price ck on niw hyper z

RandyB57

Extra Hitter
New Hyper Z

Just bought one from Direct Sports for $139 plus shipping! ****** had them for about the same price. (have not hit yet though...too cold in NC mountains.)

lefty tn

2014 65M World Champs SSUSA Vegas
Great Bat. It would be nice to know the durability. My 28 oz has 250 swings.

marcster13

Addicted to Softballfans
I have around 500 on mine and it hits piss missiles. It has had a slight handle twist since around 50 swings but does not affect performance.

marcster13

Addicted to Softballfans
Update. So I just got another one of these. A used one from an auction site. Bat looks in good shape but the same slight handle twist. Must be more common that I'd heard of.

mnball

Addicted to Softballfans
All of my Hyper Z's ended up with the slight handle twist within 100 swings - but they are still going strong.

marcster13

Addicted to Softballfans
Good to know. I was worried when mine first did it but hasn't effected performance that I can tell. Cut off all that original bar tape and it's a nice end loaded bat. With it left on feels more balanced.

BruceinGa

always online
I just received a 28zo Hyper Z from Softball Magazine's Senior Camp. I'd like to get more than $139 (of course) so I think I'll try Craig's List first. I checked eBay and prices for a new Hyper Z, including shipping ran from $125 to $199. Seem like the average price is around $150. I'm curious as to why some pay $189 or $199. Do they just fail to check on completed auctions??? Or, do they just like some customer service ;)!

bimmerpilot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Seems incredibly low at that price.
Just make sure it's not a China or Taiwan address, or you may end up with a sawed off kiddie bat instead ;)

marcster13

Addicted to Softballfans
There's more of these out at big price drops. I wonder if Louisville had a storage full of new bats that had handle twisting without a swing on it. I say this cuz I got another one because it was so cheap. Well it's in the wrapper and it has the twist. Wth.

FreddieBallgame

Addicted to Softballfans
...yes i was blown away by the price so i asked a local bat ***** and he confirmed that it is a gtg site, paypal and everything, lol
has any one posted pics of a "twisted" chubby checker bat? i haven't seen the defect, but have seen it referred to a few times here ...

lefty8

Coach
At $70 with shipping I ordered me another one. I have a 28oz already and it hits great. Swing weight is a different than the other end loads I have. But after 200 swings this bat hit great.

harg

Addicted to Softballfans
harg

just received my hyper z today 59 bucks plus 10 bucks shipping from closeout bats type in tps hyper z at top of page to see this offer. 29 oz weighted 28.96 balance point 21 5/8 feels a little lighter than 30 oz st 100 balanced can't wait to hit.

Last edited: