Possible softball news

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
YES !! the number had be pumped up and so misleading, also 24 hours a day that is all you hear and watch on TV is the new cases and deaths! The media did a really good job in putting out nothing but lies and fear !

Based on what exactly?

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Come on now, it's 2020 - "it's from March 8"... how much did they learn about masks in 45 days that they're now almost mandated? The guy laughed at the idea in March. Host even said, are you sure because everyone is listening.

Yes, and he specifically says it gives a false sense of security. When you think of masks, think healthcare workers and sick people. Whatever this stupid group is tried to pull this out of context, and still provided enough context for a reasonable person to understand the point and purpose of masks.

If masks didn't provide a layer of protection, and do something to slow the spread, then healthcare workers wouldn't wear them, and sick people wouldn't be required to wear them at all times.

It's not that we learned anything since March 8th about masks, it's that the douchebags that were depleting our stockpiles have been stopped, or at least to an extent.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
You did not read what Redsfan stated ? This is now coming out with real and raw data that the numbers have been pumped up it was even on the CDC wedsite and they took it down the next day.
You sound like you've been listening to that dipstick on YouTube.

I can remember when conspiracy theorists were at least smart enough to cover their faces. If there was any truth to that it would definitely not be on YouTube, and he'd definitely not be letting everyone see his face.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Problem is there is way too much misinformation. Politicians, doctors, and news sources all seem to not know what the hell is really going on. They flip flop back and forth on what is the right thing to do. So how will we know what is the right thing to do?

Hospitals are being told by the government they will get more funding per the amount of Covid cases they report. They also are told to put the cause of death as Covid as long as you have it in your system. This was told to me by an administrator at a large hospital in Columbus. She told me about a guy that died of a heart attack that they had to put Covid as the cause but he had no symptoms, just the antibodies. So more than likely the true numbers are not what we are seeing on the news. Could be much higher or lower. A very small percentage of people have been tested.

Obviously many of you know people that have got the disease but I personally don't know anybody that has contracted it. None of the people I work with know anyone with Covid. My sister lives in Florida and she doesn't either. You just don't know what to believe and that is the most frustrating part.

I agree with this entirely. The misinformation is out of control. Wear a mask, don't wear a mask? Who the hell knows anymore? Hospitals are definitely "cooking the books" on corona stats. Anymore it doesn't matter what you die of, they'll find a way to tie it to corona. I don't personally know anyone who's had the disease either, and no one I know has been adversely affected by it.

I don't trust a word of news coverage about corona anymore though. Entirely too much BS and back tracking to make sense of.

I think one of the things health officials have learned since March 8 is that COVID19 can be contagious before outward signs of infection are displayed. This is one of the differences between COVID19 and SARS. Living in Toronto during the time of SARS I don’t remember too many people wearing masks; you just tried to stay away from people who were coughing and sneezing.

Earlier this year, Health officials in Canada were pooh-poohing the idea of the general public wearing surgical masks and N95 masks to save them for Drs and nurses, and were saying that other types of masks didn’t provide much protection in the context that they weren’t effective against catching the virus from OTHER infected people. They now encourage people to wear these types of masks (non-surgical, non-N95) in the context that they can prevent YOU from spreading the virus to others when you are contagious but haven’t shown outward signs of infection yet. I don’t see a flip-flop here.

ju25

Addicted to Softballfans
USSSA-Slowpitch Softball

·
_BSrkXmU94d.png

v_MQ4bBP4g8.png

We promised you an update regarding the Conference USSSA Hall of Fame Dual event as soon as we had one. We are excited to be reporting that SPORTS are approved in the State of Florida!.
We are VERY EXCITED to let you know that the Space Coast Complex and USSSA, is NOW welcoming the Conference USSSA Hall of Fame Classic Event with the following classes!
Men’s Dual I - June 4/5. (8am Thursday Start)
Men’s Dual II - June 5/6/7
Women’s Dual I - June 5 (8am Friday Start)
Women’s Dual II - June 6/7
Men’s D - June 6/7 (attempt to finish Saturday)
Men’s E - June 6/7 (attempt to finish Saturday)
Won’t conflict with Men’s D & E
Mixed D - June 7 (8am Start)
Mixed E - June 7 (8am Start)

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
Apparently with fans in the stands as well. I'll wait and see what happens with the Conference opener in Arizona in 10 days before I make a decision on what is scheduled to be my first Conference tournament in Chicago Father's Day weekend.

