Playoff prediction thread: broken tibia's for some, mini american flags for others

mcm21078

Addicted to Softballfans
ESPN paid $100 mil to televise a playoff game and they got OAK-HOU. They figure to lose about 60-70 million.

ntz

tricknollegy
i don't think any of those numbers are even remotely accurate, but in all honesty i have no idea

3XC

Big Truss
100 mil for one game is probably false. I would say almost certainly false.

Also, it might be a good game. 45-0 blowouts are bad games, a 33-30 game with all kinds of crazy special teams blocks and returns and Hopkins/Cooper both going off would be very entertaining. Teams are evenly matched. Just because these two teams combined have a 0% chance of winning the super bowl doesn't mean this particular game will stink.

mcm21078

Addicted to Softballfans
OK nevermind. They are printing money with that Saturday afternoon OAK-HOU match-up. Everything is awesome.

ntz

tricknollegy
there are only two options. everything is the best in all possible worlds. or the house of cards is falling in on itself. there is no other option.

RustyShakleford

a good article would have said how much they would have made if the matchup and timeslot were better. or maybe there is no difference

ntz

tricknollegy
they don't know. there is no possible way they could find out how much ESPN will make off this game. They also don't know how much they pay for these rights. But they had a story they wanted to tell, so they made up some numbers to go along with it. it's not like anyone from ESPN is going to say, no you're wrong. what's the point. you just ignore it and keep on moving

ntz

tricknollegy
there's like ten people at this company that know the real answers to these questions, and they're not telling anyone anything. no other network would disclose this info anyway. why would you

3XC

Big Truss
ESPN pays 1.9B a year for their full suite of NFL games, including all the Monday Night games and one playoff game. There isn't a separate 100m dollar contract to air one playoff game.

3XC

Big Truss
he's a radio host on fox sports radio that likes to take shots at ESPN
You should call in and 360 no-scope him and leave a dookie ring on the studio walls.

"Actually, guy, I work for ESPN and you're full of ****."

ntz

tricknollegy
they also come up with a estimated audience ahead of time and sell that. they don't "lose" money. if the game ends up under performing they owe advertisers "money" by giving them more spots. all networks do this.