Phoenix SuperDraft - 3/24/12 - Official Thread Info

Mohave1

Frybread and Palinka!
I offer up devil dog as a coach selection. How does the drafting process work?

Online meeting/conference call. Pick order is selected @ random. Then goes in that order starting with highest ranking players, when it gets to the last coach, the pick order is reversed.

GNOLAUM

*insert dope custom title here
so what bats are being swung for the HR derby? What can be swung is more the question.

dychen

Phoenix SuperDraft
HR Derby is same rules, no shaved/altered/senior bats. Bring your hottest about to be banned and broken in 2 pieces usssa if you want. LOL

Mohave1

Frybread and Palinka!
HR Derby is same rules, no shaved/altered/senior bats. Bring your hottest about to be banned and broken in 2 pieces usssa if you want. LOL

what's the hottest asa bat? :D

Are we full for this? are you gonna email out the player list for the draft? :D lol

firemanbutch

~Brag Post~ ;)
Hey Dychen, shoot me a pm or post in here where/when the BP session will be that friday afternoon. Chris and I will definately be there. I have a bag of balls as well. I should be in town by 130 at the latest. Chris will be there Wednesday or Thursday.

GNOLAUM

*insert dope custom title here
another question, in the email it states the HR derby will be at 6 PM but how about the middle shot? What time is that kickin off?

Mohave1

Frybread and Palinka!
another question, in the email it states the HR derby will be at 6 PM but how about the middle shot? What time is that kickin off?

middle shot starts whenever chuck starts pitching... :rolleyes: :D lol I'm sure Chenner's working out schedules for everything.

dychen

Phoenix SuperDraft
Actually, the derby starts at 7....signups start at 530 then warm up bp starts at 6.....IJS :rolleyes:

Correct, guys always walk in late. I will be at the field around 5 to 5:30 and bring the net and balls. We don't actually have the field till 6pm. So if there are kids there we can't get on the field till then (they get priority per the city). But there is an open field behind the actual ballfield. So I'll let everyone who wants to take some practice swings while, I get settled in and take sign-ups. We will start around 7pm with the HR Derby. If it's like last year I expect 25 to 30 guys to participate. If we have an odd number I'll throw myself in as a sacrificial lamb to balance out the bracket. :(

I just ask that once again since I am basically a 1 man crew, that guys help shag balls so that we can keep everything rolling along. I will bring about 50 of the Ultimate Evils so there is no reason why we can't get at least 10 balls in for the next batter to go immediately once someone finishes.

Middle shot will either take place after HR Derby or between the rounds. Depending on how things go.

Last edited:

ShortBus_35

Sofa-King We Todd Id
middle shot starts whenever chuck starts pitching... :rolleyes: :D lol .

Wat u mean, u no like low and outside pitches

LOLCAT.jpg

ShortBus_35

Sofa-King We Todd Id
Were any of the Yuma guys going to coach?

We have seven confirmed coaches (9 if you include Chenner and I drafting). If we do not have enough people volunteer to coach, you guys may end up with "Automated" teams. Teams auto-drafted by the remaining coaches to complete the process.

pearljamfan32

Addicted to Softballfans
Were any of the Yuma guys going to coach?

We have seven confirmed coaches (9 if you include Chenner and I drafting). If we do not have enough people volunteer to coach, you guys may end up with "Automated" teams. Teams auto-drafted by the remaining coaches to complete the process.

coaching sounds like a lot of work :cool:

ShortBus_35

Sofa-King We Todd Id
coaching sounds like a lot of work :cool:

If you were on Mohave's team it probably "LOOKED" like a lot of work. :rolleyes:

Realistically it's drafting the team and being a "point" person on Saturday. The majority of the guys playing just care about having fun and playing ball.