too, can be argued to silliness over things that don't matter.

I have my doubts about the finger pointers and the legitimacy of their claims to never having swung a dirty bat and condemning those that have. Sounds a lot like current politicians, holier than thou yet crooked church officials, and various other hypocrites. If you're into softball enough to find this sight and try different things to get better, chances are curiosity has gotten the better of you and you've tried dirty bats.

The ASA rule book is no longer on line so I have no idea what you're talking about.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
OK... I actually did chuckle a bit....:)

Nobody is whining. You're a cheater though. You said you weren't, and you are. What you do is against the rules. Where did I say I've never cheated? One thing I did say, and I'll say again, I've never paid to cheat. Even if you know the roller and don't have to pay for the service or to borrow his machine, someone paid for it. I don't have to pay to not contact the rubber when I release a pitch.

I don't need a cheater bat to hurt an infield player. I roll my bats to make them last longer. Not for performance enhancement. Call it cheating all day long. But if I take the field against you and you refuse to play because of my bats, I will call you out as a *****.

And you, my friend, are a little ***** if you are gonna cry about a rolled bat. Are you SERIOUSLY the type of person who would walk up to the Ump or TD and single a guy out for rolling bats?

I will bet that every single person on here bitching about a rolled bat being illegal, does something that is against the rules on a daily basis that doesn't affect anyone. Speeding, Taxes, milk the time clock or just being on SBF at work detracts from your performance at work. I will bet at least half of you smoot mother****ers judging me for a rolled bat took more than a penny or two out of the cup. Remember the rule "Need a penny, take one need two? Get a job."

make all the excuses you want.....rolling is illegal per all assoc's,so if you roll it...your cheating.......and yes rolling enhances your bat.by making the sweet spot larger on your bat...and it also TAKES life from your bat....please get an education on bat rolling please....:rolleyes:

frontagerdmaui

White Samoan
who gives a ****...i mean really

^^^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

And explain why I have bats that are 8 yrs old that are rattling and hot as hell but haven't cracked yet? Not just mine. I have some friends who mash and haven't broke their bats either that I have sold them.

Holy ****. Did a Softball Player from TEXAS just call ME a cheater? Pot... meet Kettle.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
I don't condone rolling a bat or try to say it's not cheating but I've hit rolled bats vs bats I've broken in with high compression balls (44/525's and previously approved). The bats broken in with hard balls have been hotter. Can a rolled bat get hotter than a bp'd bat once the rolled bat has seen a lot of hits or is it just a quicker way to get the same results?

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

And explain why I have bats that are 8 yrs old that are rattling and hot as hell but haven't cracked yet? Not just mine. I have some friends who mash and haven't broke their bats either that I have sold them.

Holy ****. Did a Softball Player from TEXAS just call ME a cheater? Pot... meet Kettle.

He also said please twice! My guesses are you don't hit as hard as you think and your friend doesn't mash. :D I know a lot of guys that hit the ball in the face every time that break a lot of bats, but don't hit as far as guys that know how to spin it.

I don't condone rolling a bat or try to say it's not cheating but I've hit rolled bats vs bats I've broken in with high compression balls (44/525's and previously approved). The bats broken in with hard balls have been hotter. Can a rolled bat get hotter than a bp'd bat once the rolled bat has seen a lot of hits or is it just a quicker way to get the same results?

All bats are different IMO. I had a bat rolled because I didn't swing it and I wanted to see what the deal was. Nothing (it was an Easton). Had it rolled again, nothing. The guy rolling it was not a pro BTW, so I had him crank the heck out of it again and all it did was create ridges all around it like the old Bud Ice cans. I hit it in bp, and it wasn't even as hot as my older one of the same model that had a ton of hits on it.

Worths and Mikens are a different story IMO. I don't know anything about ASA, but their UTrip bats used to be flat out disgusting if rolled, and the entire barrel would be hot. I also think they SEEM to last longer because you no longer bp them and they're just used for game swings. Now Shrimp's original method that mostly worked on Mizunos? I believe that might have, but not this hack job people are doing with ebay purchased rollers.