C-DAWG25

I can remember when conspiracy theorists were at least smart enough to cover their faces. If there was any truth to that it would definitely not be on YouTube, and he'd definitely not be letting everyone see his face.

You know what you turn into when you assume don't you ? And I really don't know what or whom your talking about on YouTube.

Chembry

Addicted to Softballfans
Problem is there is way too much misinformation. Politicians, doctors, and news sources all seem to not know what the hell is really going on. They flip flop back and forth on what is the right thing to do. So how will we know what is the right thing to do?

Hospitals are being told by the government they will get more funding per the amount of Covid cases they report. They also are told to put the cause of death as Covid as long as you have it in your system. This was told to me by an administrator at a large hospital in Columbus. She told me about a guy that died of a heart attack that they had to put Covid as the cause but he had no symptoms, just the antibodies. So more than likely the true numbers are not what we are seeing on the news. Could be much higher or lower. A very small percentage of people have been tested.

Obviously many of you know people that have got the disease but I personally don't know anybody that has contracted it. None of the people I work with know anyone with Covid. My sister lives in Florida and she doesn't either. You just don't know what to believe and that is the most frustrating part.

You are correct stating there is quite a bit of misinformation out there. Including the statement I have placed in bold. That is not correct. COVID-19 is not listed as the cause of death in those circumstances. It is listed as COVID-19 related death. That data is reported and collected separately. I am not an MD, but am a PhD Scientist. I know several MD's and have asked them directly and they all gave that answer.

Many conspiracy theories pop up in situations like this. I am guessing because of either the general public's distrust in the government or lack of understanding. If you search long and hard enough, you will find data to support your theory, even a conspiracy theory. In that case, you already believe what you are looking for and clear sound science won't sway your opinion. That is not how research is performed. As a scientist, you are taught to ask questions and design experiments to probe those questions. You observe the answers regardless of bias. Those last statements are not directed at anyone in particular, they are general.

If anyone is interested, here is a link to a blog that is run by a colleague with 30+ years in the pharma industry. There are several blog posts about various topics on COVID-19. There are several posts and all are scientific in nature:

https://blogs.sciencemag.org/pipeline/archives/category/covid-19

The other good news is that Moderna published their phase I data on their mRNA-1273 vaccine. All volunteers produced antibodies in similar quantities as those who have recovered from COVID-19. They are moving to phase II now.

Last edited:

Paulypal

Addicted to Softballfans

I love it. Anyone that doesnt listen to main stream media or does research beyond what "they" want you to know is called a conspiracy theorist. Its a pretty good way out I guess.

Here in NY CBS news was bagged showing fake hospital video, and nothing was said or done. I guess that is also a conspiracy theory.

The amount of misinformation regarding covid sickness and deaths is staggering. Whats worse yet is that still too many people watch the news like sheep and nod in agreement while they are being manipulated.

I am not making light of the virus or how bad it is, but anyone that thinks numbers are not manipulated for financial/power gain is just being really stupid.

You have scum bags like Faucci on TV - a man responsible for thousands of deaths throughout his career starting with his AIDS "research" with people that have half a brain hanging on his every word. Its sickening.

I know I know -- its all a conspiracy.

Look at the history of the lab in Wu-han and their relationship with WHO, and Faucci. there are other names I could toss out that but you will see them when you research it yourself. Dont take my word for it--- do some research.

C-DAWG25

I love it. Anyone that doesnt listen to main stream media or does research beyond what "they" want you to know is called a conspiracy theorist. Its a pretty good way out I guess.

Here in NY CBS news was bagged showing fake hospital video, and nothing was said or done. I guess that is also a conspiracy theory.

The amount of misinformation regarding covid sickness and deaths is staggering. Whats worse yet is that still too many people watch the news like sheep and nod in agreement while they are being manipulated.

