ASA Progressive HR Rule

MillWoodJones#7

Addicted to Softballfans
Just curious... as to this rule never seems to be Consistent in my area..

In a Progressive HR Rule Tournament, can the Home team go up +1 in HR's in the Bottom of the 7th?

Taprootgft

Addicted to Softballfans
In any league I've been in, it has almost always been once both teams have reached the max (which I've never seen happen), each team then gets the +1, and they will continue to get the +1 to the Home Runs so long as each team hits one to reach the Max. So with the information you provided, so long as both teams have reached their max home runs, both teams would have gotten the +1 to the Max so the team in the bottom of the inning would be permitted to hit 1 home run, anything beyond that would be an out. Though it may be different in your league, but in the 4-5 different leagues I've been in that is always how it was ruled.

lb16

the natural
Hr rule

It does vary from orginizations most will not let the home team go up 1 in the last inning because this would be an unfair advantage to the visiting team. But either LD or TD can give you specifics for your situation.

MillWoodJones#7

Addicted to Softballfans
It does vary from orginizations most will not let the home team go up 1 in the last inning because this would be an unfair advantage to the visiting team. But either LD or TD can give you specifics for your situation.

Thats what i thought!! but this past weekend.. Lost on a walk off in the Bottom of 7th. The team went up +1 on HR count on the walkoff.. That gives the home team such an unfair advangtage it ridiculous... then in the same tournament in the next game... we couldnt go +1 in the bottom of the 7th... all i ever ask from officials is to be consistent.. you dont have to be good or even make the right call just be consistent in the rules that you are enforcing!!!

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
They get the same number of innings to hit em, so I say they should be able to. What if they only tie and it goes extras?

Sully

Wanna buy jerseys/rings?
It probably is a small advantage. I don't know about a huge advantage. They definitely should have done it consistently though. Either allow it all the time or never.

It's kind of like saying deferring in overtime in college or having the ball first in the pros is an advantage. It is a slight advantage, but teams still win losing the toss. Both teams have an even chance at getting that advantage with the coin toss.

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
What was written in the tournament rules you got when you paid your fees? If it didn't specify then you should have asked for clarification. FWIW I call two cities who treat it differently, one allows teams to go 1 up in the last inning and one that doesn't if it's been declared the last inning.

Crabby Bob

Addicted to Softballfans
Thats what i thought!! but this past weekend.. Lost on a walk off in the Bottom of 7th. The team went up +1 on HR count on the walkoff.. That gives the home team such an unfair advangtage it ridiculous... then in the same tournament in the next game... we couldnt go +1 in the bottom of the 7th... all i ever ask from officials is to be consistent.. you dont have to be good or even make the right call just be consistent in the rules that you are enforcing!!!

Your team is never home team?

sjury

The Old Man
I've never played in a tourney where the home team could go +1 in the bottom of the inning. The reason is if the visiting team goes one up, the home team would then have two hr to use, without giving the visiting team the same opportunity to hit as many HR, so the home team gets last at bats and an extra homerun not afforded the visiting team.

NCASAUmp

Un-Retired
The +1 rules in ASA are written for the Senior Slow Pitch classification, which handles things differently, such as when the last inning is established.

However, it is clearly spelled out in the ASA rules for that classification that the home team is not allowed to go +1 in the bottom of the 7th.