Pitchers, when is it enough?

Raider4Life

The Sexy Veteran
You can tell how tight a team is by how quick they back up their pitcher. A couple of my teams the second time they hit middle on our pitcher the next time we hit 3-4 balls are sent back through the box. others i dont retaliate. Best way to stop them from hitting middle is to snap a couple off

That's how you tell how gay and REC league a team is. If you shoot up the middle with the intention of hurting a pitcher...you're a *** and there is no way in hell you would ever play with me.

Bon

Addicted to Softballfans
I think shooting middle on purpose to hurt somebody is pretty bush league.

i agree...but at the same time if it happens i still go with the philosophy of get the win to shut them up...

BROE

Addicted to Softballfans
i agree...but at the same time if it happens i still go with the philosophy of get the win to shut them up...

Exactly. If you are concentrating on getting "revenge" you will probably end up ****ting the bed, and come out with an L.

AWall13

Addicted to Softballfans
That's how you tell how gay and REC league a team is. If you shoot up the middle with the intention of hurting a pitcher...you're a *** and there is no way in hell you would ever play with me.

my dad and uncle pitch for us and if a team hits multiple balls at them and i know theyre good enough to stay out of the middle you can guarantee im sending one back up that way. Retaliation shots are low hard hit balls. Im not stupid. Im not gonna head hunt. Half the time when Im on other teams and they start hitting the gut I volunteer to pitch to stop it

Bon

Addicted to Softballfans
Exactly. If you are concentrating on getting "revenge" you will probably end up ****ting the bed, and come out with an L.

seen enough guys get pissed, go up to bat and either pop up, or hit a squibber...which only pisses them off even more...

Bon

Addicted to Softballfans
pretty much a full time 1st basemen on my mens team. play all over the place in co-ed.

dang...i pictured you as more mobile...vacuum if you will...i'll stick to 3b, i don't want to be digging the throws people like me make over to 1b

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
dang...i pictured you as more mobile...vacuum if you will...i'll stick to 3b, i don't want to be digging the throws people like me make over to 1b

i'm 230lbs and not very mobile. i used to play 2nd but have been at 1st the passed 2 yrs. i can dig like a mofo.

Our team hits alot of middle.. 5-10 shots a game atleast, sometimes way more. The thing is we dont ***** and cry when teams hit it back at us... Its part of the game. Hitting middle is a good tactic.
A. easy base hits
B. if the other team gets pissed, you get in their heads... you win
C. You have a good pitcher that can shut it down or play a 5 man infield they play into your hand... you win.

We dont do it to rec teams, just tourneys.

Bon

Addicted to Softballfans
i'm 230lbs and not very mobile. i used to play 2nd but have been at 1st the passed 2 yrs. i can dig like a mofo.

well i've got you by 15lbs...sitting at 245 here...but my height helps spread it out a little...

well when you make it this way you'll be digging out anything i send to 1b...

rlopezjr1977

King EUUUUPPPPP
I for one would never pitch but I have nothing but respect for my pitchers and other guys that pitch. If guys start shooting middle on my pitcher he knows he does not even have to ask me as it will be returned to sender hard to send a message. Some guys that pitch for me don't care and some will get heated if it happens over and over again.

Bon

Addicted to Softballfans
I for one would never pitch but I have nothing but respect for my pitchers and other guys that pitch. If guys start shooting middle on my pitcher he knows he does not even have to ask me as it will be returned to sender hard to send a message. Some guys that pitch for me don't care and some will get heated if it happens over and over again.

does this help, or just heat the situation up further? personally i "try" doing that and it's a pop-up for sure...but then again i'm no A player obviously...

Raider4Life

The Sexy Veteran
Our team hits alot of middle.. 5-10 shots a game atleast, sometimes way more. The thing is we dont ***** and cry when teams hit it back at us... Its part of the game. Hitting middle is a good tactic.
A. easy base hits
B. if the other team gets pissed, you get in their heads... you win
C. You have a good pitcher that can shut it down or play a 5 man infield they play into your hand... you win.

We dont do it to rec teams, just tourneys.

Big difference between trying to hit by or through a pitcher...I hit middle more than 50% of the time and I have only hit two pitchers in 33 years and both were in the shins...not counting gloves...I have hit countless gloves :eek:

riotact

don't pitch, learn to hit
Part of the game ... I really do want it hit at me. As for the team not backing me up, as long as we win doing what we do, why be upset ?

I agree. You got a glove don't you....you should be begging for the ball to come to you :rolleyes:

Maizen

Addicted to Softballfans
I always get uncomfortable when a player hits the ball up the middle and then apologizes while on base. I pitch and I feel like the middle is part of the field. Have said that I also don't pitch in an A division with shaved bats.

TastySalami

Addicted to Softballfans
I always get uncomfortable when a player hits the ball up the middle and then apologizes while on base. I pitch and I feel like the middle is part of the field. Have said that I also don't pitch in an A division with shaved bats.

We are in a laid back league and I always at least give the pitcher a nod or something so he doesn't think its intentional. Some guys are hot heads and think every middle shot is intentional. We keep it breezy.

Maizen

Addicted to Softballfans
Most guys in our league would never hit back up the middle to hurt a pitcher. I kind of like it, gives me a chance to field some balls .

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
So, anyhow.

I pitch for my team, and I get shot middle maybe twice a game. Now, I know that it's not always on purpose, and that sometimes there's a beef behind it.

Do you get pissed when your team doesn't back you up? It pisses me off beyond belief when I don't see my boys taking a pot shot back to the other pitcher.

Not trolling, dead serious here.

I can do it myself if I need to.

bbomber4

Addicted to Softballfans
It's part of the field, get used to it, especially once the HRs are gone. If you don't like it, play OF or fire back when you get up.

jlsjls020105

Addicted to Softballfans
first thing is if its on purpose and ya hear it before ya pitch the ball, then make sure they know that if its purposely for those that know how to hit up the middle, then they better be protecting their coconut going to first....lol...

but seriously, if ya that worried about getting hit, then dont pitch, or get protection, or learn how to pitch and recognize who can hit, where certain guys like the ball or know that some guys are that good and can hit anything...and if ya think you are pitching great and can anyone out, youre dead wrong cause your grill is going to get messed up.... esp with the guys who think they can play, cant hit and drill the ball back at ya... .i pitch and wear catcher leg protection, nutty buddy and worth pitchers mask; i know the risks of playing, i dont care and just play the game with no bitchin.....again if ya dont like it go play bowling ya puss

Last edited:

jlsjls020105

Addicted to Softballfans
Most guys in our league would never hit back up the middle to hurt a pitcher. I kind of like it, gives me a chance to field some balls .

and like he said...i hope they hit it back to me cause with the protection gear i wear, im like a goalie(6th infielder) waiting for a ball to get hit to me middle...

GO MIDDLE! I DARE YA....hehehehe