I am not making light of the virus or how bad it is, but anyone that thinks numbers are not manipulated for financial/power gain is just being really stupid.

You have scum bags like Faucci on TV - a man responsible for thousands of deaths throughout his career starting with his AIDS "research" with people that have half a brain hanging on his every word. Its sickening.

Look at the history of the lab in Wu-han and their relationship with WHO, and Faucci. there are other names I could toss out that but you will see them when you research it yourself. Dont take my word for it--- do some research.

Paulypal very well said ! and I vote for you for President ! and Faucci , the WHO and Bill Gates need to STFU ! People need to wake the hell up.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member

Are you talking about b-roll? The footage they show up in the corner while they talk about a story?

He quoted, almost verbatim, a conspiracy theory that's been making the rounds on YouTube. The cdc corrected some data on their website, and this man extrapolated all of what he just posted here. It's pretty funny, you should look it up. He'd printed out lots of paper and taped it to poster board. Very professional.

If we're nodding like sheep, what are the people that don't understand what covid-related means? I don't believe I've mentioned the news or fauci once. Feel free to keep up your assumptions.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Paulypal very well said ! and I vote for you for President ! and Faucci , the WHO and Bill Gates need to STFU ! People need to wake the hell up.
assuming makes an ass out of you and me, not just me if you want to know what the saying actually is. I don't really Feel like an ass since you just quoted a whacked out conspiracy verbatim, but I'm sure it's a coincidence. So, did you just happen to come up with that in your own? How long have you been hourly screen shotting their website?

Paulypal

Addicted to Softballfans
Are you talking about b-roll? The footage they show up in the corner while they talk about a story?

He quoted, almost verbatim, a conspiracy theory that's been making the rounds on YouTube. The cdc corrected some data on their website, and this man extrapolated all of what he just posted here. It's pretty funny, you should look it up. He'd printed out lots of paper and taped it to poster board. Very professional.

If we're nodding like sheep, what are the people that don't understand what covid-related means? I don't believe I've mentioned the news or fauci once. Feel free to keep up your assumptions.

I didnt say you mentioned Faucci. I was using that douche bag as an example of how folks can get manipulated by just watching what is on the main stream news.

Is it explained what covid-related means - or do they just put everything in the "covid bucket" without differentiating? It works beautifully by the way.

Have you read about the demand for covid related death retractions because people have been considered a covid death although they died of heart disease or cancer? Didnt see that on CNN did you?

Do you not believe that there is more $$$ in covid related sickness/death?

Again dont believe anything I say -- you shouldnt, but you should research before tossing around "conspiracy theory" as part of your vernacular.

C-DAWG25

I didnt say you mentioned Faucci. I was using that douche bag as an example of how folks can get manipulated by just watching what is on the main stream news.

Is it explained what covid-related means - or do they just put everything in the "covid bucket" without differentiating? It works beautifully by the way.

Have you read about the demand for covid related death retractions because people have been considered a covid death although they died of heart disease or cancer? Didnt see that on CNN did you?

Again dont believe anything I say -- you shouldnt, but you should research before tossing around "conspiracy theory" as part of your vernacular.

^^^^^^ THIS

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member

I don't watch cnn. Please tell me what doctors have to gain by falsifying medical reports. I'm curious what would be worth losing a medical license over. It would have to be pretty good to throw away a lucrative livelihood after going to school for all those years.

I didn't realize hospitals got extra money for deaths. It seems like an odd incentive for an industry that is supposed to heal them.

Your theory is that there is a conspiracy to falsify data. It's the definition of a conspiracy theory. You guys are cracking me up.

Paulypal

Addicted to Softballfans
I don't watch cnn. Please tell me what doctors have to gain by falsifying medical reports. I'm curious what would be worth losing a medical license over. It would have to be pretty good to throw away a lucrative livelihood after going to school for all those years.

I didn't realize hospitals got extra money for deaths. It seems like an odd incentive for an industry that is supposed to heal them.

Your theory is that there is a conspiracy to falsify data. It's the definition of a conspiracy theory. You guys are cracking me up.

