P90x2

Shockers 12

Addicted to Softballfans
Just wondering if anyone else started this or has been doing this? What are your thoughts?

I started this past Sunday and like the setup so far. The main focus of the first phase is strengthening up the core and I'm certainly getting that.

Tiger Fitness

Addicted to Softballfans
For functional fitness and losing fat, AWESOME STUFF! For lean mass building, not the best. But for performance, it is good!

redbirdfan1

Focker
I learned so far:

Im apparently uncoordinated
My core is complete ****.

Last edited by a moderator:

BNJ13

WorldVentures
I started this past Sunday as well. I like the set up so far. I wouldn't say its harder than P90X, but definitely different in the motions. The moves are more complex - like adding 2 different exercises to each component. In the first phase, not nearly as much focus on blowing out a muscle group (chest, back, tri's, bi's, etc). I think that comes in phase 2.

Shockers 12

Addicted to Softballfans
how is the new p90x? i assume its still based on muscle confusion??

Yes it's still based on muscle confusion.
Phase 1 is designed around building a foundation i.e. a ton of core work. All I have left of week 1 is the Recovery & Mobility workout but my core definitely feels stronger.
Phase 2 will be building up your strength through more isolation workouts.
Phase 3 is called Performance and is designed using P.A.P., or Post-Activation Potentiation which helps develop athleticism.

I'm truly looking forward to Phase 3 because it will be right before the season starts!!

Shockers 12

Addicted to Softballfans
I started this past Sunday as well. I like the set up so far. I wouldn't say its harder than P90X, but definitely different in the motions. The moves are more complex - like adding 2 different exercises to each component. In the first phase, not nearly as much focus on blowing out a muscle group (chest, back, tri's, bi's, etc). I think that comes in phase 2.

I agree it's not really harder than P90X but all the new movements are an adjustment to get used to, well at least for me. I spent the majority of this week on trying to get the form of the exercises. I'm hoping next week the workouts will be more intense because I'll know what I'm doing!

BNJ13

WorldVentures
I agree it's not really harder than P90X but all the new movements are an adjustment to get used to, well at least for me. I spent the majority of this week on trying to get the form of the exercises. I'm hoping next week the workouts will be more intense because I'll know what I'm doing!

I dont have a problem with the intensity...I'm burning at 90% heart rate sometimes, just dripping sweat. More than I did in P90X

Scott P

Starting Player
I started my second full round of P90X at the end of November so I could be ready for X2. I just thought I would need more strength. I'm doing X2 Yoga now, but that is the only DVD I've seen I was thinking about subbing in Plyocide, for Plyo but haven't made that leap yet.

redbirdfan1

Focker
I started my second full round of P90X at the end of November so I could be ready for X2. I just thought I would need more strength. I'm doing X2 Yoga now, but that is the only DVD I've seen I was thinking about subbing in Plyocide, for Plyo but haven't made that leap yet.
I'd really make sure you hit the ab ripper hard a couple times a week. just sayn

Thejenks

Star Player
if anyone is interested i have three of the Regular P90X sets for sale $75 a piece, need help with medical bills and will overnight if that gets you to buy them.

BIGPAPA33

ULTRA MEGA
Done 8 rounds of p90x and will be starting the p90x2 the first wek of feb. Hopefully its as good as the first.