Playoff prediction thread: broken tibia's for some, mini american flags for others

RustyShakleford

NFC
NYG v GB - GB
GB at home in Jan and they are rolling

Det v Sea - Sea
Sea at home, too much of an advantage

GB v Dal - GB
Dak shows his rookieness early. JJ personally puts in Romo at halftime who does his typical Romo playoff thing

Sea v Atl - Atl
Sea is mediocre on the road

GB v Atl - Atl
Highest scoring NFC title game ever. Atl 45 - GB 42 in OT

AFC
Oak v Hou - Hou
Oak is lost without Carr. Hou cause someone has to win

Mia v Pit - Pit
Pit wins at home in Jan

Hou v NE - NE
NE wins. I know it, you know it, Hou knows it.

Pit v KC - Pit
KC is the pocket full of rubs of the NFL. Whatever black magic they've had for the regular season its over now. Andy Reid has a Herm Edwards/Dennis Green breakdown in the post game news conference, has the long overdue heart attack and retires. Chiefs hire Chip Kelly

Pit v NE - NE
One of the best playoff games in recent history. NE 21 - Pit 17

Superbowl
NE v Atl - Atl
Matt Ryan gets his first ring. Atl 28 - NE 14

hrdchrgin13

NFC
NYG v GB - GB
GB (what he said + Montgomery ain't to bad and cmike)

Det v Sea - Sea
I'm picking the Seahawks even tho I have a gut feeling they **** the bed with more sideline fighting, Stafford gives them the business

GB v Dal - GB
The boys will not win this game regardless of opponent

Sea v Atl - Atl
Sea is mediocre on the road and the Falcons are still salty af from a couple months ago

GB v Atl - Atl
Highest scoring NFC title game ever. Atl 45 - GB 42 in OT Very much a possibility

AFC
Oak v Hou - Oak
Who has the better kicker?

Mia v Pit - Pit
Suh gets in a throat chop in the loss

Hou v NE - NE
NE wins. outcome remains the same no matter the opponent

Pit v KC - Pit
Pit because **** primo

Pit v NE - NE
NE 35-31

Superbowl
NE v Atl - NE
so many points 48-44 NE shenko chokes on a footlong sonic coney pretending it belongs to Brady

3XC

Big Truss
NE is quietly a great scoring defense, doubt anyone would put 28 on them without turnovers or special teams plays.

I actually like Joker's picks aside from GB/DAL. I honestly think Dallas would run the ball down their throat. GB couldn't stop Zach Zenner, who must have an off brand 9 volt battery running his heart. Thats back to back weeks he came out, ran for like 6 yards a pop, and then checked out in the second half. Either its the worst coaching/play calling imaginable, or he's just a snatch. I think he's a snatch.

You beat Rodgers the same way you beat any other elite QB. Brady, whoever. You win TOP and you keep their offense off the field by converting third downs. Dallas is the best in the NFL at getting makeable, short third down distances. 3rd and 2 or whatever. Yeah, the numbers talk about converting those, but I don't know of a stat that talks about what you do on second down to set that up. They're the best in the NFL (along with NE) at setting up makeable third downs. None of this Ravens 3rd and 10 bull**** because of drops and procedural penalties and ****ty inside runs that get a yard.

Country469

We'll take someone stupid. Hire and other awful coach. Resign Jay Cutler to a max deal. Notre Dame and Bears fan, born in 84. At least I was alive for the only memories we have.

3XC

Big Truss
Tennessee has picks #5 and #18, decent core, QB looks very franchisey, Henry will improve, D line is stout, weak division.

I realize Oakland (after a humiliating one and done) and Tampa (flashier) will be on everyone's 2017 watch list, but my hunch says Tennessee in 2017. 10 or even 11 wins and a division crown.

Its never too early to make stupid predictions.

3XC

Big Truss
Dolphins are butt and didn't even get worse when Tannehill went down, but didn't get better either. They got the short end of the "Who gets to play neutered Oakland" and has to play a a much tougher team in a much tougher place to play. I hope they win of course but they won't.

Sad when you have a team that is identical with the QB1 or QB2. NE went from best team in football to "shut out by the Bills at home" when they went from Brady to Brissett. Miami is like, the same team with Tannehill and Moore, because both are backup caliber guys.

I can't believe Houston is going to win a playoff game. Its astonishing that the AFC has three profoundly ****ty teams in the playoffs, but to be fair, Oakland would have been good with Carr.

3XC

Big Truss
No chance. Hurt McGloin, who looked bad, or Connor Cook's first ever NFL start, on the road to boot. Either way.

Sucks, because the QB we all wish had gotten his leg broken is Brady, Ben a close second, but Ben would play with a broken leg.

hbwb

~~~~~~~~~~~~
if the titans get that secondary fixed (and they will) they are going to be a lot tougher. as is some joe like luck can just come in there and carve him a big slab of turkey sammich and have a feast.

they have the picks to do it and i read it was a deep draft for db's.

3XC

Big Truss
refs wouldn't allow anyone to get near brady's legs

Often as not its a non contact ACL tear or a O lineman gets pushed/rolls up his QB. Flacco was never touched by a defender, his lineman got pushed into him and it was his own guy that tore his knee up.

Anyway, we all miss Bernard Pollard a lot and I hope he becomes an air traffic controller in Boston and finishes the job. Get all 53 and the coaches too for the ultra combooooooooooooo.

hbwb

~~~~~~~~~~~~
either north team would get crushed by dallas but they would probably lose to any other if they stick with dak. romo in the wings has some rust built up on him but i do not think jerry would hesitate to yank the rookie.

vs gb like 3 said dallas would run all over them much like tn did. dallas has already trounced detroit who will not get out of seattle alive because the criminals in stripes will steal you blind if need be.

i'll try to throw in my predictions later for the first set of games.

3XC

Big Truss
Lions your average 9-7 lucky to get in team. 0-3 the last 3 weeks against 3 playoff teams. Dallas blew them out, badly. Average on both sides of the ball.

Seattle good enough to beat them on a neutral field. There is no need for ref chicanery at all. That will come into play later on.

hbwb

~~~~~~~~~~~~
yah but seattle only has one home game and i had to throw that out there how they get mad home cooking. you can't out ref dallas doe and the league wants them back in it so look for some bizarro world type stuff in their games if need be.

RustyShakleford

if its close late in the game, there will be a play where tate or jones gets chucked by sherman or chancellor and no call is made

3XC

Big Truss
Dallas is absolutely going to get bonkers calls if they fall behind. Maybe if they're playing Green Bay the NFL might dial it down from a 9 to like, a 6, but yes, the NFL accountants put the spreadsheet in front of Ol' Rog and told him how much everyone will make if Dallas is in the Super Bowl.