I get that we are not going to agree. Thats ok.

Last edited:

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
These arguments are becoming increasingly trite. Softball will open again at some point. I know things have already resumed in AZ. Those who are scared of getting sick and don't want to play don't have to, plain and simple. Bandying around "he said-she said" type stuff isn't useful.

In the next month I think softball will slowly become a thing again as states reopen various things.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
These arguments are becoming increasingly trite. Softball will open again at some point. I know things have already resumed in AZ. Those who are scared of getting sick and don't want to play don't have to, plain and simple. Bandying around "he said-she said" type stuff isn't useful.

In the next month I think softball will slowly become a thing again as states reopen various things.
I agree, and then I think there will be a spike and everything will lock back down again.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I get that we are not going to agree. Thats ok.
I'm not asking you to convince me. I'm asking you what your point is. I don't expect to agree with you either, but now at least 3 people in this thread have said that they think someone is falsifying data, and 0 have stated why. I'm just curious as to the why.

Chembry

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm not asking you to convince me. I'm asking you what your point is. I don't expect to agree with you either, but now at least 3 people in this thread have said that they think someone is falsifying data, and 0 have stated why. I'm just curious as to the why.

MD's have nothing to gain falsifying data, as you already mentioned.

I personally believe that people want to believe in an ulterior motives, i.e. that this is all political. I have tried to explain the science behind vaccinations, medications, etc... From my personal experiences, they don't want to hear it or don't want to understand.

JN137

I'm not a "conspiracy theorist" by any means, nor am I taking a side with what I am about to say.. However, I personally know nurses, hospital staff, etc who have told me the media is blatantly spreading false information about what is happening and numbers are absolutely being skewed. I have also been told that hospitals receive more funding when deaths are related to COVID which would be a reason to skew the numbers IMO.

Again, not picking a side. Just relaying what I have been told.

Regarding softball, I do hope we get to play "soon". Golf courses are opened back near me which I am thankful for and it gives us something to do again so hopefully softball won't be too far behind!

C-DAWG25

I'm not a "conspiracy theorist" by any means, nor am I taking a side with what I am about to say.. However, I personally know nurses, hospital staff, etc who have told me the media is blatantly spreading false information about what is happening and numbers are absolutely being skewed. I have also been told that hospitals receive more funding when deaths are related to COVID which would be a reason to skew the numbers IMO.

Again, not picking a side. Just relaying what I have been told.

Regarding softball, I do hope we get to play "soon". Golf courses are opened back near me which I am thankful for and it gives us something to do again so hopefully softball won't be too far behind!

JN137 .. This is what I have also been hearing that the number are NOT being accurate at all but very far off. This is also coming from both Doctors and Nurses all from state to state. people are dying from other health issues but they are putting cause of death is related to COVID then it will be recorded as a COVID death.

Chembry

Addicted to Softballfans
JN137 .. This is what I have also been hearing that the number are NOT being accurate at all but very far off. This is also coming from both Doctors and Nurses all from state to state. people are dying from other health issues but they are putting cause of death is related to COVID then it will be recorded as a COVID death.

You don't have to be a statistician to know that the numbers being reported aren't the true number. The vast majority of individuals either don't show symptoms (asymptomatic) or show very mild symptoms that would be mistaken for a common cold/headache/flu. In fact, that is what makes this quite scary from a public health standpoint. Because the risk of death increases significantly with age, the likelihood of transmission to older individuals dramatically increases because normal individuals don't know they are infected; hence don't take precautions. What also makes this virus different is that asymptomatic transmission can occur up to 72 hours before an individual even shows symptoms. The flu is ~24 hours. I can't stress this enough, this is a NEW virus that we don't know much about. We learn everyday.

We don't know the true extent of the pandemic and likely never will. That DOESN'T mean we are hiding anything (doctors/scientists). We only deal in facts and data.

As far as the statement in bold from your post. I will say this again, that is FALSE. You are contributing to the spread of misinformation. COVID-19 related death is very different than COVID-19 cause of death. That data is collected and reported separately.

Last edited: